+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Under another man

Under another man

My friend likes to say: " To get over one man you have to get under another" But does that really work? Im not interested in trying as I see it to be no solution nor do I think about it, nor does it appeal to me at the moment, nor does it seem like a healing step to take, maybe down, but up?

No self preservation in it.

How about you?

If I had feelings for one guy, having sex with another wouldn't help me get over him.

If I have feelings for someone, I have no desire for any other man.

It is a saying I've used before, but I tend to say it in humour.....not because I believe it or think it works.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It doesn't work. It will just make you feel like a whore.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

from friends experiences as above, you'll just end up feeling like a cheap slut. seriously i dont get people who **** someone else to try and get over someone they still care about? why could that ever possibly work ever? also, the person you shag will probably think your an easy slut as well...

LOL, chiiiiiiillll , I was putting that out there because my girlfriend teasingly says that here and there (when my possibly bipolar now ex again bf would break up with me). And of course I have not the taste for another man when I have got it hard (teehee) for another!

hahaha I've heard that quote before too! it's funny, and maybe works for some people, but I don't think it would for me. not for awhile anyways. right now, even spending time with other guys reminds me of why I liked my boyfriend in the first place and makes me miss him, so I don't think hooking up with another one would make me feel better... I'd probably just compare him to my ex and it'd make things worse at this particular point

OP, your friend is a needy nut job or ignorant at best.

My advice is for you to not settle, wait till you get over your current mishap (which you will in time), and then try dating someone that you have more in common with and like to be around.

Assuming of course you are sane (ish).

To the other posters in this thread trying to make this about you, don't. This is not your blog so please respect the forum rules and try to be more helpful and less unhelpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ashley89 View Post
    hahaha I've heard that quote before too! it's funny, and maybe works for some people, but I don't think it would for me. not for awhile anyways. right now, even spending time with other guys reminds me of why I liked my boyfriend in the first place and makes me miss him, so I don't think hooking up with another one would make me feel better... I'd probably just compare him to my ex and it'd make things worse at this particular point
    Hey Assley 89, no one is interested that you are having your period. Your mood says "bitching", why don't you have some chocolate instead of polluting a forum with your bad attitude. Thanks.

I would not do that if I were you. Especially if you don't really like the guy you will end up feeling really bad. What if you get back with your boyfriend, you will have to tell him about that fling and then he may e upset that you didn't love him enough to stay away from other guys even for a short while.
    'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. Alfred Lord Tennyson

Quote Originally Posted by speakerspoke View Post
    Hey Assley 89, no one is interested that you are having your period. Your mood says "bitching", why don't you have some chocolate instead of polluting a forum with your bad attitude. Thanks.
    ...what's wrong with you? I don't have a bad attitude, if you read any of my other threads you'll see how I've helped people and I'm remaining positive after a bad breakup... also looks like I've been thanked more than you have, so why don't you shut your mouth and find something better to do

...what's wrong with you? I don't have a bad attitude, if you read any of my other threads you'll see how I've helped people and I'm remaining positive after a bad breakup... also looks like I've been thanked more than you have, so why don't you shut your mouth and find something better to do
    It's always the other person with you isn't it? Shocking.

Maybe the problem here is that you and your period seem to be a dynamic duo of self promotion and endless twitting.

Ashely69, have you ever considered shutting your mouth and finding something better to do? Is that your idea of "helping people" or good advice? Because to me it sounds like a spoiled brat throwing a comical tantrum.

You seem unable to stop talking about yourself is all, so you can feign interest in other people's problems on here all you want. You are just using it as a vehicle to talk about yourself and what you think and how your farts smell like ice cream and what not.

Do you consider taking provocative pictures of yourself in a shower to be helpful to other people on here other than for your own self promotion and for lonely guys to whatever to?

Listen here lady, you have absolutely zero credibility with me and with this forum and have along way to go to attain either.

So you and your period should have a long talk with each other about your favorite episode of "The Hills" or whatever, just try not to blog about it after or in real time. Thanks.

p.s. Being "thanked" by a bunch of lonely male sycophants would equate to Pamela Anderson being a chemist. A girl who takes shower pics of herself on a forum with a certain percentage of the population being lonely of sleazy males would account for a large percentage of your "thanked" posts.

And no I do not think Pamela Anderson is a standard of beauty, I think she is an STD ridden douche bag on crack. Not very appealing.

Out of curiosity the pic of you in the jail shower helped your "popularity" no?

LMAO! ok, someone needs to see their therapist ASAP... you're hilarious though, thanks for the laugh!

LMAO! ok, someone needs to see their therapist ASAP... you're hilarious though, thanks for the laugh!
    Oh so this is all one big joke to you is it? There are people here who take this forum seriously bitch!

I'm not trying to take sides here, I'm just speaking for the, at the moment silent majority, while maintaining my neutral objective stance.

Do you see a therapist? I'm not here to judge, just trying to get all the facts on the table is all, which leads to better understanding and will only heighten the level of discourse, some studies show.