+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I making a too big deal?

Am I making a too big deal?

Me and this guy are dating casually for month not more ) But before we began dating he told that he would like to make it more serious in future.
    We meet on weekends, other days we just can't manage we both work and study. He's sending me this sweet texts, that he misses me and .... calls me darling <3...

So yesterday at12:30 a.m. I texted him and his phone was off... and at 3a.m. he replied some illogical reply...
    It felt little bit annoying.... Where was he? oO
    Or maybe it's just nthn and I'm making a very big deal of it???? and should I ask him where he was?
    I <3 <3 <3 yoooooooooooooooooou

ahhh...why dont you start w/ are we exclusive? bc what you really eant to know is if he was w/ someone else. if he say you are, then ask him where he was?

OK )) Thanks ... It's just when it comes to me I'm getting very much confused :|

Why are you texting him at 3:00am? Most people are asleep at that time. Unless that's usually when you talk to each other? Still, I'm awake at odd hours and I'd be pretty annoyed if someone called to chat at 3am. I'd be even more annoyed if someone got on my case about it the next day.

Don't get all psycho and start accusing him of things he may not have done, or putting him on the spot. Anyway you already had the discussion, and agreed to casually date. That means you are free to date others. If you now don't like that status you need to tell him, and when he AGAIN says 'darling, you know i want a serious relationship in the future' you need to take a good long look at yourself. Obviously you can't handle the idea of him dating other girls because you have already decided that you like him and want to be exclusive, and if he was really liking you he wouldn't be dating other girls. Personally i think this relationship has run its course. Bwho knows maybe he will pleasantly surprise you.

I hope I don't come across as being mean or anything but you are reading too much into things.....
    - 'he wanted a serious relationship in the future' Who knows what it meant. It is a very ambiguous phrase. My money is on he meant it just generally - someday he would like it, just not right now and not with you. Maybe he has changed his mind in the last couple of weeks, but i doubt it.
    - He calls you darling. My sisters husband is from the south and everyone is darling down there. I use to waitress i would often be called that by guys trying to schmooze up to me - guys in sales in particular
    - He texts little sweet things like he misses you. He took 45seconds to do that. He needs to make an hour long phone call or a proper date. That is sweet.
    - He didnt text me back for two hours. Even if this was more than casual, he isnt at your beckoned call. But here you are right. Chances are he was out drinking and socializing and didnt want to be bothered. But you are casual so it is allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by MerryH View Post
    Why are you texting him at 3:00am? Most people are asleep at that time. Unless that's usually when you talk to each other? Still, I'm awake at odd hours and I'd be pretty annoyed if someone called to chat at 3am. I'd be even more annoyed if someone got on my case about it the next day.
    Actually it was him who replied me at 3 a.m.
    I texted him at 12 ))

Quote Originally Posted by reeba View Post
    I hope I don't come across as being mean or anything but you are reading too much into things.....
    - 'he wanted a serious relationship in the future' Who knows what it meant. It is a very ambiguous phrase. My money is on he meant it just generally - someday he would like it, just not right now and not with you. Maybe he has changed his mind in the last couple of weeks, but i doubt it.
    - He calls you darling. My sisters husband is from the south and everyone is darling down there. I use to waitress i would often be called that by guys trying to schmooze up to me - guys in sales in particular
    - He texts little sweet things like he misses you. He took 45seconds to do that. He needs to make an hour long phone call or a proper date. That is sweet.
    - He didnt text me back for two hours. Even if this was more than casual, he isnt at your beckoned call. But here you are right. Chances are he was out drinking and socializing and didnt want to be bothered. But you are casual so it is allowed.
    ok regarding all these )))
    - He always talks about our future together. I'll cook this for you. You will meet my parents and etc....
    - about darling you are right
    - We have this sweet dates - We go walking or cinema or drink coffee somewhere ....
    -You are again right )))

Quote Originally Posted by <3<3<3 View Post
    )))
    Are you Russian?

Nope ))) But I speak Russian ...

Nope ))) But I speak Russian ...
    Belarusian? ))

Damn, if some chick I was casually dating freaked out and accused me of cheating because I didn't answer my phone at 3AM, I'd be out the door faster than you can say "banana on the beefsteak".

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_Dreams View Post
    Damn, if some chick I was casually dating freaked out and accused me of cheating because I didn't answer my phone at 3AM, I'd be out the door faster than you can say "banana on the beefsteak".
    And who in their right mind wouldn't?
    Didn't she say that she texted him 12:30 and not 3:00, though? Not that it makes any difference.

@<3<3<3
    You are acting very paranoid. If you really must know, you can ask him casually what he was doing. It would be better for you to not ask though. You need to learn not to get distressed over trivial things. If you can't, at least you know that you aren't ready for a relationship.

Without a committed relationship: you have ZERO business asking him where he was, what he was doing even though
    your gut tells you different. Should you feel MORE than just a "casual dating" relationship you need to make it known, I mean how is he to know?

Men aren't the psychics women make them out to be!
    If both of you are too busy: exactly what kind of exclusive relationship would you want with someone you don't see too often?
    Not everyone can handle this kind of distance: I mean heck it's been only what ONE night and you are already flying off the handle with irrational/emotional thoughts as to where he was!

ok regarding all these )))
    - He always talks about our future together. I'll cook this for you. You will meet my parents and etc....
    - about darling you are right
    - We have this sweet dates - We go walking or cinema or drink coffee somewhere ....
    -You are again right )))

Have you heard of copy and paste? Yeah.
    *Talking* about a future with you means nothing...His actions do.

The both of you don't even know each other.
    People = change.