• yes, it does (explain)

0 0%
  • no, it does not make sense (explain)

2 100.00%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Making time vs having time, your definition

Making time vs having time, your definition

People tell me if this makes sense to you. I was talking to a girl about relationships, and she was telling me about her definition of making vs having time in a relationship. Her interpretation is this: she makes time for her family and friends. For example, she would make X amount of time out of her schedule to spend time or do something with/for the person she makes time for.

However, for a boyfriend or husband, or children whom she loves, she will always have time for that person, barring a few exceptions. For example, she said that if she has a job and her boyfriend, husband, and children said they want her to call off to talk to them, she would do that, or she would delay studying for a test if that person/persons whom she always have time for. However, she said that she would not always have time for them if its something she can't change: exam, studying for a test (at some point she has to make time for it and it won't change), and anything else she feels is mandatory...

Now my assessment of that is that it doesn't make much sense to me because of several reasons. First of all, this same girl would have a conversation with a boyfriend/husband on the phone and would start to other people while she's talking to him when other people is around, and sometimes he would tell her about tough things he went through/is going through and she would talk to someone else and then start talking to him, so she would just make him wait. That seems like she's not only sharing time with him with other people, but she's always making time for him as well, according to her logic. In addition, philosophically, if she "always have time," then wouldn't wouldn't everything be except that person/persons be mandatory...

What is your assessment of this?

EDIT: My question is that what do you guys think of "making time vs having" do you think there is a difference?
    Last edited by MarsBars23; 30-01-11 at 07:58 AM.

Sounds like rhetorical nonsense to me, honestly.

My assessment is that: SHE IS RIGHT.
    Before you and everyone else goes apeshit: ask yourself why she's right, and why the fact you disagree with her: is wrong!

This girl obviously has nothing better to talk about and quite frankly her choice of topics to discuss would bore the tits off me...ZZZZzzzzz

Loons of a feather.

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    My assessment is that: SHE IS RIGHT.
    Before you and everyone else goes apeshit: ask yourself why she's right, and why the fact you disagree with her: is wrong!
    Why do you agree with her?

To AMOG, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by MarsBars23 View Post
    Why do you agree with her?
    It's conceivable that what she is doing *can* be perceived as wrong, right?
    It stands to reason that the very FUNDAMENTAL purpose for this site is:

-Post problems in an attempt at humbly requesting the advice of a stranger on the internet
    -Post responses to these poster's giving them the accounts of (OUR) own knowledge which is ALSO based upon another person's perception:

Which BTW, if you haven't figured out: IS subject to interpretation.
    I ask you this: WHO gave YOU the authority to be right? Exactly.
    You have the power to formulate an opinion based on what YOU perceive to be right or wrong...

Doesn't the girl (who you feel is wrong) TOO have the right to feel her opinion is just as equal? YES, she does.

Meaning: She is right because that is how she feels even though it's pretty selfish and phucked up...
    Meaning: HE too is right (in how he feels) as does everyone: but where he goes wrong is when:
    HE imposes HIS expectations onto another person. Make sense?
    The physical manifestation of this fact: is in HIS choice(s) to act out these thoughts, not HER actions.

She has the right not to treat him good: he chooses to stay...because he's a fool, check.
    So who is to B-lame here? Her, for being herself? OR him: for choosing to take it up the rear in the name of love
    while she shits on everything he does or feels for her?

I bet you also blame the abusive spouse who hits his wife, yet the wife continues to stay? Riiiiiiiiiight.

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    It's conceivable that what she is doing *can* be perceived as wrong, right?
    It stands to reason that the very FUNDAMENTAL purpose for this site is:

-Post problems in an attempt at humbly requesting the advice of a stranger on the internet
    -Post responses to these poster's giving them the accounts of (OUR) own knowledge which is ALSO based upon another person's perception:

Which BTW, if you haven't figured out: IS subject to interpretation.
    I ask you this: WHO gave YOU the authority to be right? Exactly.
    You have the power to formulate an opinion based on what YOU perceive to be right or wrong...

Doesn't the girl (who you feel is wrong) TOO have the right to feel her opinion is just as equal? YES, she does.

Meaning: She is right because that is how she feels even though it's pretty selfish and phucked up...
    Meaning: HE too is right (in how he feels) as does everyone: but where he goes wrong is when:
    HE imposes HIS expectations onto another person. Make sense?
    The physical manifestation of this fact: is in HIS choice(s) to act out these thoughts, not HER actions.

She has the right not to treat him good: he chooses to stay...because he's a fool, check.
    So who is to B-lame here? Her, for being herself? OR him: for choosing to take it up the rear in the name of love
    while she shits on everything he does or feels for her?

I bet you also blame the abusive spouse who hits his wife, yet the wife continues to stay? Riiiiiiiiiight.
    You misunderstand... I simply want your opinion on the topic. You said you think she's correct. I just thought what she was saying was kind of hypocritical because it seems like she really doesn't always have time... But my question was really about "making time vs having time," I don't really understand the difference... I think they're one in the same... But the woman thinks there is a difference, which I don't think there is, and actually in my opinion, it seems more like she shares time with her boyfriend/husband, not make/have time for him... Let me reiterate, I just wanted to know why you think she's right about the "making time vs. having time," not why she adheres to her very own rules and her treatment of her boyfriend/husband. I just used the treatment of her boyfriend/husband as an example that she disproves the very thing she is proclaiming, but I guess I should rephrase the question...
    Last edited by MarsBars23; 30-01-11 at 07:56 AM.

Seriously, I think she's just autistic.

Yeah, I think she doesn't make much sense because of the hypocrisy... But do you think there is a difference between "making time" and "having time." I personally think they're one in the same...
    Last edited by MarsBars23; 30-01-11 at 08:10 AM.

Yeah there is a clear difference between "making" time and "having" time.

"Making" time is when you clear your schedule, postpone other things, for the sake of a priority.

"Having" time means spare time in your schedule that is not being used by anything else.

But seriously, I think the chick is autistic. Has she been diagnosed?
    Last edited by Emerald_Dreams; 30-01-11 at 08:52 AM.

way to much time on ones hands time for a hobby
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_Dreams View Post
    Yeah there is a clear difference between "making" time and "having" time.

"Making" time is when you clear your schedule, postpone other things, for the sake of a priority.

"Having" time means spare time in your schedule that is not being used by anything else.

But seriously, I think the chick is autistic. Has she been diagnosed?
    I don't know, but she is definitely different... I was just thinking about her statement and if people think that that is true. And if people think there is a difference when applied to relationships, you know... Like would someone say he is making time for his girlfriend or have time for his girlfriend?

sadie_genie Guest
    No need to make this so complicated. I think you just want to know if a girl loves you, would she put away everything in her life for you? Is that the question? My answer is that it depends on what you mean by love. Unconditional love or love provided by a sane person? I don't believe in unconditional love. Of course, she would put ahead of things that is important for her survival ahead of you or for people who she consider to be more important than you (yes, there are people in her life who may be more important than you). If she is smart girl, she would choose to study that test so she has a future. If she is a good person, she would choose her family (who probably sacrifice for her more than you ever did for her). You have to make a prudent judgment. If she has good reasons why she isn't giving you more attention, then you have to stop whining like a spoiled brat and consider things in her shoes.
    Last edited by sadie_genie; 30-01-11 at 12:28 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast