He explains in email three weeks after breaking up with me (again) that what he said during break up was all a reflection of his own self loathing, projected onto me into the mirror (me).

Thing is he never talked to me about things he is bringing up now and I think he is fishing for me to reply.

After stating alot of heart and exclaiming there is a hole where I was and was there for me, he tells me his kids are very mad at him and he cant even talk about me w/o his 7 year old daughter crying.

He says he keeps trying to come up with reasons, and obsessing, as to why we got back into a rut ( mind you it was only a three month stint we had been back together and most of that time he was fine/happy.

He cant figure it out except that we werent meant to be with eachother and grow ( as we had intended) but really I feel he just couldnt communicate and makes assumptions w/o talking to me.

When i didnt answer the email after 48 hours he emails me to tell me to ignore the previous email and that it was too soon and indulgent.

I am thinking it is just because I didnt email him back. He had gone on in the first email about how I would probably not read it and just delete it and he didnt expect forgiveness.

I love him and it would be something great if we could be together, and I miss and love the kids dearly. Im out to protect myself from his odd behavior of love/apathy cycles but we will see eachother at certain events in the future and Im at the moment not sure what to do, communicate with him or not.

Any advice? And I think he might be hpyo manic or some such but thats just based off of hours of reasearch I have done, personal accounts and professional accounts.