+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it a rebound?

Is it a rebound?

I recently broke up with a girl whom I was very much in-love with. We dated for a while but she eventually ended it with me (with no real reason) Within two weeks she has a new boyfriend whom i noticed while looking on her facebook she says she is in-love with, she refused to say this to me our entire relationship. I am confused as to why she would say it to this guy within two weeks and she never said to me ( she infact got pretty mad the one time I told her I loved her)

Is this her on a rebound? Is she trying to hurt me more? answers would be appreciated
    So i threw you the obvious, to see what occurs behind the eyes of a fallen angel, eyes of a tragedy.
    Oh well. Apparently nothing.
    You don't see me.
    You don't see me at all.

It doesn't sound like a rebound because it seemed like it was what she wanted while she was still with you. It would be a rebound if you both broke up and she used the new guy to get over you, but it seems like she knew she was going to do this before she even broke up with you...or even broke up with you for him. At best she'll learn she made a selfish mistake but would you really want to be with her again if she already did this once?

rebound! she doesnt know what she wants :-)

He was likely on the scene and before she ended it with you - hence her reason for ending things with you, she was free to pursue things with him. People aren't always honest with reasons as to why they are ending it and they avoid the truth.

I loved my ex, more than the last ex.....it can happen that we go on to love someone else, more than we did a previous partner.

However, 2 weeks is too early and to know if you love someone. I suspect she hasn't know him for much longer than 2 weeks.

She sounds young.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 17-01-11 at 11:13 PM.

She hasn't the guy only moved here about 3 weeks ago. Shes 18 the same as me, i thought she was mature but im spacing oer the fact of how you can love someone after 2 weeks?
    So i threw you the obvious, to see what occurs behind the eyes of a fallen angel, eyes of a tragedy.
    You don't see me.
    You don't see me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by EnemyOfMyEnemy View Post
    She hasn't the guy only moved here about 3 weeks ago. Shes 18 the same as me, i thought she was mature but im spacing oer the fact of how you can love someone after 2 weeks?
    People can't say they love someone and after 2 weeks. She hardly knows the guy and to be able to say she loves him and it can take years to know someone....even then, do we ever really know someone?

What she is feeling is butterflies and she's thinking it's love or wanting to believe it's love.

She is only 18 after all.

It will probably be some other guy she's claiming to be in love with, in 6 months time.

She screwed up and is off to make more mistakes as that is what 18 year olds do. And some keep doing it. Sorry your going through this. Get her off your FB too, its not worth it. At least you were the more commited one in your relationship. You are closer to knowing love than shes is. And besides, love is different for everyone.

Yeah she is most deffiantly off my FB, and I think I'm more upset about losing her as my best friend then I am over her new fella.
    You don't see me.
    You don't see me at all.

Rebound or not does not matter... You still have a long way to go... Everyone may have to go thru a broken relationship and it jus part of growing up.... Cheers and take care.

[URL="http://bit.ly/makingup3"]Free video on relationship advice.[/URL]

Whether she left you for this guy or not in the end she pretty much screwed herself over. She'll realize she isn't really into this new guy because she didn't let herself get over you and you'll have gotten over (hopefully) her selfishness and moved on yourself to bigger better things. But if it doesn't work out with the new guy and she comes crawling back, I'd hope you'd think twice about taking her, because if she did it once so easily she could do it again.

Actually the second time she's done it so yeah the won't be a third time.
    You don't see me.
    You don't see me at all.

People don't end relationships for no good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    People don't end relationships for no good reason.
    If you can find it id appreciate it
    You don't see me.
    You don't see me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by EnemyOfMyEnemy View Post
    If you can find it id appreciate it
    Maybe there was a reason, and you just didn't know.

or maybe she was making a choice and dating you both for a while and she choose him... I know that sounds bad but that's the only idea I got to...
    I <3 <3 <3 yoooooooooooooooooou