+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If your girlfriend forgets your birthday

If your girlfriend forgets your birthday

I have a girlfriend i have been dating since the past two years and now going to the third year.Recently,we started a long distance relationship because i relocated and we haven't seen each other like 10 months but we regularly talk on phone.Within the past 2years of our relationship she even forgot when it was our anniversary as I was often the one that reminded her that today is our anniversary.And to make matters worst,she recently forgot my birthday as i got no call or message from her.If you are in my shoes,what would you honestly do? Especially if this somebody you make sure she lacks nothing and that you have in mind to marry.

I believe you're slowly being dumped.
    10 months without seeing each other? You must be the most patient male on this planet!
    "E ao imenso e possível oceano
    Ensinam estas Quinas, que aqui vês,
    Que o mar com fim será grego ou romano:
    O mar sem fim é português."

What forced you to relocate? i,e leave her? You love each other SOOOO much yet you've not got together in 10 months? You do not have a relationship. I love my GF and cannot imagine for one moment not seeing her for 10 months

At times certain relocation is just inevitable maybe because of job transfer or further studies.I wouldn't throw away such opportunities and go unemployed because I wanted to stick my a** with a girl.Moreso, i couldn't have taken her along either because she is still in college.My question is,do u really think she cares about me with such her actions?I really love her so much.

Relocating is a step backwards and honestly there is nothing to be gained from something like that. The other poster is right, you are slowly being dumped. Start over and date locally.

If I was in your shoes I wouldn't have left her and not seen her for 10 months. I have family members that have moved early to wait for their kids school to end but they would come home pretty much every weekend. Neither of you have made an effort to see each other for 10 months? I went to college, we had breaks of atleast a week between sessions, she didn't come see you? You surely have had opportunities to go see her over 10 months if the relocation HAD to be done for work or school. I would say she has lost interest, I know I would if a girl relocated and never made an effort to see me for 10 months.

First off: Long distance relationships don't work: it says "I'm going to bang any/everyone I can/want without you knowing."

2nd, your birthday is just a day, nothing really special HOWEVER- I will say that her not affirming that she thought of it=a cold, heartless bitch.
    Even if she had an excuse "I was so busy with school" or "I didn't have access to a phone" she can write, email, text, ANYTHING just to tell you she thought of you.

Last, your anniversary: She obviously doesn't give a flying shit about your relationship. If she forgot it: it is somewhat understandable
    (to some people) but this is up to you what you deem acceptable or not.

Do you really expect a female (who gets horny, has needs) not to find someone else who can physically touch her and please her?
    C'mon now man! Move on and find someone who can ignore you in person.

Okie Dokie is right.
    Did you make ANY effort to visit her? not even once? Did she?

If not: this whole "relationship" title seems like a joke and jokes aren't taken seriously.

We are currently in two different countries but I have plans to see her this summer.But wait a minute,are u guys ruling out the possibility that a girl can't stay and wait for her lover for like say a year?So what is the fate of those in the military who go to places like Iraq and leave their girlfriends for months?

Quote Originally Posted by cologne View Post
    But wait a minute,are u guys ruling out the possibility that a girl can't stay and wait for her lover for like say a year?
    I'd say it's possible but highly unlikely. It doesn't take long for a girl to find a new boy friend and I would guess that she already has. Sorry man
    It's not certain, but I would stay on my guard.

.But wait a minute,are u guys ruling out the possibility that a girl can't stay and wait for her lover for like say a year?So what is the fate of those in the military who go to places like Iraq and leave their girlfriends for months?

Some females can and do wait for men they love...I would

We aren't all slags who get sick of not getting sex - we arent men, we are women...we are motivated by FEELINGS, NOT SEX.

Therefore if we love him, we wait for him.

For me to wait for a man though, he'd have to show me the same committment back.

I'd end a long distance relationship if he wasn't that calling that much, forgetting important dates, etc

It's not that hard to distinguish between someone who loves you and someone who doesn't and is losing interest.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 20-01-11 at 02:23 AM.

We are currently in two different countries but I have plans to see her this summer.But wait a minute,are u guys ruling out the possibility that a girl can't stay and wait for her lover for like say a year?So what is the fate of those in the military who go to places like Iraq and leave their girlfriends for months?
    Its entirely possible IF both parties love each other and are committed, but from what you've described I would say their isn't much of either for you two. I have a few friends in the military and MANY of their fellow service men friends come home from overseas duty single or being served divorce papers.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That is totally different, you have made a permanent move, yes? The guys that serve in the forces have a tour of duty- there is always light at the end of the tunnel, there is an end to them being seperate. Also, usually if you get into a relationship with someone in the forces you realise that there is a real possibility of them going on tour.

I'm in a LDR (though were not as far away as you and your gf seem to be). It didnt start out this way, after a few months he moved away due to work (i knew this was planned when i got involved with him)
    We both make the effort and we see each other most weeks- the longest has been just over 2 weeks. Im not saying this is possible for you, but the point is you HAVE to make the effort... though i couldnt be in a ldr forever with no future plans...the only reason im doing it now is because i love him and will be moving in with him later in the year.

Hell, if i didnt see him for 10months there is no way we would be together..whats the point? You have moved away indefinately. How do you see your relationship progressing? sure, you say you're going to see her in the summer...then when after that?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertz View Post
    Hell, if i didnt see him for 10months there is no way we would be together..whats the point? You have moved away indefinately. How do you see your relationship progressing? sure, you say you're going to see her in the summer...then when after that?
    Have to add that I'd only wait for a guy if there was a definite plan that we'd be together eventually.

I wouldn't put my life on hold for any guy long distance and on the offchance we'd be together one day, or not knowing when I was to see him next - wouldn't be any point.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    Have to add that I'd only wait for a guy if there was a definite plan that we'd be together eventually.

I wouldn't put my life on hold for any guy long distance and on the offchance we'd be together one day, or not knowing when I was to see him next - wouldn't be any point.
    Thats what i was trying to say...you did it better haha
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

I know it is male's forum, but I couldn't walk past it, as you are thinking to marry someone who doesn't seem to care that much.
    Ok, there are people who are bad with remembering dates or don't take it that seriously. But you can expect them to care more about it because of relationship. More often people don't remember, because they can't be bothered.
    It is an indicator. I confess myself to have a better memory for such things regarding guys I like more.
    Of course a girl can wait for her lover. If she really cares about him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast