+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to keep a spark with hardly any contact?

How to keep a spark with hardly any contact?

This girl and I have been going out for about a month. Problem is, she is very busy with college and music commitments so we hardly ever get to see each other. It feels that now the closeness we had at the beginning has faded because we only get to see each other for a couple of hours each week to a day per week.
    She used to be more emotional and contacted me more over text and calls. She doesn't say she misses me any more. She isnt really the emotional type. But when i ask her about why she seems to have distanced she says i am over thinking thinks.

How do I know if what ever we had together has gone?

How do I try to keep something going between us.

How do I get her to communicate more with me, with her emotions and just conversation?

Thanks

Good luck. If she's not the emotional type, she's not the emotional type. You can't change who she is. If you stay together, I promise you she will always be super busy and not have much time for talking. I believe that's her style. Sure, she was a little emotional in the beginning (it's only been a month so how long was that phase?) but that was just to cement the connection with you. Maybe this is not the girl for you? I do know this: if you keep bugging her and pressuring her to talk more, call more, feel more, she will take off!

I don't buy the 'busy' excuse. If someone is interested in you and they want to talk to you, they make time for you...simple as that.

I'm in a similar situation to yours and with a guy I was close too for 3 years. His contact has become less over the past 2 months, he hardly calls anymore, we don't chat like we used too. All I get is the odd text message every few days and I don't know why he's distanced, but I know it's for a reason. When people withdraw from me, I tend to withdraw from them. I don't hang around, or try to force a situation to happen where I'm obviously not really wanted anymore.

If someone doesn't want to talk to you anymore, you can't force them to talk to you.

If she's distanced after only a month....well that speaks volumes.

Well I'm thinking of taking off myself. When we first met each other a month an a half ago we only saw each other for a night a week, maybe squeezed another day or two in over the Christmas period. They were the only times she was close to me. From when she started college again its like she hasn't had enough time for me.
    What can I say to her to make her understand how I'm feeling without sounding too clingy?

I didn't think I would be using this forum for a new relationship, (I used this for a tough breakup a year ago) everything was great at first..