View Poll Results: Posting engagement rings on Facebook...

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Post a ring, it's cool.

4 25.00%
  • Don't post, it's tacky.

12 75.00%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Posting pictures of engagement rings on FB

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Lol vashti ,it's just an example Anyway it's a picture from some very very bad polish soap opera
    I wazzzz here

they could be just showing it off or that they are just really happy the man they love has asked her hand for marriage, I am not the showy type but i dont mind sharing a picture of our wedding ring in my fb?
    http://www.antileon-ent.com/sex

If the man I love spends hours and days and weeks picking out the perfect ring and planning a perfect moment and asks me to spend forever with him? That is all kinds of happy news. If you wouldn't put that on FB, what kind of stuff WILL you put on there?

I mean, right now on my wall there is a sick toddler, a lost cat, a cute dog, a redecorated room, a plan to have pizza for dinner, a dog who won a dog show, a baby about to be born, a baby about to get a passport, and some smack talk about football. It seems to me that there is no picture too mundane or too fancy for FB. I rejoice in won dog shows and newly acquired boats and found kittens and first steps and 9th birthdays among my friends and family. I mourn flu symptoms and missed planes and ice storms and divorces, too. Of course I will share my happy and sad news in the same way. And expect it to be received just as I receive it from them.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I am actually more amused by the second pic, papi. It looks like she is saying "ha! I finally got him!", and he looks like he's whipped. lol
    It's fear that you see in his eyes LOL He's thinking "God my life is so over......"

one of my facebook friends recently did this. she put up a picture of a ring on her finger. honestly i am not impressed by diamond rings. but that's just me.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    one of my facebook friends recently did this. she put up a picture of a ring on her finger. honestly i am not impressed by diamond rings. but that's just me.
    I am not impressed by diamond rings either, so I get that. The most expensive fine jewelry and costume stuff from the clearance rack at Kohl's, I will just think it is pretty or not pretty. So maybe that is why I don't see an engagement ring picture as a jewelry showoff at all. I assume that my friends are like me. I would post that picture out of excitement that I have made a momentous step in my life and a desire to share the joy. I would NOT expect friends to be estimating the cost or evaluating carat size or clarity based on an iphone picture I might post.

I am not impressed by used home pregnancy tests, either. But when a friend who had been trying a LOOOOONG time to have a baby posted one, I was ecstatic nontheless.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam_680 View Post
    I am not the showy type but i dont mind sharing a picture of our wedding ring in my fb?
    I have to say: a professional photo in the facebook wedding album to me is entirely different. In my opinion.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Take2 View Post
    If the man I love spends hours and days and weeks picking out the perfect ring and planning a perfect moment and asks me to spend forever with him? That is all kinds of happy news. If you wouldn't put that on FB, what kind of stuff WILL you put on there?
    I'm pretty sure updating my status from "in a relationship" to "engaged" accomplishes the sharing of the happy news.

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    I'm pretty sure updating my status from "in a relationship" to "engaged" accomplishes the sharing of the happy news.
    Sure. And if that's how you want to do it, I am fully in favor of that option. Similarly, if you have kids and want to announce their birth on FB by simply adding a son or daughter under relationships, that will work.

But some people prefer a little more emphatic statement of joy at the exciting change in their life. So expect some people to post baby pictures and ring pictures and all kinds of pictures, in addition to the quieter updates to ther status that accompany them.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I like the pictures. There are enough rotten things that go on in the world... why not celebrate someone else's happiness? I want to share the joy.

I have to wonder if there isn't a wee bit of jealousy that accompanies people who choose to look at this negatively.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm more annoyed... it's the same thing as saying my fiance every single status update. Just annoying to me. Sounds like bragging, and I don't like those who brag like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Take2 View Post

I mean, right now on my wall there is a sick toddler, a lost cat, a cute dog, a redecorated room, a plan to have pizza for dinner, a dog who won a dog show, a baby about to be born, a baby about to get a passport, and some smack talk about football. It seems to me that there is no picture too mundane or too fancy for FB. I rejoice in won dog shows and newly acquired boats and found kittens and first steps and 9th birthdays among my friends and family. I mourn flu symptoms and missed planes and ice storms and divorces, too. Of course I will share my happy and sad news in the same way. And expect it to be received just as I receive it from them.
    These all make perfect sense in that it seemingly conveys how happy these people are for what they are sharing. -the purpose of a social networking site is to share not just the good but the bad.
    My only dog in this fight is when a wedding ring is posted out of nowhere just to show off, which, again is their right...but distasteful.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123