+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My Girlfriend's Dad Broke her Cellphone

My Girlfriend's Dad Broke her Cellphone

I've dated this girl for 2 years now.. But in the 1st year of the relationship she didn't have a cellphone but my parents gave her an extra cellphone that wasn't used for a while so in the start of our 1st anniversary we both had cellphones now. It's already been 11 months since we both had cellphones and now ever since she had a cellphone there are things that I don't like either. Every time I look at her cellphone she makes textmates with her suitors which I was very jealous about... and since I did share to her that I've been quite jealous about the fact, she decided we changed Sim Cards to avoid her getting tempted in texting them... after one week when we changed sim cards her Dad suddenly called but I didn't answer it... But everytime her dad sends messages to her sim card I pass the message to her so I will know what to reply to her dad... (her Dad doesn't know that we changed Sim cards. We did not let him know because her Dad is strict and might get mad.).

One day in the morning her dad texted some very furious text messages because she didn't answer her calls and then both of us decided that we change Sim cards again to stop the problem... but then at night her Dad took her cellphone and slammed it to the floor 3 times and now it's broken. She ran away from home this day and was accompanied by her younger brother and decided that they sleep at our house... by the next day she was taken back by her Mom.

She explained to me about the factors of why her Dad got furious is because she's been going to many places for her projects (most of which I have accompanied her) and that she only tells her Mom where she is going and isn't able to tell her Dad because he is at work. From the time when we exchanged Sim Cards, she's been a little lazy at her Chores due to her exams by the next week and also about why she didn't answer her calls to her dad. One of the biggest factor why her Dad really got furious was when he scolded her but scolded him back... That is one thing that children don't do to their fathers especially when they are REALLY VERY TIRED from work (Her Dad is a Technician). They just have to keep their mouths shut even if what they are saying is wrong.

What was wrong about her Dad is he never believes that she is really doing her Studies... What her Dad usually does is accuse her of going out with her friends in arcades or going to Malls because there were times that she was caught... But I have seen her change... in the last 5 months of our relationship she doesn't go out too much for fun anymore but is more concentrated on her Studies...

In her family, her Dad is really strict when it comes to household chores... and is strict about failing grades... they are really very disciplined because her Dad is a Technician and is hardworking even if they don't have too much income. He is also strict about relationships... he once said that they must not have relationships until they graduate in college... I for one got lucky because I know their family very well already for 5 years and that I also am close friends with his dad from the start... So I got her Dad's approval anyway...

Now my problem is, how can we keep in touch now? I always was 24 hours available to her when she got her cellphone but now that hers is broken, I am reduced to calling her in the phone and going into her house and invite her to Church during prayer meetings and Young People Gathering and Sunday Masses or go travel to the city...

Cell Phone was the main form of contact when we don't see each other... that's why it is hurting me... I missed the times we text each other...

If you have any advices, please do...

Your life shouldn't revolve around your GF. When you are not together you should be going out doing things with your friends, studying or playing sports. It's good to have some space to be on your own doing your own thing. It actually keeps a relationship healthy. As they say distance makes the heart grow fonder. When you get time together it will be that much more special.