+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is my girlfriend right

Is my girlfriend right

Ladies,

I have been described as the perfect boyfriend by most all I come in contact with. Their words not mine, and I disagree. I do know that I'm sensitive, yet tough (am a Marine), extremely thoughtful with my words, actions, and gifting.

My girlfriend that moved to TX from with me has kept her status on Facebook as single, doesn't post any of our 200 plus pics together in 10 different states, doesn't write about me on her page, doesn't want me to write on her wall, and then today asked me why I have a picture of us together as my profile picture. Her excuse is that her changing things is suffocating her.

She went back home for a 2 week trip, and is spending time at coffee and sushi with a guy that has admitted he wants her, and has pursued her for months. Her excuse is that she wants to see him.

What do you think?

the whole couples on facebook thing has always nauseated me, personally.

;D

if she's anything like me, she probably thinks so too.

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    erhm...you know the whole fb thing is sort of childish but if she has issues with YOU putting up pictures or what not then that's just plain weird. If she is someone who regularly checks her fb then she could at least change her status, it takes a few seconds....sort of strange if she doesn't want people knowing she has a bf. And about the guy situation, that's a definite no no. next time she decides to see him, ask if she minds you coming and if she does, dump her because she is most likely cheating on you.
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

U think she's hiding you to ppl or someone hmmm, not right!

How long have you been together? How long have you two been living in TX?
    Like others have said, the Facebook relationship status thing is somewhat annoying, but it does sound like she is trying to hide the relationship. Has she given you concrete reasons as to why she doesn't want any evidence of your relationship on FB? You need to have a talk with her about how this move has affected her and your relationship, it sounds to me like she is having some doubts.

Is this behavior of someone who wants a future with you? no. If she was madly in love with you she wouldn't be meeting up with some guy that wants to get in her pants. The facebook thing, she could have at least changed her status to in a relationship or have no status at all.

One thing that triggered my interest, since she hasn't had a lot of experience with BFs, I suspect she's liking the attention she is getting for this dude...maybe it's giving her second thoughts about being stuck in a relationship.

Like I always say if it don't feel right, it's not.

I'd also would like to point out the fact she used the word "suffocating" as to describe taking the next step in establishing your relationship to others......red flag.

Quote Originally Posted by frogj316 View Post

What do you think?
    I'm 96,7% certain that she is cheating on you (and on the other guy as well) and she doesn't want your facebook pics so she seems available to other guys.
    In fact I can not think of 1 other reason for her to make a fuss about this. And her relationship status only adds up to the equation.

I also think she has told the same thing to the other guy, that he shouldn't post on her wall. Check it out

People can say what they want about facebook but it does allow you to find out if you are being cheated on or not. I've seen so many guys make romantic comments on walls and then the girl deletes it and says " let's discuss this on msn" (so my boyfriend can't read it...)

I would make things very clear right now and dump her like an old pair of shoes if I didn't like her explanation
    Last edited by MynameisJesus; 04-02-11 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MynameisJesus View Post
    I'm 96,7% certain that she is cheating on you (and on the other guy as well) and she doesn't want your facebook pics so she seems available to other guys.
    In fact I can not think of 1 other reason for her to make a fuss about this. And her relationship status only adds up to the equation.

I also think she has told the same thing to the other guy, that he shouldn't post on her wall. Check it out

People can say what they want about facebook but it does allow you to find out if you are being cheated on or not. I've seen so many guys make romantic comments on walls and then the girl deletes it and says " let's discuss this on msn" (so my boyfriend can't read it...)

I would make things very clear right now and dump her like an old pair of shoes if I didn't like her explanation
    Jesus is right!

1. No relationship status on FB = RED flag
    If you're on fb it means you're there to participate and share your life with others. Of all the things to hide, why your relationship status huh?

2. Meeting up with a guy who is actively pursuing her. = DEALBREAKER
    This is unacceptable and inexcusable! She has completly disregarded her commitment to you as a gf and is completly ignoring your feelings and concern. She's a fraud, all of your gut feelings and wondering thought are more than likely dead on. Get out before you go any deeper.