+ Follow This Topic

Thread: bipolar forum search

bipolar forum search

Well, I have been searching websites to see what I could find on Bipolar's of all types. I have read statements from people who love those with some form of Bipolar. Some didnt know till years later, some didnt know till after marriage, so on and so forth. Also read posts from people that have lived a long time either not knowing or knowing that they have a form of it, life stories. And how they dealt with it whether in a realtionship or not.

I cant find any active sites or threads to get some opinions.

DOES anyone know where I could find such a thing?

I just want to make sense of the past 6 years. If the man that I have loved for 6 years is manic than he doesnt even know. And I dont see any way around keeping my concerns from him if I do indeed speak with him again. All the signs are there and its been a shock to me. I keep telling myself that he couldnt be but thats not working. And now that I have heard all the personal stories and seen the research, I cannot believe that everyone who knows him has no idea. Then again, I went six years w/o knowing but I knew his behavior was questionable.

Jeez, it is surprisingly hard to find a decent online community for family and friends of bipolar disorder sufferers. I figured a couple of quick Google searches would turn something up, but nothing looked promising. Why do all the websites look like they were designed in 2001? Sorry I couldn't find anything for you. Maybe someone else can provide some links.

Your last paragraph confuses me, though. Has your ex(?) been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, or are you just trying to put a name to his behavior? If it's the latter, don't bother. It won't solve anything.

ok that sucked, I just wrote to you in a reply and for the first time I didnt copy and paste before sending it makes me log in again and of course I got nothing but a white screen. sigh.

So I will make it short.

You are ever so kind to take the time to look for sites for me. Thanks a million. Yeah they do all look ancient and are not user friendly. :0

So, no I am not looking for a name but rather educating myself. It has helped me (wether or not hes living with some form of bipolar or such) and if I am the only one that sees this than thats alot to carry. I wont be accusing him of it. We are a gentle with eachother. But all the signs are there except hes not the aggressive derogatory type that some manics are. I just wanted to have a forum to ask questions and get answers. My exhusband (left him in 2001 had very intense swings but hes better now. I dont know what is in store for the future for my recent ex and I, in fact he wrote me an email last night but I havent read it as I have an important event tomorrow and will wait till after. His sister lives with schizophrenia partial paranoia and does well on meds though she will never be the same. It could be that he has been overlooked by his family as just non functional ( they are very successful people) So we will see, never know.

And no , he is not diagnosed. He was however diagnosed with PTSD over a year ago. And I read the two can be very related. If he one day seeks help for his patterns than he may be able to help himself. I dont know if I will be playing a part in all this since I dont know how much more I can handle.

I do wonder what his email says but I dont want to know till after tomorrow, which is all about me and mother nature.