View Poll Results: Posting engagement rings on Facebook...

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Post a ring, it's cool.

4 25.00%
  • Don't post, it's tacky.

12 75.00%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Posting pictures of engagement rings on FB

yeah I agree completely. I have a cousin who had a baby with her boyfriend, put up pictures of each sonogram, puts up a new batch of photos every single week saying his new age and stuff, and she recently got engaged and took pictures of the ring on her hand... I mean, I know she's happy and that's great but it just looks to me like she's trying to go LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT MY RING! LOOK AT MY BABY! I don't know, it's just not my style. I'm more of a private person anyway. Put those pictures in a photo album to show friends and family

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well so it seems to regular folk are against the notion of rock picture posting...

The forum I'm on is 65% yes, show off your ring while 35% say it's tacky. These are almost all brides and many of them seem to be MY RING, MY WEDDING, I'm the PRINCESS, ME ME ME. I get flamed lots there... but still fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ashley89 View Post
    I personally think it's tacky. I don't like people who abuse Facebook and put wayyyy too much information out there. I'm talking about stuff like sonograms, pictures of engagement rings, statuses every 3 seconds about what they're doing. An engagement ring is very special, and the bride to be should show the people she wants to show it off to in person! Why post it on Facebook? Just to get attention from a bunch of people you don't really know too well or even care about?
    Why would you have a bunch of people you don't know or care about on Facebook, especially if you're posting all kinds of personal info? Sounds foolish.

well in my case, I still have some people added that I went to high school with or that I knew briefly in a class at college or something, it's not strictly my friends and family. I know people who will add anyone and everyone and have over 1,000 friends, so they obviously can't know each one of those people personally. and it seems to me that those are the people who post pictures of their sonograms or engagement rings, so it's like they're just doing it for attention

well in my case, I still have some people added that I went to high school with or that I knew briefly in a class at college or something, it's not strictly my friends and family. I know people who will add anyone and everyone and have over 1,000 friends, so they obviously can't know each one of those people personally. and it seems to me that those are the people who post pictures of their sonograms or engagement rings, so it's like they're just doing it for attention
    This is probably why you have problems with guys bothering you after you broke up. You seem pretty carefree about giving out your contact info.

I also agree, though, that the people who post pics of rings are probably the ones with thousands of friends who are obviously depending on social networks to maintain their ego.

yeah, sometimes I tend to be too nice and give out my # when I shouldn't. but I have gone through my Facebook recently and deleted a whole bunch of people I didn't even talk to anymore, figured what was the point? I'm starting to lose my interest in it anyways. it's becoming another Myspace

yeah, sometimes I tend to be too nice and give out my # when I shouldn't. but I have gone through my Facebook recently and deleted a whole bunch of people I didn't even talk to anymore, figured what was the point? I'm starting to lose my interest in it anyways. it's becoming another Myspace
    You're becoming a vapid narcissistic sociopathic bore. If there is ever a mod opening here I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

sadie_genie Guest
    I see nothing wrong with showing off something big in your life (a marriage, a new baby, a big step upwards in your career, etc). It is probably something that someone worked hard on and it is a significant step in life. Why not let them show off and celebrate a little bit? Often those who show a great dislike for people who does so have some insecurity issues or is a great bore. Now, I am the type of person who dislike people who show off every little thing (showing off photos of little small purchases they bought, update their status every other minute, showing off their new boyfriend even when they change them every week, or taking millions of pictures of themselves in different poses with thick layers of makeup on) because they are not really big accomplishments and it is obvious they just want attention (undeserved ones). It is actually quite funny.

Real life > virtual friends.

Quote Originally Posted by speakerspoke View Post
    You're becoming a vapid narcissistic sociopathic bore. If there is ever a mod opening here I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.
    You've already shown yourself to be an asinine, bovine and immensely undereducated complaining and jealous hermaphrodite with your inept attempts at trolling
    people you cannot stand due to your own insecurities which seem to stem from being the social outcast who pees their pants just to keep warm in the winter time.

What I want to know is...Why is your life so incredibly mundane and insidiously empty that you have to post unsolicited attacks towards people of whom you're insanely jealous of?
    I mean they make penile implants for this sort of compensatory impulses ya know?

OMG guys who f uckin cares! That is what FB is all about.....posting what's going on in ones life and sharing it, whether it's an engagement or first new car......really what does it matter. What would be tacky is posting an open casket of a beloved cadaver.
    Last edited by smackie9; 23-01-11 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    which seem to stem from being the social outcast who pees their pants just to keep warm in the winter time.
    HAHAHA! seriously, you make me laugh so hard, I can't stand it anymore!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree with whomever said this is just another way people are sharing their excitement these days. I use facebook to store my photos, and although I don't have ay ring pics posted, I know people who have done it with their wedding pictures. I really don't understand why anyone would care enough to be offended by it. Aren't the people you add on facebook your friends?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Picture like this:

Is stupid IMO. It's just showing off,has no bigger meaning and a person posting it can go to hell or i don't care, I just think it's stupid and I leave no comments.

Picture like this:

is more reasonable, it doesn't focus on the ring itself, it's more like: "Hey guys we got engaged,be happy with us!!" .

Well it also depends on the couple. If i see people getting engaged after 6 months of being together, I think they are just dunno... no comments.But of course I talk about people like 20-25 yo. Well this situation happens mostly with people 20-22 yo.Yep...
    I wazzzz here

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I am actually more amused by the second pic, papi. It looks like she is saying "ha! I finally got him!", and he looks like he's whipped. lol
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast