+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Telling about testing

Telling about testing

Hi, I talked to my doc about getting std testing done (due to few symptoms) but have since decided against that since symptoms disappeared and the doc doesnt seem concerned. I have no reason to believe I ever had std (virgin, clean partners, etc.), so it was more of a paranoia. I talked about the symptoms with my gf but did not mention I was considering getting tested. Is this something that is important to mention? I feel like it's not since it was mainly my paranoid self that conceived of the idea that really did not have much basis behind it. Probably just over thinking things. Thanks though!

There are certain stds that you can have, that have no symptoms and you can have one of these sexual diseases and not know you have it.

If people are paranoid they may have an std, then IMO there is a reason as to why they may think they have an std, which causes the paranoia.

I'd personally still have taken the test.

Yes, you should tell her you were not tested and then you are giving her a choice as to whether to proceed, ie: sexual relations with you.

if you're a virgin then how do you have clean "partners"? from doing other stuff?

Right, clean partners during oral etc. This is the first time I had these symptoms so if anything, I would have gotten something from my gf, but she was tested and found to be clean. That and plus my doctors and my urologist's unconcern with this issue makes me think it is nothing. I have a history of hypochondria so that explains my paranoia. She knows I have not been tested and she knows I have no past history with symptoms, etc. and she is fine with it. Thanks for the replies!

She knows I have not been tested and she knows I have no past history with symptoms, etc. and she is fine with it. Thanks for the replies!
    What was your point in posting then and if you have ALL the answers.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't understand why you WOULDN'T whats the harm.

Every single visit to the DR he asks would you like to have a PAP AND STD TEST? Yes, sir. He'll usally ask the normal, are you monogomous, is he? Okay, I'll do it anyways.

To me it's why NOT get tested?

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    To me it's why NOT get tested?
    So he can remain in denial about having chlamydia and continue having carefree sex with virgins and clean partners.

Edit: Also, how much concern do you want your doctor to show? Like he should be calling you everyday asking you to come in and get tested? Go get tested - it's the responsibility of everyone who has sex.
    Last edited by MerryH; 01-02-11 at 03:01 AM.