+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Flirting through Facebook or email, how?

Flirting through Facebook or email, how?

Hello, everybody.

I am a 29-year-old male who just move to another city for my further study, and trying to approach some girls in where I am.
    It' usually not so difficult to estabilsh an enjoyable conversation, however, when the conversation comes to the end and I ask if they would like to meet up some other time, what I got is either their Facebook page (FB) or their email address instead of their phone number or setting a certain time piont for a date.

Some accepted my freind request from FB, but I don't know what to do next since all my FB freinds were those I've known for years and far away instead of those having 15 min conversation and living in the same city.
    Same as the email, since I only use it for formal communication or keeping contact with old friends, I have no idea how to flirt or ask a date by email.

Therefore, here I am. I would like to know what would be an appropriate approach to flirt or asking for a date through these internet based measures, thanks in advances.

How old are these females you are talking too?

Only I'd imagine the younger female would be more likely to pass on an FB page, while a mature female would be more inclined to pass on her number.

And if you don't get a number, but an FB page, they are avoiding a more personal means of contact with you IMO...which kinda says to me, 'not that interested'.

We're in the 21st century and technology is advanced, but its not that advanced. When a female wants you to contact her, they will almost always give a phone number. Facebook is just an easy way to reject someone without having to do it to their face.
    Love and Inspiration - www.loveninspiration.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Love-and-Inspiration/182247438490558

I tend to believe they're right and these girls are not that interested. But - while you talk to them, do you exchange pics? Do they know exactly who you are? Probably I'd ask for someone's FB too, to check how he looks like, if he's real and what kind of person he seems to be. Because you have their FB pages, you can try sending them private messages and see how interested they actually are.

First of all, thank you all for your input.

On the other hand, I did thnk of giving the internet based contact would be just a mean of easy rejection....I hate it when my assumption is right in this case.
    However, I haven't considered the difference in the age of the girls I appraoched.
    As xxazurexx asuumed, the girls who gave me their FB are about 20-25 (students in university or just started working), slightly younger than those who would given me their email or phone number.
    Is the difference of the age of the people make the differet of contact measure, or "giving FB/email= not interested" is an universal rule no matter the age?

Wow!!!! facebook really

?
    I don't follow you.

Quote Originally Posted by 6709RJ View Post
    Hello, everybody.

I am a 29-year-old male who just move to another city for my further study, and trying to approach some girls in where I am.
    It' usually not so difficult to estabilsh an enjoyable conversation, however, when the conversation comes to the end and I ask if they would like to meet up some other time, what I got is either their Facebook page (FB) or their email address instead of their phone number or setting a certain time piont for a date.

Some accepted my freind request from FB, but I don't know what to do next since all my FB freinds were those I've known for years and far away instead of those having 15 min conversation and living in the same city.
    Same as the email, since I only use it for formal communication or keeping contact with old friends, I have no idea how to flirt or ask a date by email.

Therefore, here I am. I would like to know what would be an appropriate approach to flirt or asking for a date through these internet based measures, thanks in advances.
    If you actually have things in common...attack those avenues.
    Same groups, TV shows, find out about them...

Then post on their wall and get involved into their conversations.
    Be *there* and be funny, genuine and fun...

Quote Originally Posted by lovenInsp View Post
    We're in the 21st century and technology is advanced, but its not that advanced. When a female wants you to contact her, they will almost always give a phone number. Facebook is just an easy way to reject someone without having to do it to their face.
    No, actually giving a wrong number is an easy way to reject someone. Giving you her Facebook page says to me that she's interested enough to offer you a low-pressure way to get to know her.

So start up some casual conversation, inject some humor, keep it light and fun. Go from there.

Email is harder because it's neutral to the other party. They won't be able to pick up on coyness or anything. I suggest you call. If you can't do that, then make sure to use the emoticons of hugging and blowing kisses and that should get the point across.

Quote Originally Posted by SimplySam View Post
    Email is harder because it's neutral to the other party. They won't be able to pick up on coyness or anything. I suggest you call. If you can't do that, then make sure to use the emoticons of hugging and blowing kisses and that should get the point across.
    He cannot call if he doesn't get the digits Sam!
    Besides, face to face meets are the only way to actually meet people.
    I've never heard in all my life someone giving you their facebook page?

I mean talk about yet another superficial barrier to use against someone they aren't truly interested in!

sadie_genie Guest
    If I just met someone, I don't give them my number. I would like to have a feel of who they are first before I do that (via the internet). On facebook, you can kind of get a sense of who that person is, what kinds of friends/network they are involved with, etc. It is not rejection. Just send her a message and set up a date. If she agrees then ask her for her number for the date.