+ Follow This Topic

Thread: am i wasting my time with him?

am i wasting my time with him?

i think i like a friend of mine, but i don't think he's showing any signs of interest in me romantically. I'm always the one who starts conversations on facebook. We see each other at the gym sometimes and talk when we pass each other, but i get the feeling that he doesn't like me as more than friends. We had a class together last quarter, but not this quarter, so i don't see him often. I've been trying to get over him because of how we're interacting. Should i give up on pursuing a romantic relationship with him? I like that we're friends, but sometimes i wish that we can pass that. Or what should i do to get him to want to be more than friends? i'm very shy when it comes to guys, like really shy. I would like to get to know him better, even if we dont become a couple, but i'm too shy to do anything about it. Maybe i should give up on getting to know him, since he doesn't look like he's making an effort to get to know me. I'm not an instigator; i really want him to be interested in getting to know me better. Any tips/advice?
    P.S: I found out that he's only shy with girls he likes. I can't tell whether he's being shy with me or that he's not interested in me.
    Please Help.

Does he talk much to you once you have initiated the conversations on FB, or do you have to carry that as well? It is easier for a shy guy to talk to a girl over the internet, so if he is not doing that, maybe he's just not interested. I would allow him some space to pursue, be online on FB but don't contact him and see if he does. That's good sign.
    'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. Alfred Lord Tennyson