+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do you manage when you know/feel that your love is in vain but still can't stop?

How do you manage when you know/feel that your love is in vain but still can't stop?

Hi to all...
    I am new to the forum here and I am not very good in this neither am I communicative. I would like to ask a question someone very experienced in online dating or such stuff... I hope I reallyfind someone to talk to if that is possible at all... So, the question is: How do you manage when you know/feel that your love is in vain but you still can't stop love that person? When I say "in vain" I mean that I know him only on the Internet and that we have never met in person, that I wanted to meet him and he felt the same, but that didn't happen anyway. But these are just few raw lines of the whole story. It is quite possible that such things happen to me only and I am probably the world's most stupid person. Also, I am quite old for this childish stuff, but I still can't get over it - it is really love and I have all the symptoms plus additional. Oh, and something more: Don't think that I have used any of those online dating services - I would never do that! The person I am talking about was virtually met in a completely special way, and yes, what I feel is really love! I never wanted it to be love, but it happened to be, what can I do?! You know what, I came here to give it a try and stop this, and I only realize that it's not going to happen... And I don't believe in the existance of other such cases... Sorry guys, I am totally outthere. I wish luck in love to everyone who wants it.

P.S.: If you also think that love sucks PM me.

Love doesn't suck unless you put yourself in these compromising situations. You do take your chances of being deceived and taken advantage of when meeting people on line. Now, you are not being foolish for falling in love on the net....millions do it everyday, and have LDR"s that can last for years but a lot doesn't work out. If you wish to meet someone, use a local paid dating service. They interview and screen everyone that joins, so only people who are seriously looking to meet someone are signed up. Some dating services even provide dating courses, and even set up events for people to meet in person.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Love doesn't suck unless you put yourself in these compromising situations. You do take your chances of being deceived and taken advantage of when meeting people on line. Now, you are not being foolish for falling in love on the net....millions do it everyday, and have LDR"s that can last for years but a lot doesn't work out. If you wish to meet someone, use a local paid dating service. They interview and screen everyone that joins, so only people who are seriously looking to meet someone are signed up. Some dating services even provide dating courses, and even set up events for people to meet in person.
    haha!
    you are very wrong - there isn't even a slightest chance to hate you, don't worry! sorry, but... you are no one to me. i don't want to meet someone. thats why i don't use the dating services you are talking about. i want to meet him. you understand? but since you still talk about meeting someone, you obviously don't know what true love feels like. you just search no more.