+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: why are you guys like this?!

why are you guys like this?!

LOL so I only broke up with my boyfriend a week ago. already I have these old guy friends/hookups coming out of the woodwork trying to text me all the time and ask to hang out. even new ones I'm just meeting, and who have girlfriends... what the hell? and one of my ex's old friends who he doesn't talk to anymore got a drink with me tonight and tried to kiss me... it's like seriously, I just got over this breakup and I'm not into anybody right now, not for awhile... and it's like I'm trying to fling them all off of me. it's fun to get the attention again but it's so overwhelming... I need my space! LOL

Why do we do that? Because you can't win if you don't play.

Ashley...it's a compliment that men find you attractive.
    Most of them either don't know or don't care.
    They just see "Meat" and single.

The problem I see is when you DON'T get noticed, of course I get that you
    don't want a new relationship and you're getting the polar opposite.

Wanting to hang out is not the same as being attracted to you. Nuff said.

Some come out of the woodwork and because they are looking to get a piece of what your ex had and received....like his old friend who tried to kiss you.

Some of them could have secretly had a crush on you, now you are available, they try their luck with you.

Some could be friends who steered clear while you were in a relationship out of respect for the relationship.

This is what I've found with guys and the same has happened to me. Break up with a guy, then suddenly other men move in.

Must think we can jump from one man to another - sorry, it don't work that way guys and is one of the reasons why some of you end up 'friendzoned'
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 20-01-11 at 09:22 PM.

the thing that aggravates me is some of them are trying to move too fast. one of my old friends from high school who I used to hook up with way back in the day saw me at a bar last weekend, since then he has been texting me nonstop. he even had the nerve to say "oh if we hang out, I wouldn't be opposed to hooking up... but I'm not gonna expect it!" like, seriously? I just got over a breakup and I don't wanna hook up with anybody for awhile. and then one my ex's old friends met up with me to talk last night, but tried kissing me as we left! it's like I can't just hang out with people cause they think now that I'm single I wanna hook up with them and do whatever, and it's not the case

When you say you "used to hook up with" what does that mean?
    Just "scamming" "macking" just making out? If so, then that's why!

He doesn't have empathy nor compassion for what you feel/going through much less
    did he seemingly ask you how you were feeling? The issue is a double edged sword.

These people don't truly know you/who you are (or even worse, they don't care) so...
    they have the same worldly expectation as someone who they view as "a piece of ass" looking for the hook up...

When I was that immature I'd view a girl / friend as someone I didn't have sex with yet...
    Until these little boys learn to think with their reason instead of their penis's emotions: it won't change.

Consider when you are out with them: you focus on the positive and make the best of your situation...
    They may not see a hurt woman, and think it's over, time to play! -If I were you: going out with male friends
    that clearly don't respect you should take a back seat to doing things more productive with your time or at least
    choose people of better character to surround yourself with!
    Last edited by SelflessnHumble; 21-01-11 at 03:31 AM.

yeah, I know. we used to hook up a.k.a. everything but sex, this was back when I was still in high school. I just don't like how it's like, I'm single so now all of a sudden people think I wanna "hang out" and hook up and stuff. you're right, it shows no respect!

and he did ask how I felt, but I think it was just to make himself seem nice. keep in mind I haven't seen/really talked to this guy in about 3 years. now all of a sudden that I'm single he comes creeping back? it's like everyone's sympathy is just fake so they can try to get with me. no regard for what I'm going through

Quote Originally Posted by ashley89 View Post
    and he did ask how I felt, but I think it was just to make himself seem nice. keep in mind I haven't seen/really talked to this guy in about 3 years. now all of a sudden that I'm single he comes creeping back? it's like everyone's sympathy is just fake so they can try to get with me. no regard for what I'm going through
    Well, quite frankly my empathy and understanding are real and I promise I don't want to get with you...no offense of course!
    I just happened to find someone I can one day throw my dentures at them and wear some "oops I crapped my pants" diapers!

You will too. It's natural to feel in this way, just like it's natural to want sex...
    But, don't worry about it. When you feel like the Grand Canyon THEN it's time to look up Craigslist for some casual encounters! lol (I keed)

LOL so I only broke up with my boyfriend a week ago. already I have these old guy friends/hookups coming out of the woodwork trying to text me all the time and ask to hang out.
    That can't be worse than the girls who ignore guys until they are in a relationship (not a personal experience, I just hear that happens a lot).
    Sounds like you won't be having problems with getting a date once you are over your ex. Congratulations

As for why are guys like that... You are available and they find you attractive. They can't know that you aren't interested until they have tried.

Kinda like a pack of dogs sniffing around a female dog....that's not saying you are a dog btw, lol....it's kinda just how I see it.

I think you are very pretty, I saw your photo...your ex must be blind or frigging stoopid.

Oh and Im STRAIGHT, so don't get worried. LOL

lol!------------

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    I just happened to find someone I can one day throw my dentures at them and wear some "oops I crapped my pants" diapers!
    LMAO! you guys are hilarious thanks, he is pretty damn stupid

this is my new favorite term... 'coming outta the woodwork'. every time someone says it, i imagine lifting up a log and seeing a bunch of termites, worms, grubs, and all kinds of creepy crawlies falling out.

anyway, i don't do this. in fact, when a girl recently broke up with her bf, i stay the hell away. but i do see guys posting on my female friends' walls when they break up, being all flirty. inexperienced guys looking for poon haha

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast