+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any advice on hair?

Any advice on hair?

Basically, I'm not really sure what to do with it at the minute. I tend to like it when I've just had it cut short, it gives me a nice confidence boost which I feel I need. Last year I grew it out a bit and it went kinda curly but I quite liked it that way too. I guess it looked a bit of a mess as I didn't have it cut for around 5 months, but since I'm at uni I reckon now's just about the only time I'll be able to do that sort of thing. Having said that, I'd like to get a girlfriend, so if longer hair isn't such a good thing I suppose I wouldn't mind giving up on it. Any thoughts?

Do girls pay more attention when you have short hair, or longer hair?

Whichever one you feel does, stick with that

I don't have a preference for hair length. So long as it isn't long...as in Ozzy Osbourne long.

If I grew my hair that long I think I'd end up looking like the spaghetti monster :p

I've done ok with both lengths of hair, but only on nights out when I was pretty drunk. Frankly I'm not too sure when/if I get attention from girls since I mainly just see them in seminars. It's hard to tell when someone is looking at you because they like you and when they're just looking at you. My friends are basically all guys, and it's not the kind of thing I can ask them. So I'm left with what my mum says and you lot ^^. Alright if I whacked a few pictures up for opinions?

Also not too sure on facial hair. Had a moustache for most of yesterday which was amusing, but not one for public.

Opinions vary on facial hair. I'm not into full moustaches or full beards, ...stubble is fine tho

You know what. Wear your hair and how you feel comfortable wearing it. Feeling good is an attractor in itself.

Don't give up having long hair for a girlfriend. I've had long hair for years and it never stopped me from having the girls I wanted.

As long as you keep your hair neat and clean, and wear it proudly.. it doesn't matter. When you feel good with your hair, you also look good.

-biancanics-

sadie_genie Guest
    Short hair. Most guys look better with short hair.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    Opinions vary on facial hair. I'm not into full moustaches or full beards, ...stubble is fine tho

You know what. Wear your hair and how you feel comfortable wearing it. Feeling good is an attractor in itself.
    Yep, and I grew a beard because the wife likes whiskers. It all depends.

Thanks everyone Some good advice there. Also some conflicting advice :p

I think I'll put it up to a vote just to help swing me in a certain direction.

[url=http://img403.imageshack.us/i/shortc.jpg/]ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting[/url] Short + shaved (rained on the way back from haircut)
    [url=http://img651.imageshack.us/i/redtf.jpg/]ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting[/url] Longer and a bit scraggly (only one I could find of this length sry)
    Or [url=http://img651.imageshack.us/i/mediumha.jpg/]ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting[/url] Somewhere inbetween

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Basically, I'm not really sure what to do with it at the minute. I tend to like it when I've just had it cut short, it gives me a nice confidence boost which I feel I need. Last year I grew it out a bit and it went kinda curly but I quite liked it that way too. I guess it looked a bit of a mess as I didn't have it cut for around 5 months, but since I'm at uni I reckon now's just about the only time I'll be able to do that sort of thing. Having said that, I'd like to get a girlfriend, so if longer hair isn't such a good thing I suppose I wouldn't mind giving up on it. Any thoughts?
    Without a pic it's hard to gauge what type of hair do looks good on your head.
    Women love a shaved head, but if it looks like a raisin, I'd opt for a difference style.
    Women also love long hair, not oily, and gelled hair, but natural.
    Women also love short hair (a fade on the sides)

It all depends on you and whatever you feel comfortable with.
    Too much facial hair is usually a turn off: women love smooth features, not coarse.
    Some love the stubb, but NO neckbeards!

After seeing all pics, they all work.
    If you went even shorter you'd look like my Marine brother!
    Seriously your hair style might catch the eye of different types of women who look for hair based on their own perceptions.

I think either the short or the long, the in-between looked a bit odd. The long worked well with the chin-fuzz IMO.

Of course, I'm a hetero male and every time I've got it down as to what is and isn't good looking on other men, I'm wrong.

you're cute! I like the 1st and 2nd pictures! oh and the drawn in t-shirt is nice too

sadie_genie Guest
    I like the first and second picture. The shorter hair shows off your features more but the second one (with the longer hair) looks more rugged.

Thanks

I think I might let it grow longer again but actually get it cut to neaten it up at some point. Last time I went 20 weeks without a cut and gave up on any form of styling about half way through. Might as well enjoy longer hair while I can, want to look tidy in a suit when I start work after the summer. Then I can go for SnH's even shorter version! Actually been wanting to try that for a while.
    Last edited by Mongoose; 05-03-11 at 07:43 AM.

Hahaha, nice shirt in the second pic.
    Scraggly looks fine.

I keep my hair at about 15-18 inches.

One of my inspirations:

Last edited by doppelgaenger; 27-01-11 at 10:04 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast