+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Being sweet?

Being sweet?

hello everyone im new here : ) and i live in Dubai.

i don't know why girls don't like guys who are too sweet with them... i was dating this girl but it's over now..

and im starting to doubt that she'll ever come back.. she left because i was nice.. im not joking.. and i wasn't OVER nice..

no i was just nice and understanding! ... what the hell and this isn't the first time... this is the 4th! ...

i tried to study the thing.. and went out with a girl .. and i wasn't myself .. i started acting all mean..

and being dirty..* like talk dirty * and stuff .. and she just loved it!.. what the hell happened to sense?

i mean im starting to get worried.. :S all the girls aren't making sense at all... and i bet when they grow up around 30

or something they'll be like * oh i wish i was with that guy.. he was really sweet, look at me now *

Or that's just the excuse they used to say you were boring. No offense.

You should really ignore 90% of what a woman says and focus more on her actions.

For instance, if you pay attention to a woman who says ("Oh I want a nice boyfriend who understands me and talks to me and is considerate and responds to my feelings!") and what she does (Dates the jerk who's gonna use her for sex or cheat on her), you can probably deduce that she is lost, confused, doesn't understand herself, and can be easily taken to bed if you act like a jerk towards her.

Of course, none of these women are relationship material. Quality qirlfriends are hard to find, unfortunately.

You could knock me over with a feather. I actually agree with Emerald Dreams here!

Flattery will get you nowhere.

nothing wrong with being sweet. just that sweet guys tend to be weak guys and the jerks tend to be stronger. strength is attractive; weakness isn't. you could still be strong and sweet, but if you act like a wuss, they might lose interest.

It depends what you mean by 'sweet'. Or perhaps it's a question of age and expectations. I'm 47, my GF is 40 with 2 young kids. We generally spend the weekend together at her place and I help around the house, help with the kids and she loves me - not just for being there and helping but for understand and supporting. It makes our relationship much better.