+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confused What to do...

Confused What to do...

I originally met my girlfriend about 6 years ago, we didn't speak up until 3 years ago, and have being together since the 30th, 09', 2 years in 2 weeks.

It isn't the perfect relationship to start with we are both insecure in our own ways, I am the type to keep quiet and deal with things that bother me, if it gets so bad, then I confront her but she is fully foot down with hers. Just last night she deleted the best part of 30 numbers in my phone- even my sisters because in her words 'The number didn't match my sisters on her phone' Then got upset saying I shouted at her, when I just asked 'what are you doing?' in a tone nowhere near shouting. Where I work there are a few people who are in relationships and who aren't and those who aren't are drastically more unhappy than those in, I don't want it to come to that, being honest, after two years of 'seclusion' lets say, I wouldn't know how to start a new relationship.

But the topic of today's arguments was tattoos. She was fine for me getting my shoulders tattoo'd then when I asked her about having my forearm tattoo'd she said she hated tattoos and people with them. So I assumed it was her insecurities as the tattoo is visible it would draw attention.So I asked about getting a tattoo on my bicep, higher up so it is covered, not an offensive tattoo in any sense, just a simple maori pattern. She told me if i got a tattoo she was going to go out in a bikini, after I said there was no relevance between the two she ignored me for an hour and sat crying in my arm, refusing to tell me what was up. Then she turned it onto me, saying i was ignoring her, great. Shes gone back to college now, but I don't know what to do. I want to get a tattoo but I don't want to loose her, or have to put up with games, I get the strong feeling that if i go against her now, she'll make it hell for me.

Sorry, For the long read, What should I do?

Where I work there are a few people who are in relationships and who aren't and those who aren't are drastically more unhappy than those in,
    So that is a good enough reason and to remain in a lousy relationship then?? Because you fear you'd be unhappier single?

Sorry....but I'd far rather be single and I guess a LOT happier, than have to stick out some relationship with the likes of your gf, who no offence sounds a fcking huge pain in the ass.

You say in so many words, that you don't want it to end.

If you don't want to help yourself, how is anyone else expected to help youi?

I do want to help myself, but after 2 years of seeing her everyday, Everytime I think about anything, shes always there. So I can't seem to imagine what being single is like. Sounds kinda strange really..

And every time we have split up before we've got back to together.

Quote Originally Posted by LukasUK View Post
    I do want to help myself, but after 2 years of seeing her everyday, Everytime I think about anything, shes always there. So I can't seem to imagine what being single is like. Sounds kinda strange really..

And every time we have split up before we've got back to together.
    Oh puleeease. I was with my ex for ten years....big deal!

It's not how long you have been together that counts and you don't have to remain with someone and because you share history together. My decision to be with someone and remain with someone, would be based on the fact on how they 'treated' me....and it would appear that she isn't treating you right and has no respect for you whatsoever. Is that the kind of woman you REALLY want to spend the rest of your life with? If so, then you have bigger issues than she does.

You don't want to help yourself and because you'd see sense and leave.

Trust me, singledom isn't as bad as it's made out. Like I said, you couldn't fare any more worse being single, than being stuck in a hellhole with her.

I would choose to be single than getting used to a girl that I do not have feeling anymore... At least u still can keep the happy memories together before things get nasty.

[URL="http://bit.ly/makingup3"]Free Video on relationship advice.[/URL]