+ Follow This Topic

Thread: advice/experience/help needed

advice/experience/help needed

My gf broke up with about a month ago after a relationship of about 6 months. She broke up with because she didn't think 'this' was 'it' for her although nothing was wrong with me, I was the perfect boyfriend....

One month later we see each other regularly, most of the times because I ask her to do something. I know I shoudn't do this, because I am stil hoping we are going to end up together and I know that that's what I am trying to accomplish by being with her.

I am always excited if I can see her again, even if I cant touch her. But afterwards; I feel so depressed because nothing has changed.

I don't know what to do here, please help me. I love this girl so much...

Stop seeing her. You're only damaging yourself.

As hard as it may be for you, she has obviously accepted you as a friend and no longer a boyfriend. She has moved on, so now, not matter how much you think you can't do it, or how much it hurts you...you just have to move on. STOP seeing her. All seeing her all the time will do is get your hopes up for nothing. In order to get over her fully, you simply have to stop seeing her.
    Never regret something from your past, everything happens for a reason.

Yep, darlin' you have to let it go. I held onto a long distance relationship for three years, despite EVERY sledgehammer clue that it was hopeless. Dayum, it was almost FOUR years. Last July I finally let go. One phone conversation was enough to clue me in that this man was never gonna be what I needed or deserved. I've dated so much since then. Mr. Right? Nah. Mr. Right Now? And how!

LOL! No joke. When you open yourself up, you meet all kinds of fun folks. Just date, enjoy. Stop pining. If she does not want you, it's her lapse in judgement and HER LOSS!

Colleen

Quote Originally Posted by Rach
    As hard as it may be for you, she has obviously accepted you as a friend and no longer a boyfriend. She has moved on, so now, not matter how much you think you can't do it, or how much it hurts you...you just have to move on. STOP seeing her. All seeing her all the time will do is get your hopes up for nothing. In order to get over her fully, you simply have to stop seeing her.

It's noet so easy to stop seeing her; first of all because of the obvious reason that I miss her. The problem is we have a lot of mutual friends and we of course both want to keep seeing our friends.

I know she will take a step aside if I would ask her, but I really cant do that; After all,these people are her friends as well.

Maybe falling in love with one of my close friends wasn't such a good thing after all...

Friends are friends for a reason you've really only got four choices 1. Make new friends, 2. Ask her to make new friends, 3. tell her you all out love her 4. wise up she's a friend and nothing more, to keep your friend's and the friendship with this girl intact you need to stop! If that means removing yourself from your group of friends temporarily then thats what you need to do.

I can seee the difficulty in your situation breaking up with someone and then not seeing them again is hard enough but breaking up with someone and constantly seeing them must be painful but thats the choice you make when you date within a circle of friends (By the way the first three choices were not me being serious just trying to let you see you don't have too many realistic choices). Don't beat yourself up too much either you really can't help who you fall in love with thats the bummer part about love it could be anyone!

So stop beating yourself up over it. Limit the damage to your circle of friends, yourself & this girl and just try to be with family or other friends for a while. Surely not everyone you know, knows her?