+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: A female co-worker blocked me from Facebook 2 days after confirming me.

Quote Originally Posted by jtr View Post
    Nobody can get fired for liking someone. My actions might have went a bit overboard, but such is life. You live & learn...and don't ever discuss your personal issues in a public forum. Talk to a good friend instead...that is my final advice to all of you
    Phew! Gooood Byyyee!!

tremolo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertz View Post
    If i was your wife i would be totally pissed with you.
    Um, YEAH. How do you think your wife would feel when you're going around making a fool of yourself slobbering all over another woman?

You must have heard that Shakespeare line - 'Methinks the woman doth protest too much' ? I think you protested a bit too much - that you only wanted to be friends, that you were happily married, that you just think she's a nice person, etc. etc. - and that this woman immediately intuited an ulterior motive. When a guy tries way too hard to reassure a woman of his intentions, it has the opposite effect - it reinforces what he's protesting against. And sure enough, it sounds like you have a major crush on this woman, and like your intentions are not 100% honorable. What you did was creepy and disrespectful to your wife.

You should leave this poor girl alone and when you have the urge to call or write or talk to her - phone up your wife instead.

You should leave this poor girl alone and when you have the urge to call or write or talk to her - phone up your wife instead.
    Totally awesome advice. Good job IMO.

To add: OP, Take that advice with you in the future so you'll remember it next time you're about to say inappropriate things to women and you'll stop yourself.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 26-06-11 at 01:40 AM. Reason: to add
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

All my friends at work that I've told about this agree, and are supportive of me...so just goes to show you how different the situation when you actually witness it.
    So you told your friends everything, or did you leave out certain details that make you seem creepy? Because if they honestly know the whole story and are telling you that you did nothing wrong, then either they are also socially inept or they are just trying to be nice and spare your feelings.

And nobody here needs to know you personally to form the opinion that what you did was out of line. You told us those things yourself. Anyone who did or said things like you did would be wrong, too. I'm sure you're a nice enough guy in general and really didn't mean any harm, but I just wish you'd understand and accept that you shouldn't have acted that way. And I wish you'd understand that there is absolutely nothing wrong with how she's treating you now.

I just wanted them to get a good laugh at all the abuse posters in this forum take on a regular basis.
    Oh wait, you mean they're actually reading this thread? Hey, friends of jtr, please register an account here and support him. Tell us why you think his behavior was completely appropriate and shouldn't have scared that girl away.

you sound like a man who's going through a mid-life crisis. You tried having an affair with a girl who probably knows you are married. All that thing about" your eyes are the window to your soul " was insanely creepy. I don't know what you've been reading but it's definitely not working. You should have approached her more carefully. Leave her alone, she probably wanted to be friends with you that's it but I don't think she wants that anymore. what you said was the kind of thing you'd say to a 12 year old girl in junior high. Be more mature next time.

jtr is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by brokenheart20 View Post
    you sound like a man who's going through a mid-life crisis. You tried having an affair with a girl who probably knows you are married. All that thing about" your eyes are the window to your soul " was insanely creepy. I don't know what you've been reading but it's definitely not working. You should have approached her more carefully. Leave her alone, she probably wanted to be friends with you that's it but I don't think she wants that anymore. what you said was the kind of thing you'd say to a 12 year old girl in junior high. Be more mature next time.
    The eyes really are the windows to ANYONE's soul. You can tell a lot about a person just by looking them in the eyes. This is what I meant by the comment. Seriously guys, this was not any sort of pickup line, so please don't twist this around. The main issue here is that we're both in relationships. This is what makes all the things I did and said inappropriate. I've admitted fault many times, although I assure you that I had only good intentions, as I've NEVER hit on her, asked her for her number or ANYTHING else for that matter (why do I feel like I'm wasting my time?). And I'm not the one that's acting strange now. The creepiness is coming form her now. I am respectful to her in every way, by saying hi when she greets me. I am just being polite. It's better than being an asshole, and giving her the cold shoulder. I will not do that no matter how anyone treats me. Before you guys say anymore, I will continue to be nice but distant. It's fortunate that we were only workmates and not close friends. I'm done commenting for now. Thank you everyone for your brutal honestly. All the best...take care

I don't think you should do anything wrong. You were just trying to be nice and she lead you on a bit with her smiling and acknowledgement. I hate it when people do that and then blame it all on you. Anyway, you shouldn't be too hard on yourself and don't let these people change who you are, which is a kind person at heart.

Holy crap. If I didn't know better I'd SWEAR you were one of my friends. He's EXACTLY like this!! It's so damn creepy! Everything he says is followed with something like "All awkwardness aside" or "in a friendly way of course" but the things he says are NOT friendly, and neither were the things you said. You are a major creeper, and sound extremely awkward. Stop trying so hard, and don't explain every little thing. There's really no need to actually say all you're looking for is friendship. If you're truly wanting that, that goes left unsaid. Also, why would you bombard her with Facebook wall-posts and messages when you barely know her???? No wonder she blocked you.

And whoever said she led him on, there's no ****ing way. She didn't even acknowledge him (as she shouldn't have) and then BLOCKED him. Yeah, that's totally leading him on. Pshh.

Honestly, if someone said those things to me, I would think they were going to rape and or kill me. My friend that does this stuff has a serious mental disorder and is borderline psychopathic killer. You might be too.

This woman has a heart of gold for not going to HR yet with this situation.

"These would not stand up in the court of law." GOOD LORD! Why would you even SAY THAT?!??! If you honestly do not see how creepy and pathetic you are, THAT QUOTE RIGHT THERE IS PROOF! That leads someone to believe you're knowingly doing all these harrasing things without going "too" far to get a harrasment suit on your hands. Like you're riding right up there against the line, but being careful not to go over it. You sound like a criminal.

Is your name JP by any chance? I really think I know you in real life....

Also, and please no one take this to be offensive or anything towards Autism, but OP: have you heard of a condition called Asperger's Syndrome? You should look it up, it keeps popping up in my head when I read your posts

I just have this weakness of getting too attached to women. I'm a very good talker and listener, and have many women friends. So please take my word, I wasn't BSing this nice girl to get into her pants (like most men do) I truly liked her.
    You know, they have therapy for this...

Look, I enjoy a good flirt as much as the next guy. The difference is, I don't go PMing women about it. Most likely she left her facebook page logged in and her boyfriend saw the message, a fight ensued, and rather than deal with your crap she simply blocked you outright.

The crucial mistake here is that you felt the need to tell her how beautiful she was when A) You're married B) Allegedly Happily Married C) She has a boyfriend.

You disrespected her relationship, you disrespected your relationship, and frankly you were actually being creepy. You don't give a random woman that kind of praise. It sounds a lot more like you were imagining a relationship with her, and were telling her what you thought she'd want to hear. Frankly your PM read like you were trying to hook up with her. "Hey baby, hit me back if you're interested..." Seriously...

What is it with moronic assholes coming on here, and posting crap about how innocent they are in an attempt to get someone to agree with them. Look, you were wrong, your behavior is wrong, and if you do actually love your wife you should really get some therapy to resolve your need to garner attention from women who are not your wife. Energy flows two ways, in and out. You took energy away from your wife and gave it to another woman. That's just creepy and more than a little bit disrespectful to your wife.

If what you said to this woman isn't the same thing you'd say to your close female friends, you were out of line.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Is it bad that I want an update on this?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345