+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A female co-worker blocked me from Facebook 2 days after confirming me.

jtr is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

A female co-worker blocked me from Facebook 2 days after confirming me.

Hope someone can help me with this situation. I befriended a girl at work about 2 months ago. Actually I caught her checking me out, so that initially got my attention. We'd see each other occasionally at work, and usually just say "hi. One week before Christmas, I noticed that her car was parked next to mine, so I figured since she worked part-time, I might as well wish her a "Merry Christmas" So when she came out I proceeded to say the following: "(Name) as I might not see you next week, I just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas, and to tell you that I am truly blessed to work with someone as nice as you. Your eyes are the windows to your soul, and really tell me the kind of person you are" She was very happy and replied: "Wow!" I smiled and drove away. The following week during an elevator ride, we made some small-talk, in which I found out she had a boyfriend, I also told her I was married, but I also made what I consider a mistake in stating: "You are an incredibly beautiful girl" I also told her (silly me) that I was actually nervous when I spoke with her. She just smiled and couldn't understand why. As she stepped out, I assured her that I was sincere, wasn't a player, and that all I was looking for was a friendship. Three weeks passed, and I saw her last Tuesday. She asked me for a small favor, and I was happy to oblige. I figured, why not try and see if she accepts a Facebook request from me. Since a friend of mine already had her added, I decided, why not? To my surprise, she confirmed me within an hour. So the friendly (maybe too much) person I am, I sent her the following PM:

"Thanx for the add! Missed you these last few weeks 2day the sun finally came out:o) thnx to u...I truly appreciate and honor your friendship. Please know, that in me, you'll ALWAYS have someone you can trust and count on. Have a great night...cya..."

Surprisingly, she didn't respond to this, or ANY other posts I wrote on her wall. All very straight-forward small-talk stuff. Never insinuating anything more than a friendship. Although I must be honest with you to get an honest answer: I did like her a LOT more than I should've. So last Friday, I decided I'd send her one more PM:

"hey hard working girl...hope you had an awesome day...have a great weekend (hopefully youre not working)
    And do me a favor and write me back when you have a minute, or post something on my wall. I want you to feel 100% comfortable with me. Take care...ttyl"

A few hours later, I found out that she blocked me, without any explanation. So I sent her an email:

"I�m sorry for everything. I was only trying to be your friend. I hope this didn�t cause any problems. If so, please accept my sincerest apologies. I�m deeply hurt that you had to block me, but I�m sure you had your reasons. Please understand that I was being friendly. After all I�m happily married, and you have a boyfriend, so my ONLY intention was to be your friend.

I�m so sorry"

I haven't ran into her since, and my question is: How, and if in any way should I act towards her. Should I completely ignore her, be friendly and say "hi", or just find out what on earth happened? I don't yet know if she'll ever speak to me yet, as I haven't seen her. A lot of my friends tell me, that the stuff I wrote was pretty normal, although a little "too close for comfort" They think her boyfriend probably saw the PM's. This is a sad situation, because we seemed to get along well, and I don't know if and when this "friendship" can ever be salvaged. And if so, is it really worth it, or is this situation really a "blessing in disguise" ? Please help me deal with this. Thank you in advance

1st, there is NO friendship to salvage. It seems like you live in a alternate reality of some kind. You barely even knows you and you think you guys are friends? So she adds you on fb and you commence to drop line after line on her wall?? That's not good. You probably made her super uncomfortable with your "over the top" very needy approach. From what I see, you pretty much freaked her out so she blocked you, if she has a bf, you definitely crossed the line.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by jtr View Post

Surprisingly, she didn't respond to this, or ANY other posts I wrote on her wall.
    Hmm. For some reason, I am not surprised.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

She unfriended you cuz you're a creep. A married guy doesn't go around telling people how beautiful they are and how much they value their friendship. She probably feels really weirded out and doesn't want to have anymore awkward situations with you.

Edit: And on top of that her boyfriend probably saw your wall posts and is not impressed. To say the least. I don't know how any of her behavior towards you is "surprising"
    Last edited by curly1118; 01-02-11 at 06:58 AM.

