+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introducing me :)

Introducing me :)

I haven't officially introduced myself yet even though I've been here over a week now and I've posted a bunch about my stupid breakup with my boyfriend... anyways, my name's Ashley, I'm 22 and I have 2 semesters left until I graduate college. So far this forum has helped me a ton, everyone has given me such great advice (even though some of it has been very harsh truth LOL) and I hope I can be able to help others back. Thanks for everything here's what I look like so you can put a face to the name

hello... hope your not feeling as miserable as some of us in here!

ugh... I am and I'm not. it comes and goes in waves, but I'm trying my best to remain positive

same here... gawd this sucks! nothing is keeping me positive...no sports, no activities, i don't want to do anything but sulk in our past memories!

anyways..don't want to ruin your thread...probably already did

welcome

I know the feeling! that's what this forum is for

hi, holy crap you have a lot of stuffed animals on your bed.

hahah i do! stupidly 2 are from my ex boyfriend... should i throw those out?! lmao

yeah, that would be kind of cheesy if i found out that my gf's teddy bear was a gift from an ex lol.

More like legs to a name! [Please don't abuse me women of the forum] :S

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    yeah, that would be kind of cheesy if i found out that my gf's teddy bear was a gift from an ex lol.
    I knowww it's cute though! I'll keep it for a little bit and then find something to do with it... burn it maybe?

If it has sentimental value: chuck it.
    If it is just a little stuffed animal and you just like it because it's cute doesn't mean anything to keep it.
    Even if you have pictures of your ex(s) most guys don't seem to understand the difference pictures kept:
    because they are moments and memories in time of who you were (not who you were with)

As long as you don't have his perfect smile plastered on an 8X10 then there's no issue.
    All of my psycho ex GF's forced me to throw away my pictures, while one in particular ex went through my personal things and burned them!

I mean if your current BF doesn't know a harmless teddy was given to you by an ex? Why does he have to know?

yeah I never understood that. I obviously took down a framed picture of me and him I had up on my desk, but I'm not gonna go through my photo albums and throw out every single picture of us. he was a part of my past, and even though I'm going to get over him, I'm not gonna pretend that he wasn't ever a part of my life and completely erase him from everything. that just doesn't make sense to me

Wow, a woman with common sense and decency!
    There is hope left in this world, lol

So, what's the 4-1-1 on the situation?

with me and him? we broke up. long story short (you can read my other threads if you're really interested LOL) he 1st said he was falling out of love with me, dropped that huge bomb, then decided to ignore me for 4 days leaving me with no idea WTF was going on. I convinced him to talk to me in person, he finally did, said now he didn't love me and lost interest and didn't see us being together forever, blah blah. I was upset, told him off completely, then he got upset, cried, said he made a mistake, wanted to work things out and take them day by day. After 3 days of dealing with this "in-between, are we together are we not" BS, I finally was like I can't do this anymore and he was like well it's been over (really? I didn't know that... thanks for the heads up jackass) and said that I was being stubborn for not getting over it, and not to talk to him til I was over it. so that's how that went! haven't talked to him since, been having my ups and downs but starting to really feel alot better about the situation, I've been going out with friends, trying to remain positive, starting to really see his flaws and negative aspects of the relationship and slowly but surely healing

I wouldn't throw away pics of my ex, either. I keep them in a box. Well, except for the scandalous ones, which I burned as soon as I was back on American soil.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast