+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I feel like I'm in a relationship with his friends!

I feel like I'm in a relationship with his friends!

I live with my boyfriend of almost a year and it seems as if he ALWAYS has his friends over. Today, I woke up at 11. He woke up at 12:30, and his friends were here by 1. It is now 5:22 PM and they are still here. While discussing what we should have for dinner, I asked if we could go and sit down at the restaurant instead of going drive thru. I specifically said, "Me and you." A little after this conversation, his friend (who was supposed to come over earlier but didn't) calls him. And guess what! He is now meeting us at the restaurant for dinner. I feel like I'm just a friend added to his collection instead of his girlfriend. I don't know what to do about this...no matter how many times I ask for alone time or preach that he has his friends over too often, he always gets his way!

becuase you allow him too. You have to show him you mean business. Let him know you mean business. Stop giving it up to him, go hang out with your friends. Sounds like he just takes you for granted though, probably need to drop his ass like a hot potatoe and find a guy who enjoys spending time with his gf.

how old are you 2?

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That's right he "gets his way" because you've allowed him to.

A firm, oh John's coming to dinner? I'll pass then.

trust me, I've dealt with this BS before with my ex. towards the end of our relationship, us "hanging out" consisted of us going to get fast food someplace, then going to his pothead friend's house to sit around while I watched them smoke weed and play video games. anything we did had to be with his friends, and after awhile I started feeling like he didn't even wanna be around me anymore. you need to make clear that you wanna hang out him alone and have some you time, otherwise it's gonna get out of hand!

when my boyfriend did something I dont like continuously.. I would do the same with him.. if he always have his friends over, then I will have to be a bit distant to him and if he wants to be with me he has to make a time to be with me alone. otherwise i will make plans with my friends and even to the point of pretending i will be meeting someone just for him to miss me and see my importance. he has to set his priorities!
    http://www.antileon-ent.com/sex