+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to do for a college date?

What to do for a college date?

first off, i live on campus. Second, i dont have a car. my roommates do, but they wont let me use theirs. there is a campus bus that stays on campus and doesnt really go near any places i would wanna take this girl. i wanted to do the classic dinner and a movie but that isnt possible without car. technically i could, because our school has a theater and has movie nights, but idk what they even play, and idk if thats lame or not. im wondering if that is a good idea. and for the dinner aspect, we have restaurants on campus that use our meal swipes. would it be cute to "swipe" for her, or does that just seem cheap and not thought through? (im thinking it seems cheap and not thought through, but im not sure) so im wondering if any of those things would work, or if u guys have any better/creative ideas?

If the girl is someone you have known for a while the on-campus dinner could be ok, however, if this is a new girl you are trying to impress it could be seen as kind of cheesy. If you are not currently boyfriend and girlfriend the on campus idea could be good to get to know her better, but if you do plan on asking her out you are going to want to take her out to a decent, not necessarily a crazy expensive restaurant. You can always call a cab but that will cost you an arm and a leg. If you are desperate to get off campus see if you can find a friend to double date with you, it could be fun, and what's better than free transportation Movies are fun, but are not really ideal for getting to know someone better; they are great if you are taking out a girl you known for a while but being able to have a good conversation should be your first priority. Dinner or simple sightseeing should cover that end just fine.

Don't do the dinner and a movie thing if you have to stay on campus. The "swiping" thing would not be cute. The school theater probably wouldn't be that lame, but if you go that route, you're going to want to do something else before/after so you can actually talk to each other.

What else is there to do on your campus? Any music recitals/practices? Any theater groups putting on performances? Art exhibits? Nice open areas where you could take a picnic? Bike/walking trails? Find more ideas in your school's newspaper, or whatever.
    Last edited by MerryH; 22-01-11 at 03:32 PM.

Whether you and the girl stay on campus or outside, care some details,it is important!

Can't you just walk to a restaurant? If your options are limited, take her to some college event - like a play or a stand up comedian... there are always things happening on a college campus.

hmmm. i really have no ideas what to do. there is a place called ej thomas hall that sometimes has comedians and acts, but i checked the schedule and they wont have anything good for a while. i could always take her to a sporting event like a basketball game or something, but thats probly the worst idea

Kegger!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Kegger!!!!!
    Are you serious? Taking a girl to a kegger party for a date? That's a horrible idea.

It all depends on the girl lol. Anyways I was being facetious :p

I figured, haha

If you can find a nice, secluded area (if the evenings are warm) you could prepare a reasonably cheap but well-planned picnic with her, which gives you the opportunity to eat & spend time together (same as a dinner at a restaurant) which allows the option if the date is baaaaad for one of you to initiate ending it once you've finished eating, but also means if it's going really well you can relax together, go for a walk or just sit and talk in neutral territory (rather than your dorm room...) and get to know each other better.
    It also probably wouldn't hurt to take her to a stand-up show that isn't necessarily good because afterwards at least you could bond over just how terrible the comics were!

Quote Originally Posted by mishful View Post
    If you can find a nice, secluded area (if the evenings are warm) you could prepare a reasonably cheap but well-planned picnic with her, which gives you the opportunity to eat & spend time together (same as a dinner at a restaurant) which allows the option if the date is baaaaad for one of you to initiate ending it once you've finished eating, but also means if it's going really well you can relax together, go for a walk or just sit and talk in neutral territory (rather than your dorm room...) and get to know each other better.
    It also probably wouldn't hurt to take her to a stand-up show that isn't necessarily good because afterwards at least you could bond over just how terrible the comics were!
    i live in Akron, Ohio. there is 2 feet of snow on the ground lol. all these ideas are good, the problem is, i just cant make them happen

Well either you borrow a snowmobile and take her out for a ride or you can just spend time chatting on skype for now.

I still like my kegger idea. I had my first date with my ex at one when I was in college. It was crazy fun. The vending machines were knocked over and there was at least an inch of beer on the floor by the end of the night lol.

shes a good girl. i dont think she really drinks, except for when i met her. should i just invite her over for homework again for now? or go over her place for homework?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast