+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do you react in this situation?

How do you react in this situation?

My best friends told me that I can be very black and white, and impulsive with my decisions sometimes. I think this situation confirms that but I wonder if my reaction was over the top or not.

3 months ago college started. I was in a new group but I knew 1 of 23 students. We're not close friends, but I have known him for 2 years and I thought we could get along quite well. He seemed honest at times and told me that his family was poor because his parents had a long and exhausting divorce battle.

I felt for him, and I drove him to college because he had to pay for his own gas and it was tough for him. I texted him regularly if there was a difficulty with the schedule, or to make sure where we'd meet etc.

I once texted him at 9am. 2 minutes later I got a text " Omg Tom help! College has only started 10 days ago and Jesus already drives me crazy!! "

So he texted this to me by mistake. He had never told me that anything about me bothered him. On the contrary, he let me drive him around. I took very serious offence. I texted back " oke dude. Good luck with your education. Look for a new driver and have a nice life "

I removed him from facebook and msn immediately. Then he replied " lol man I wasn't being serious but my apology if you don't find it funny "

I didn't reply. Never spoke to him again. I ran into him in college at times, just said hi and nothing else.

Am I overreacting?

It sounds like maybe you've texted him a bit too regularly and made him feel smothered
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~