+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Just not that into you? (I mean, me)

Just not that into you? (I mean, me)

Ugh. I might become a nun and join the Catholic ministry due to my frustration with guys.
    (Just kidding, no offense guys or nuns).

Anyway, this one guy I've been talking to has really been throwing me for a loop. He got out of a really long relationship three months ago, but it's been a little over a month since I've seen him due to winter break (I'm in college and we live far away). However, we've been talking via texting, facebook, and once through Skype. I know I need to give him time, and I want to be his friend, but it something more grows from that, that would be fine with me I mean, after I get to know him better.

ANYWAY....sometimes he can be really sweet. He sent me this "cheer up" text when I posted something on my facebook wall about feeling nostalgic. But then something really frustrating happened today. I texted him to ask him something about college and he mentions that he is going to this really exciting event with his friends on Monday. He asked me if I'd like to come, and I said that I would if it was okay with his friends. He said his friend was fine with it but he forgot to ask if there was enough space in the car for me. I was all excited to take a little trip with them to this event but then he tells me that there's not enough space in the car, and sorry. This obviously pissed me off (why didn't you check that before offering me the chance to go with you?) but I played it off like it was nothing.

He told me, "How about you take me to lunch and I"ll try to say yes " (I didn't really understand the "try"....sometimes he has a weird sense of humor but maybe it's something different...) So we discussed and we're going to meet this Saturday for lunch (he set the date).

I kind of flirted with him through the texts but all of the flirty comments I made weren't responded to in the same manner....his responses were kind of cold. (ex: HIM: Don't think I'll let anyone sit on my lap in the car, either! lol ME: Before you ask me, no I won't sit on your lap if there's not enough space in the car HIM: Who told you I would let you? ...)

This guy usually has a good sense of humor and he is Mexican, so we talk in Spanish and talk about culture and I think it's an experience that we both enjoy But if this guy is going to be all wishy washy on me....I don't know whether to give him time and space and wait or just kick him to the curb and save me some potential heartbreak.

Comments? Advice?
    Last edited by chica; 16-01-11 at 06:20 PM.

Be clear with yourself about your expectations. If you can keep feelings light, go on a date (or a few) just to have fun and spend good time with him. Don't get too much involved (yet).