Your friends are being kind when they tell you that your behavior was "too close for comfort." You were majorly creepy. Waiting for her at her car to spew some weird "your eyes are the windows to your soul" crap, pushing really really hard for her to feel comfortable with you and trust you and be your friend.

So yes, completely ignore her. She's probably actually a bit frightened by you. I would be. Never ever ever contact her again. And please don't act that way toward women ever again.

Also, I'm calling bullshit that you just wanted to be friends. You clearly were hitting on her. Really hard.

Crikey...is this guy for real?? lol

Wayyy too creepy IMO, no wonder she ran!

jtr is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Thank you for your responses! Brutally honest, but appreciated nevertheless. I assure you guys, that I'm not any kind of a stalker creep. I just have this weakness of getting too attached to women. I'm a very good talker and listener, and have many women friends. So please take my word, I wasn't BSing this nice girl to get into her pants (like most men do) I truly liked her. Never did I have any intentions of dating her, or even getting her phone number. I'm happily married to a beautiful woman, whom I love with all my heart, that's why my guy friends don't understand why I entrust my feelings in these "friendships". I fully agree, and hopefully this experience will teach me the lesson I needed to learn. The crucial mistake IMO was the PM with the "I want you to be comfortable with me" quote. I keep reading it, wondering, what was I thinking? Or was I?

1st of all, if some random guy I worked with said that "your eyes are the window to your soul" comment to me, I would be immediately turned off and creeped out... that stuff only works in romance novels, not in real life. you barely know this girl. then you proceeded to harass her and came on way too strong with the PMs and messages or whatever else. and you're married? get outta here man.

yeah....you did too much for just wanting friendship. guys just dont say those things to a girl if his not interested. like every 1 else has said u must of scared the crap out of her. too creepy mate...lol

Sorry man, but me as a guy, I know where it all went wrong. When you waited for her to wish her a Merry Xmas, that should of been the first and last thing you should of said that day. Any person sticking around the parking just to wish someone well and then drop a secret "pick-up-line" does sound creepy and needy. I know you mentioned that one of your co-workers had her as a friend, but perhaps your co-worker was in a better communication case then you are in.
    Look at it this way, if you don't socialize with her at work and prefer to socialize through the social network sounds too private. That scares girls who are not in a social relationship with you outside of the social network.
    Sorry man, but your gonna have to ignore her. She is gonna ignore you too, so be prepared. There is no solution for this even if you tried.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If i was your wife i would be totally pissed with you.

She blocked you probably cause she thought you were weird (messages like that anywahere, nevermind on fb wall where anyone can see are plain weird) and because it probably pissed her bf off that you wrote those things.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

"(Name) as I might not see you next week, I just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas, and to tell you that I am truly blessed to work with someone as nice as you. Your eyes are the windows to your soul, and really tell me the kind of person you are" ...
    LOLS ^^^^

Honestly!! These cheesey lines are sooooo creepy! My skin wouild have actually been crawling and if I'd found you attractive, the above line would have put me off in a flash.

Then he went on to say he 'missed her'.

You hardly know her to say you can miss her.

And you have a WIFE!! WTF are you feeding this kinda line to a woman and when you are married...

Save your smoothie talk for your wife...who might appreciate you talking this way.

I know exactly how she must be feeling... there is something about a guy who uses lines like that and keeps up too much contact that makes me feel so uncomfortable and uneasy! Also you mentioned she has a boyfriend, and you have a wife, so where did you think this was gonna go anyways?!

Quote Originally Posted by jtr View Post
    I also told her (silly me) that I was actually nervous when I spoke with her. She just smiled and couldn't understand why. As she stepped out, I assured her that I was sincere, wasn't a player, and that all I was looking for was a friendship.
    omg if I was that girl I would have bolted out of that elevator so ****ing fast... hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by ashley89 View Post
    I know exactly how she must be feeling... there is something about a guy who uses lines like that and keeps up too much contact that makes me feel so uncomfortable and uneasy! Also you mentioned she has a boyfriend, and you have a wife, so where did you think this was gonna go anyways?!
    He says he wanted friends - but I suspect he was trying to woo his way into her pants and despite what he says.

Odd way to make friends, that is for sure...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast