+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I am troubled with girlfriends guy friend situation

I am troubled with girlfriends guy friend situation

I have been dating my girlfriend for a year and a half now, and just recently have been realizing the magnitude of her relationship with her male friend. He is living in North Carolina and we are in Arizona. They have been friends longer than we have been dating, but it is coming to a point where I want to take the relationship to the net level, but the only thing is I'm not sure that this is wise due to being unsure just how close she really is to this guy. She talks to him every day, she texts him every day, even sometimes when we are hanging out, they make it a point to talk on the phone every other day. I have expressed that it bothers me she texts him when we are hanging out, and she has stopped doing it so much, but she still does every now and then. Just recently I was going to post on her facebook wall, and saw a message she had sent to him saying "Where are you I need my Michael time." I have asked her about their relationship and she stated that he is her closest friend and they can talk about anything together, that she can tell him anything. He even tells her about sexual positions that she should try and stuff. So they have talked about sex. She said that she is closer to me, but I don't think I even talk to her as much as he does. I am very unsure about how close they are, I know nothing about the guy and I don't know what they talk about except what she tells me, but I am sure there are things they talk about that she doesn't share with me.
    I don't know what to do, I don't want to sound jealous, but I have been feeling very upset about this lately, and it affects my time with her just thinking about it, I've tried to let it go, but I just can't. I am wondering if I am the one in the wrong, and why she needs to talk to this guy so much. She says if he were here she wouldn't need to talk to him so much, because then she could just hang out with him. It makes me wonder what would happen if he really was here. I mean I am really weirded out about the fact that she is so close to this guy.
    It is making me very uneasy!

I have tried talking to her about how it makes me feel, and she says I have nothing to worry about. I have close girlfriends but I don't need to talk to them every other day on the phone and through text every day all day, that would make me feel like I was really doing something wrong by her. I wouldn't do anything to make her wonder or feel uncomfortable about the way I feel about her. I don't know what to do, I just keep trying to be okay with all of this, but for some reason I just can't.

I am busy too I have a full life and am a very happy person, but this is really bothering me.

Advice of any kind will help.

THank you alll

I would say be indifference to the conversation that they are having. Some girl just have close male friends but they will alway be in the friend zone. Is she pretty looking? Pretty woman alway have suitors around them even if they are attached.

[URL="http://bit.ly/makingup3"]Free Video on making up.[/URL]

[URL="http://bit.ly/relation3hip"]Free video on how to get back your ex.[/URL]

Well I guess if she's pretty she will always have guys want to talk to her, I always had guys tried to talk to me while I was with my ex and I tried my best to not talk to them, but I had 1 close friend that gave me so many advice on my relationship, and I always stop at the friendly conversation about me with my ex, even now we break up and my friend suggested a relationship at least, but I'm not sure that I want that with him. See, sometimes it's just a friends thing from the girls side, but she needs to respect your hopes, I would stopped talking to my friend if my x was uncomfortable!

Start to distance yourself from her. Stop initiating contact as much and start doing your own thing more. If she asks you why the change, tell her that you are anxious to become more serious, but the amount of contact she has with him is unnerving and is making you apprehensive to push the relationship further.

She is pretty yes. I have a lot of girlfriends, but as soon as things started getting serious, I made sure to always treat her like she was number one. She doesn't do the same for me when it comes to this guy sometimes.

Frankly, "I need my Michael time" isn't something you say to a close friend, it's something you say to a romantic interest. My wife and I say it to each other all the time. I do not say it to any of my female friends. Ever.

I think BackUpOrGetSt's suggestion is a good one, but backwards. Don't be passive aggressive about it, tell her up front what you're doing.