+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Interesting.. not sure what to think? Help??

Interesting.. not sure what to think? Help??

So.. I work at a restaurant and we hired this new hostess (a few weeks ago). She only works weekends because she is in school, I work weekends as well (I am not in school). Anyways.. so two weeks ago, I was talking to her in the back of the restaurant (we both finished our shifts) and she was on the phone with her sister (who lives near me). I offered her a drive because I am going there anyways. She accepted and we talked during the drive. It turns out we have a lot in common from sports to views on the world to whatever. I dropped her off we said bye , whatever. Next weekend we work together again, I kind of ignore her at the start and at the end I start to flirt with her. Our shifts both finished, I am in the back again and I ask her what she is doing tonight and if she wants to chill, she told me she is seeing a friend. I shrug it off and leave the restaurant. RECENTLY, as in yesterday.. I saw her again and I am flirting with her and I was able to actually talk to her in the back. The conversation was pretty much just about random stuff and I asked what she was doing tonight and she said she was busy and had to do laundry... then a manager comes in the back and asks if she can take another persons shift in an hour or two who canceled and she said yes.

I tell her I bought a new sports car and asked if she wanted to come see it, and she did. We start talking by my car and I asked her if she wanted company for an hour and she said shed be fine, i asked for her number n she gave it to me and i left. I texted her maybe 40 or so minutes later and we do small talk, and I seemingly texted 4 times in a row to her without her responding.

I feel like I just came off as really clingy and I am not sure what to do from here.

It appears to have 'not interested' written all over it.

You've asked her 3 times, 'What are you doing tonight'? and she's responded the way she did, thinking that perhaps you were hinting at you two hanging out. She's let you know she has plans and to discourage you from asking her to hang out.

No reply to your calls? I know it seems backward, but some females will tend to give their phone numbers and because they hate to reject guys and upfront. For her to have told you, 'No, I don't want you to have my number', is an outright rejection and would have made her feel like a piece of shit for what she sees as hurting a guys feelings. So instead you get the number, she ignores and hopes you get the message instead.