+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tempted to do crazy things

Tempted to do crazy things

Sometimes, when I'm really just sad about how life is, I want to just join the smokers, the drinkers, and do all that stuff.

Does anyone know how to take away this temptation? People keep telling me how it kills the pain, and you can live through it better.

Alcohol and drugs whatever are just a temporary escape from your problems, neither are they a solution to your problems.

I'd personally rather go see a doctor, or a therapist.

It's like a social craze.
    People telling me how they got through their problems getting wasted, smoking.
    I know your right, and I don't want to go to a therapist, i'm young. Dad's gonna think im insane.

Well...I've never a part of 'that' social craze, so I wouldn't know.

I just hear from different people that while booze may take away the pain for a while, it doesn't cure it...naturally.

I think your dad would probably rather you go seek professional help, than see you get wasted every night....don't you?

Cliche topic is cliche.

I also want to do crazy things, but not thinking of the drug, smoke and those stuffs. It's better to be crazy for your dream in life... ask yourself what do you really want...

"i've always been crazy, but its kept me from going insane" - waylon jennings

really though if you were not a drinker and a smoker before, (which i can tell you were not or you wouldnt be posting about it you would be DOING it already) you should not start over this. but if you already were a drinker and smoker then hell yeah continue to do what you do and listen to some good 'real' country music. though i must warn you to avoid the bs they play on the 'country' radio stations at all costs, as it is overproduced, pop, BS!!!
    I got loaded last night on a bottle of gin
    And I had a fight with my redneck girlfriend
    But when I'm drinkin' I am nobody's friend
    Please baby wait for me until they let me out again

Join a club of something you love doing (cosplay, WOW, sewing, gym, yoga, cooking, etc.....) that you will end up being proud of and be able to brag about. It will satisfy your social starvation in a POSITIVE way that also won't jeopardize your standing with your family and work.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Drinking alcohol and smoking marijuana are not crazy

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by qwahchees View Post
    It's like a social craze.
    People telling me how they got through their problems getting wasted, smoking.
    I know your right, and I don't want to go to a therapist, i'm young. Dad's gonna think im insane.
    That's the impression i got, you're young.

Don't get into all that if you don't know what it's like. Word of advice, it can **** your life up WAY more then it is
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    The thing is you might feel like it''s killing the pain but drugs and alcohol are counter productive, it makes you lose motivation for things in life. Unless you are in control of your life which you are not, don't get into it.
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

Doing drugs and alcohol are not crazy stuff. What about dressing up in a way you've never done before? Or doing cartwheels? Or laughing out loud until you got tears. Those are crazy stuff for me?

Numbing the pain doesn't fix a thing. Makes it come back 10x worst the next morning. Do some research on the actual chemical changes that go on in your brain. You're deprived of the natural "happy" neurotransmitters..
    Truth be told, those who turn to drugs and alcohol end up in one of two situations. A) They never change and die unhappy or B) They wake up one day and realize they need to stop, find the root of their unhappiness and fix it from there... giving up all the other crap cause it only stops you from thinking clearly. You'd be surprised what you're capable of doing all on your own.. We're a fascinating species in deed. Best of luck

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm tempted to do crazy stuff all the time. [gasp, yes even 'boring' Indi!]

It means you don't have enough interests. Do you have some? If yes, what are they, if not find some. Productive ones that you enjoy.

How about: a job, a course, an interest class, exercise, build something, sing or play something.

Drugs and alcohol have got to be the most boring options out there. Unless you are growing, synthesizing or brewing your own. Then it can be fun. Otherwise you are just stupidly funding someone elses interest or business.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I'm tempted to do crazy things to Indi.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast