+ Follow This Topic

Thread: are his parents buying him?

are his parents buying him?

How do you know if your boyfriends parents are buying him? Does anyone have any experience in this? From what I can see his parents have just recently shown acceptance of him over the holidays for the first time in his life...and his mother doesnt approve of us together anymore.

Also, he has intense passion and apathy cycles. And he has broken us up so many times in 6 years. I am more objective than ever now in all of this so I feel like I have a good look at things but I dont contact him when we are broken up so if/when I hear from him again I want to feel prepared.

It seems his parents (mother mostly) runs his life somehow but its a bit subtle. And where the hell does the apathy/love cycles come from? Its just all so confusing even though I have known him so long.

I am keeping this short because my previous posts were not answered when a bit lengthy.

Please, your insight would be a gift to me right now.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What do you mean? Do they give him money and presents so he would dump you or what?
    I wazzzz here

I know that over the holidays his father tossed him $300. on his fathers birthday and started treating him differently. He played santa (tradition of the big family) for the first time at the party they threw. He lives there too for just under a year now downstairs. The bought his kids a nice nice drum set just like they did when he was young. And his mom tries to run him as if hes not capable. I live on my own and my parents dont have money. I severed the cord at 19 and he is possibly being guided still or controlled or coddled as if he couldnt do things on his own. You have to fall or help yourself from falling to prove your independence. I just think the parents are waaaay too involved. Even when he lives away in his own place its seen.

Does that help?

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No it doesn't mean they buy him. It means that they have money so they give it to him. It's normal for parents. My bf's mother also gives him money everytime she has opportunity to do it. He always refuses but she's then giving it anyway. Or sometimes when she comes to visit him in Spain, she buys him furnitures or other things when he's not at home so he has no opportunity to refuse . I think it's cool , especially cause parents do it because they really just want to help. It's really cool that there are parents who don't wait to hear " Mum,Dad HEEEEEELP ME" ,but they help when they see that their kids need something or that they give their kids things that will make them happy. I don't know why you feel this way. The problem is, they just don't like you. But I think this has nothign to do with the fact that they give him money and buy him things.
    I wazzzz here