+ Follow This Topic

Thread: If your boyfriend/girlfriend forgets your birthday

If your boyfriend/girlfriend forgets your birthday

I have a girlfriend i have been dating since the past two years and now going to the third year.Recently,we started a long distance relationship because i relocated and we haven't seen each other like 10 months but we regularly talk on phone.Within the past 2years of our relationship she even forgot when it was our anniversary as I was often the one that reminded her that today is our anniversary.And to make matters worst,she recently forgot my birthday as i got no call or message from her.If you are in my shoes,what would you honestly do especially if this somebody you make sure she lacks nothing and that you have in mind to marry.

Well if this is a girl you're thinking about marrying then she must be pretty nice. And if she's that nice and you've been together for about three years, then this is probably something you should just overlook. She'll feel like an idiot when she realizes she forgot it.

How did she normally react when you reminded her that it was your anniversary?

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    How did she normally react when you reminded her that it was your anniversary?
    She is always like OMG...takes a minute silence and then becomes apologetic.She always has an excuse.Well the entire situation really makes me look stupid at times because I feel such things are suppose to be more of her responsibity because girls take such things as anniversary more serious than guys.But in my own case it is the opposite;i am the one piloting the relationship.

I think you'd better chill out. Like you said, men aren't supposed to really give a shit about this kind of stuff, and so you sound like a whiny girl. Don't victimize yourself over stupid little things like this.

Whiny girl might be a bit harsh ^^

But yea, as dop says, relax. If you're happy with the relationship in general then a few moments of forgetfulness shouldn't worry you too much. Focus on the whole package, not this. Unless your reaction to these moments is representative of deeper doubts about your relationship, there shouldn't be a problem.

Alright thanks guys.I was thinking things like that could be a parameter to adjudge if one's partner really cares or not.
    Last edited by cologne; 19-01-11 at 11:05 AM.

sadie_genie Guest
    Ya, some people are just bad with dates. But I understand that being the person whose b-day is forgotten feels pretty crappy. Just remind her ahead of time next time so you won't end up sad on your special day.