+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should i text her again?

Should i text her again?

some of u guys have probly seen the other posts about this girl i met. i will give u the run down again. im in college and i met this girl last weekend at a party. we texted back and forth the next day for about 6 hours. the day after that, she came over and helped me with my homework, and she also stayed the night. nothing happened though, i heard she is a virgin. anyway, that was on monday. i texted her again on wednesday and we talked for a little bit, talking about how our day was etc. thursday i sent her a text telling her i was thinking about her and we talked for a little bit again. friday, i sent her a text saying to send me her number over facebook because i was getting a new phone and they are not able to transfer numbers. in the text i made a joke saying, unless u dont want me to have ur number... lol. she never texted me back that day, so yesterday (saturday) i texted her asking if she ever got my text and she said she was sick in bed and she was sorry she didnt respond. so i said oh im sorry u alright? she told me she felt like crap and i asked if she wanted/needed anything. she said no, and that she was alright, i sent her a cute text saying to the extent that i would bring her soup. she said she was fine. after that, i told her my friends and i were going up to the basketball game of our college and she was welcome to come. i included saying that i know she was sick but i figured id ask, she said no thanks. so today, should i text her back and see how she is feeling? should i just kinda give her some space? am i being too aggressive? what should i do? btw im planning on taking her out this week. i made another thread about this, if u would like to help me with this issue also. Thanks in advance guys!

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/love-advice-forum/49661-what-do-college-date.html[/url]

Count the should text her threads many many pick up the phone and call her
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

You are overbearing, clingy, and way toooo attached to this girl.
    WOMEN HATE THAT!!!! As far as I can see:

You two are friends, and she doesn't like you as anything more than a friend.
    Being sick doesn't stop anyone from replying IF they like someone.
    She blew you off. Leave her alone, you sound like a nag.

If she is better and wants to talk to you: can she not make up her own mind?
    Does she have to be reminded of you constantly texting the living crap out of her?

If I were her I'd "Head for Thee hillz"
    People who like people meet up in person, not via texts.

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    You are overbearing, clingy, and way toooo attached to this girl.
    WOMEN HATE THAT!!!! As far as I can see:

You two are friends, and she doesn't like you as anything more than a friend.
    Being sick doesn't stop anyone from replying IF they like someone.
    She blew you off. Leave her alone, you sound like a nag.

If she is better and wants to talk to you: can she not make up her own mind?
    Does she have to be reminded of you constantly texting the living crap out of her?

If I were her I'd "Head for Thee hillz"
    People who like people meet up in person, not via texts.
    Wtf. U don't think that was a little harsh? I mean we already hungout once, she told ME she wanted to come over. And we have not hung out since because we both work and she was sick. The one point I do agree with u on is that she definitely coulda texted me the day she was sick

Quote Originally Posted by nukl92 View Post
    Wtf. U don't think that was a little harsh? I mean we already hungout once, she told ME she wanted to come over. And we have not hung out since because we both work and she was sick. The one point I do agree with u on is that she definitely coulda texted me the day she was sick
    Would you like the truth, or a sugar coated lie?
    Based on your posts the fist sentence holds true...Why you ask?
    I've been just as needy, and have dated people that just couldn't make a decision as to what to do, so they overstepped/overstated their intentions when there was no need.
    They constantly texted me to see if I needed anything, thought about me concerning an activity...But dude: she is SICK! Leave her be so she can rest and get better.

If she really wanted to talk to you: don't you think she would have texted or even called you???
    All you had to do is to (ONCE) tell her: hey sweetie, I know you're not feeling well so I hope you get better, and if you need anything I'm here for you!" The end.
    In this way it comes off as being thoughtful...Your way comes off as being needy, see the difference?

It also stands to reason that if you are hyper/overly sensitive: women hate this in men as well...They don't want their men
    to be or feel more insecure than they do, they don't like the competition.
    Last edited by SelflessnHumble; 24-01-11 at 07:17 AM.

Would you like the truth, or a sugar coated lie?
    Based on your posts the fist sentence holds true...Why you ask?
    I've been just as needy, and have dated people that just couldn't make a decision as to what to do, so they overstepped/overstated their intentions when there was no need.
    They constantly texted me to see if I needed anything, thought about me concerning an activity...But dude: she is SICK! Leave her be so she can rest and get better.

If she really wanted to talk to you: don't you think she would have texted or even called you???
    All you had to do is to (ONCE) tell her: hey sweetie, I know you're not feeling well so I hope you get better, and if you need anything I'm here for you!" The end.
    In this way it comes off as being thoughtful...Your way comes off as being needy, see the difference?

It also stands to reason that if you are hyper/overly sensitive: women hate this in men as well...They don't want their men
    to be or feel more insecure than they do, they don't like the competition.
    i appreciate ur help. i dont want it sugar coated but i just dont think i did anything too bad. it was some harmless texts. anyway, we are supposed to go out this week, but based off what u said, i am now afraid to text her lol. im figuring i should wait 2 days again until i text her, and see when she is available to go out. good idea? please dont just say its over, i dont think all girls feel the same way as u. im not saying ur wrong, im just saying that maybe she didnt mid the texts

FNM is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    As the other guy said, the constant texting is making you look way too needy - I understand you want to show her that you care about her, that's all well and good when you're in a solid relationship, but when you've known a person for only a few days, you can't keep pestering them like that - It gives them far too much value and makes you a lot less attractive.

