+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I tell her?

Should I tell her?

So I've been seeing this girl for almost 2 years now and she's the perfect person (so I think). Anyway, we went to the same schools since fifth grade and I was crazy for her at first sight. My first thought was "Come on. You know nothing about love. You're in fifth grade. Why chase her around?" Of course, it's not like I followed her around, memorized her scedule, and stalked her or anything. I just always liked her.

I avoided the awkward, six-day-long middle school relationship with her to have a better one now, whether it was with her or not.

We're both 19 now and we've got no problems. My dilemma starts here: should I tell her how much I've liked her since fifth grade or not? If I do, it could go two ways. There's the "well, that's creepy" and less preferred route. And there's the "wow, that's really nice" and more preferred but less likely route.

Also, if I say nothing, everything stays the way it is.

So, what do I do?

FNM is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    If you think there's a chance she'll be freaked out by it, then I see no real point in risking it and telling her, given that the best response you could get is something like "aww that's cute".

Although, if you've been with her for 2 years, I don't see why you're scared of her being weirded out by something pretty trivial.

why would she freak out? You were a little boy!

Quote Originally Posted by Klim View Post
    So I've been seeing this girl for almost 2 years now and she's the perfect person (so I think). Anyway, we went to the same schools since fifth grade and I was crazy for her at first sight. My first thought was "Come on. You know nothing about love. You're in fifth grade. Why chase her around?" Of course, it's not like I followed her around, memorized her scedule, and stalked her or anything. I just always liked her.

I avoided the awkward, six-day-long middle school relationship with her to have a better one now, whether it was with her or not.

We're both 19 now and we've got no problems. My dilemma starts here: should I tell her how much I've liked her since fifth grade or not? If I do, it could go two ways. There's the "well, that's creepy" and less preferred route. And there's the "wow, that's really nice" and more preferred but less likely route.

Also, if I say nothing, everything stays the way it is.

So, what do I do?
    I don't know... have you told that you love her now? Has she said it to you?

If yes to both, and you've been seeing each other for two years, I'd say go for it.

I told my wife after we were married that I'd fallen in love with her the day I met her. She wasn't disbelieving, but she was a bit incredulous. I talked to her about that day, and described to her in detail what she'd been wearing - bear in mind this was nearly 20 years ago - and she said "You remember what I WORE?!"** I had to tell her that it was an incredible day for me, and I remembered a great deal of detail about it. She had no doubts I meant it then.

**It was a long blue cotton skirt with pockets, a white long-sleeved blouse with ruffled collar and cuffs, and tennis shoes. Converse All-Stars. My honey's unconventional.

I wouldn't view it as 'creepy' and if a guy told me that he'd had the hots for me for a long time. I'd take it as a sign that he really liked me. And signs that a guy may really like me, is what I look for - I've outgrown 'players'....

Ask her out. If it gets serious and fall in love Then you confess that you liked her since 5th grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaius View Post
    why would she freak out? You were a little boy!
    Little *girl.*
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    I don't know... have you told that you love her now? Has she said it to you?
    Yes and yes.

Thanks to everyone for replying, those all helped a lot!