+ Follow This Topic

Thread: getting back together with my ex

getting back together with my ex

Hi there,
    Here is the story in short. I want to get back together with my boyfriend. I LOVE him and MISS him very much. We have been dating for 2 years. For the last couple of months of our relationship we started fighting. Mainly because I complained that we weren’t spending much time together, and the more I complained the more he pulled away from me, which made it even worse. We broke up 2 months ago over a very stupid thing (I found a picture on Facebook of him being at some party I didn’t know about, and I went crazy, telling him how he has time to spend at some parties but doesn’t have time to spend with me). Anyway, we had a huge fight over the PHONE and we broke up. Two days after that phone brake up, I call him back, telling him how we were both angry and we said things we shouldn’t have, I calmly explain to him why I was so angry and that we should meet to talk and resolve our problem. He agreed and said that he would call me. Few days pass no call so I call him and ask him, are we OK, to which he said that we needed to talk but that he couldn’t do it today because he had some things to do and that he would call later. The next day, when there was no call from him by the evening, I call him, no answer. I text him and write him, how this whole thing was stupid, that we overcame much worse and that we can deal with this too and at the end I write to him how I love him and miss him. No answer. That is when I stopped calling and texting. A week passes and my friend tells me how he asked about me, how I was doing and if I was ok. Then one night I was at a bar with my girlfriends when he walked in, he came up to us, said hi to me, asked us how we were doing and walked away. Needless to say, I was devastated. I decided to get away for a while, so I take a 2 week vacation. While I was away his sister calls me and asks me what happened why we broke up. She tells me that she knows he loves me very much. I said to her that I feel the same, but that I don’t understand why he will not talk to me. And my friend also tells me how he keeps asking about me. I get back from my vacation few days ago and decide to go and see him. He owns a business, so I decide to go to his store, because I knew I would find him there. He was there, and we talked like nothing has happened. We updated each other, what had happened to us over the past 2 months; we laughed and joked for about an hour. Then he said that he had to go because his goddaughter had a birthday, and before we separated, I tell him how I know that I screwed things up with my constant nagging and my jealousy. He said that it wasn’t only my fault; we are who we are, and then he suggested that we go out for coffee some time to talk about it and AGAIN said that he would call me! That was two days ago and no call from him. I don’t know what to think anymore! I know that he loves me, I don’t understand his behavior. I know it has been only two days but I am afraid that he won’t call me, just like he didn’t the last time he said he would. I LOVE HIM MORE THAN I CAN SAY, I miss hi immensely and I don’t know what to do. I want him back. I know what my mistakes were and I am ready to change, but how do I tell him that when he won’t see me? Any advice, please! We were so good together, I want to correct my mistakes, please don’t tell me it’s too late! I LOVE HIM and being away from him hurts more than I can say, and I want to fight for our love! Please help. What is my next step?

You fretting and freakin over only 2 days tells me you are way too emotional for him to handle. He is behaving this way because you SMOTHER him! Christ when I first started reading your post you sounded like you were 16. Your badgering him was the reason why you ended up where you are with this, so cut it out. Do yourself a favor and calm the F down. Give the guy some space so he can miss you at least. It's OK, let him come to you when he is ready.

I don't hate you, thanks for the kick I am waaaay to emotional, I know that, but I gave him space for 2 months to miss me, I have not called or texted him. And after 2 months I decided to make the first step because I know that I screwed things up.

Ok, maybe you've done a couple of things wrong at that time, but even if it wasn't the best thing to do, you've been doing it for a reason.
    You say you didn't spend enough time together. After your argument, he didn't try to get back together. I am not sure that it will work again, because he sounds distant. Looks like it's back to old times already: he doesn't call and you are not happy because of it.

Don't call him yourself, let him keep his promise. Have a calm talk when yoou meet up. I think it's better to be direct about getting back together, or it will turn into a game. Let him say what he thinks about it.

Thanks for the advice... I don't wont to give up, but I probably will have to, because he is distant, even though his sister and my friend tell me othervise. Plus he also has "great" friends that tell him he's better off without me (I just heard that today)! I think I am going to let this go, even though it hurts very much...

some old good method

Just cool the things down. Been here some time ago. Not a good time.
    I read a lot. And there was some stuff that helped me a lot! Some Magical stuff =))
    No joking! just check: togettinganexback net