Don't text her for a few days.
    She might text you in the next couple of days and there is your chance to reestablish the original attraction she had to you; still be yourself, just try not to be too needy or clingy. Ask her out after a couple of texts.
    There's also a good chance she won't text you, if she hasn't for around 5 days, text her seeing if she's "all better". See how she responds, send a few texts back and forth then ask her to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by FNM View Post
    As the other guy said, the constant texting is making you look way too needy - I understand you want to show her that you care about her, that's all well and good when you're in a solid relationship, but when you've known a person for only a few days, you can't keep pestering them like that - It gives them far too much value and makes you a lot less attractive.

Don't text her for a few days.
    She might text you in the next couple of days and there is your chance to reestablish the original attraction she had to you; still be yourself, just try not to be too needy or clingy. Ask her out after a couple of texts.
    There's also a good chance she won't text you, if she hasn't for around 5 days, text her seeing if she's "all better". See how she responds, send a few texts back and forth then ask her to do something.
    aight thanks. only thing is. when i walked her home last tuesday morning, i told her i wanna take her out sometime next week. which is this week.

i appreciate ur help. i dont want it sugar coated but i just dont think i did anything too bad. it was some harmless texts. anyway, we are supposed to go out this week, but based off what u said, i am now afraid to text her lol. im figuring i should wait 2 days again until i text her, and see when she is available to go out. good idea? please dont just say its over, i dont think all girls feel the same way as u. im not saying ur wrong, im just saying that maybe she didnt mid the texts

I just have to know dude...
    WHY is it that you cannot see her, that you have to text her instead?

Truth be told: IF she was really into you (which I doubt) she would be wanting you to text her,
    and SHE would be blowing up your phone...How do you know you are supposed to go out this week?

STOP the damn texting bro!
    See her in person. Are you shy or something?
    Are you two so busy that texting is the only option?

I never said it was over, in fact I don't even see ANYTHING that constitutes a relationship to begin with...
    I said your behavior looks needy and women hate this crap. A thoughtful thing to do would have
    been to get her some flowers, her favorite sweet and write her a simple get well, I'm thinking of you card...

Truth be told: IF she was really into you (which I doubt) she would be wanting you to text her,
    and SHE would be blowing up your phone...How do you know you are supposed to go out this week?

I never said it was over, in fact I don't even see ANYTHING that constitutes a relationship to begin with...
    I said your behavior looks needy and women hate this crap. A thoughtful thing to do would have
    been to get her some flowers, her favorite sweet and write her a simple get well, I'm thinking of you card...
    ok. so do i text her tomorrow? or wait a few more days like the other guy said? should i see when she wants to go out? or simply just ask her if she wants to go get a bite to eat at a campus restaurant? or see if she wants to do homework again? or do i text her and tell her i wanna take her out on a real date? other than just like lunch at a campus restaurant

ok. so do i text her tomorrow? or wait a few more days like the other guy said? should i see when she wants to go out? or simply just ask her if she wants to go get a bite to eat at a campus restaurant? or see if she wants to do homework again? or do i text her and tell her i wanna take her out on a real date? other than just like lunch at a campus restaurant

I Keeel U!!!!!!!
    Talk to her in person dude. FACE II FACE.

Why do you keep avoiding this?

FNM is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

I don't strictly agree with you here. I wouldn't totally neglect texting, it can be a useful tool. Although the ultimate goal is to spend physical time with her, that isn't always immediately possible, so texting is one way to appoint a date or something of the sort. Having said that, it's always better to call her than it is to text, obviously.

I do agree that she would want him to text her, but a girl that doesn't text/call first isn't strictly not interested - lots of girls are shy with this and also want the validation of the guy initiating contact.

I wouldn't go with the flowers/card/sweet thing either - he's not at all romantically involved with her at this stage and it would make a statement that is too intense - a simple get well soon card or text would be a proportional thing to do at this stage of their 'relationship'.

I Keeel U!!!!!!!
    LOL

But yea... ease off the texting. If you're not likely to bump into her, I'd follow FNM's first post.

Thank u FNM. So my question now is, when the he'll do I text her next? Tonight? To see if she wants to go get lunch on campus tomorrow? Or do I really need to wait a few days? Btw I know her roommate. I actually met her rommate a night before at the same place. Should I ask her friend about here? Like how interested she is? Or what she would like for a date? Should I use this as a tool or is it not a good idea at all? And btw her roommate, the one I met the night before, we danced for a pretty long time and she actually kissed me. But i guess she is the frat whore and she was cool with me talking to her friend

Quote Originally Posted by FNM View Post
    I don't strictly agree with you here. I wouldn't totally neglect texting, it can be a useful tool. Although the ultimate goal is to spend physical time with her, that isn't always immediately possible, so texting is one way to appoint a date or something of the sort. Having said that, it's always better to call her than it is to text, obviously.

I do agree that she would want him to text her, but a girl that doesn't text/call first isn't strictly not interested - lots of girls are shy with this and also want the validation of the guy initiating contact.

I wouldn't go with the flowers/card/sweet thing either - he's not at all romantically involved with her at this stage and it would make a statement that is too intense - a simple get well soon card or text would be a proportional thing to do at this stage of their 'relationship'.
    He's all yours.
    This whole scenario makes zero sense at all.

When he initiated contact she avoided him.
    He asked if she needed anything because she felt like crap; her response? I'm alright!!!??? Oh Kay!

The communication between the two of them lacks big time, texting or no texting it doesn't matter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast