+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tempted to do crazy things

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've had some of the best times of my life on drugs and alcohol, truth be told. It's also been responsible for some very unhappy times. It's just a more extreme way of living.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Quote Originally Posted by qwahchees View Post
    Sometimes, when I'm really just sad about how life is, I want to just join the smokers, the drinkers, and do all that stuff.

Does anyone know how to take away this temptation? People keep telling me how it kills the pain, and you can live through it better.
    I wouldn't use drugs to make pain go away, but you can use psychedelics to gain new perspectives on the pain you're feeling. Just don't get into the habit of popping LSD tabs every weekend. That kind of ruined it for me.

Also, don't go crazy. The list of drugs/psychedelics I've taken is quite long, and I know from experience that sometimes it's easy to let yourself slip. I got myself stuck into a terrible amphetamine addiction a couple times, and those are nasty. Staying up for 3 days at a time certainly doesn't help if you're bipolar.

That being said, you don't need any of it.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You should really only use drugs if you are already feeling good. Using it to MAKE yourself feel good is likely to lead to addiction, depending on the particular drug, of course

I've never met a happy alcoholic or a happy drug addict. I've met some pretty miserable ones though. Those who rely on substances to numb the pain are the ones who get addicted the fastest...and have the most difficulty letting go.

Just find something that will keep you busy.

Like Playing basketball, or try an electronic cigarette, find a job that will keep you doing something.

If your tempted go online and look at cancer patients. People who smoke and drink are way more likely to get cancer later in life and trust me it comes sooner then you think.

Also if you drink heavily before the age of 20-21 your brain literally becomes damaged. You will lose a lot of your basic cognitive skills and attention skills. Please look this up online if you are ever tempted.

Avoid peer pressure, one day you might be visiting their grave.

If you do decide to go through with it. Keep it in moderation. Remember these substances can put more environmental stress on your genetics. If you are prone to certain genetic issues then these habits will not help you.

I do drugs, and drink once in a while, but I don't consider them crazy because I do it a lot differently than most of the people. I do shit every week that the normal party guy is scared of, I have been to places you can't even concider. And I am concidered a good guy. So, you are perfectly fine to do whatever you want without judgement
    Don't expect anything.

Nice, so we are suggesting to somebody that they start doing drugs/drinking.

I used to drink when I was younger, but being drunk never really did much for me other than maybe have fun for a little bit before I started puking. Nowadays I don't drink at all except for an occasional glass of wine. Smoking really does nothing to make you feel better. It only feels like it does because you need the nicotine to replace whatever chemical it is that the brain stops producing when you smoke. I started smoking because I'd be drinking and some of my friends would always ask me to go outside with them when they smoked. Eventually I started bumming one each time and then eventually started buying them myself. Trying to quit smoking is a BITCH, so best not to even start. I've been trying to quit for about 3 months now. And I still need my 1 cigarette per day. Drugs don't solve any of your problems. When you are high, they might feel like they go away, but once you come back down, there they are, right back in your face. So then you have to get high again. And that's where addiction comes into play.

I agree, find a hobby to fill your mind. Like joining a gym. Thinking about something you enjoy will make you stop thinking about the shitty things.

If you want to do something crazy don't bother getting into the substances. I never bothered with them myself, but did do things that got my adrenaline going. I did parkour for quite a while. No doubt you've heard of that one. Try it, it's a lot harder than you think. Start rock climbing. Get yourself into the contact based martial arts like boxing and mma. Work out like there is no tomorrow. Seriously your brain will release endorphins and you will be loving life for a while afterward.

Try some of these things before getting yourself into substances. What's there to lose?

Quote Originally Posted by martial_wolf View Post
    If you want to do something crazy don't bother getting into the substances. I never bothered with them myself, but did do things that got my adrenaline going.
    If you haven't bothered with drugs, how can you say it isn't worth a bother? Or are you saying its dangerous and illegal? Well, if you are adrenaline junky, that should be a plus, no?

Some drugs could get you down some nasty path, some can kill, etc etc. You could get paralized while doing parkour, get killed while riding downhill with a bike. Sometimes I have a feeling that people are scared of their own minds. Adrenaline is there to put the scare behind. But drugs intensify the random shit your mind generates every microsecond. You get to know yourself, with dangerous substances like Iboga, and harmless, but mostly scary (because its sudden and can't control it, easy to freak out) Salvia Divinorum give you that.

Although I completely agree with the workout and endorphine suggestions, it isn't crazy.
    Last edited by boobaa; 04-09-11 at 08:18 PM.
    Don't expect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    If you haven't bothered with drugs, how can you say it isn't worth a bother? Or are you saying its dangerous and illegal? Well, if you are adrenaline junky, that should be a plus, no?
    Ooo I know! because they f**k with our serotonin, dopamine and cholinergic systems and create unhealthy neuropathways? No? I guess knowing what the drug is actually doing to your body is super uncool

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i just say f*ck it, and i give in... why bother fighting it if it will always be there?

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodtippedrose View Post
    Ooo I know! because they f**k with our serotonin, dopamine and cholinergic systems and create unhealthy neuropathways? No? I guess knowing what the drug is actually doing to your body is super uncool
    .. the goodness of the knowledge comes from knowing not to take ecstasy while on MAOIs, etc...

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    E isn't all that bad...like anything else, a little experimentation doesn't hurt anyone.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast