+ Follow This Topic

Thread: In need of General advice: How do you talk to girls?

In need of General advice: How do you talk to girls?

I kinda feel ashamed to be asking this- even over the internet, but I admit I do need some help with it. I've probably developed on a social aspect at a ridiculously slow pace because I've been sick all the way up until right before I turned 16 (I'm turning 17 on Friday), but there's one thing that's been bothering me: I can't talk to girls. Introduce myself, actually. Many girls find me attractive. I know it. I see countless girls checking me out and many of the ones I don't like even try to get me to be their boyfriend. Problem is... when I see a girl I find attractive... introducing myself to her just seems... impossible. People tell me to just "Go talk to her" and the like all the time, but... what do I say? How do I go about it? I'm not good at starting conversations. In my mind I always imagine them looking at me funny when I approach them. When I get that brief moment where I see them alone I never work up the nerve in time.

Does anyone have any help for me? Any tips? Suggestions on how I can fix this about myself?

You should work on your self confidence. ))
    I <3 <3 <3 yoooooooooooooooooou

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Girls will be more forgiving of your lack of talking if you are attractive, and many girls like to do the talking, anyway, so the thing you need to do is to just get them talking. At 17, you have a lot of common ground with girls your age that you can discuss: school, college plans, music, how you spend your school breaks, jobs, hobbies, etc. Really, just try talking to them like you would anyone else. You might want to try to practice on girls you find less intimidating for a while... I don't suggest you approach the most popular girl in school initially, because ALL the boys are doing that, and it may shake your confidence.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I'm sorry to say that I don't know how you can fix your problem, but you have my sympathies. I think I know how you feel as I have a very much similar problem.

Try to think more positively. At least girls find you attractive so it would be irrational to be afraid of rejection (which is one reason why shy people can't start conversations with those who they are attracted to).