+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No contact from girlfriend...Should I be worried?

No contact from girlfriend...Should I be worried?

Well I have been seeing a girl for two weeks and last weekend was massive, had dinner at a nice restaurant, the next night I met her best friend, and then the next night was dinner at her parents place. Things are going really well and she has said she really likes me!
    So I've meet her best friends and her family. Pretty fast I know. We have also been texting each other all day like crazy the two weeks...until yesterday and now today.
    I haven't heard from her since her parents dinner, which is really really unusual...I don't think she is ignoring me considering how well the relationship is going...but I think she may be in trouble or something, and I am worried. I texted her yesterday asking how her day was and no reply, about 6hrs later I text her asking if everything is alright, and no reply...
    So my question is, what should I do? Should I just wait until she gets back to me? Or should I ring her at some point to see if she is alright?
    Hope you can help!

lna is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Wait until she gets back to you, if she doesn't text you within this week give her a phone call

Wait a whole week?

Why not call her, rather than text?

Well its just how we have done things, text each other, then most nights we call one another and chat for like 2 hours.
    But I was thinking of calling her to see if she is alright...

IT may hurts, but if you like yourself thats what you should do. She got your messages twice, so she knows that you care about her and you want to know if she is alright. So whichever the situation is that keeps her from answering you, at the time that she will be available to answer you (if she will be available) she will answer you. If you ring her then you ll make her feel uncomfortable to talk to you, since if she was available to do it sooner she would have done it before. Also, if you try to contact her again then its a bad sign for starting a relationship like that cause she will either feel that you already want to have control on her or that she is way too important for you that you cant do a moment without her even if she did received your message (so she knows that she can contact you). Anyways dont be negative thinking for not contacting you for some hours. It has happened to me too sometimes when somoene tried to contact me and I wanted to contact them back but for several reasons I contacted them many hours later.
    Last edited by Spyr; 01-02-11 at 08:14 AM.

If you are concerned, call. Text messages can get lost.

If you get no reply to the call, then something isn't right.

I think I will call just to see how things are, make sure she is alright. Just need to do it without seeming obsessive.

Yeah xxazurezz is right about messages that can get lost sometimes, so you should try to call her. Try to do what you said that is make sure she is alright without seeming obsessive. If she doesnt answer then dont retry later. Your call cant get lost too. If she doesnt respond then do what I said above. Please let us updated, good luck.

Okay it is decided. When should I call, today or tomorrow and when is the best time to call?
    And how can I go about it without sounding clingy or obsessive...

Quote Originally Posted by franklinmount View Post
    I think I will call just to see how things are, make sure she is alright. Just need to do it without seeming obsessive.
    Just make that call. It's not obsessive, it's showing a concern and that you care.

If she doesn't reply, she will know you called and because she will have caller display and she may get back to you.

If she doesn't reply, then I'd call her no more. Ball is in her court from after you make this call.

OK I rang, no answer.
    So I left a message on her voicemail.

I am really worried about this

Just wait until she gets back to you... Cause if you keep on annoyingly contact her it is possible she would think that you're already controlling your relationship...
    What progress, you ask, have I made? I have begun to be a friend to myself.
    Hecato, Greek philosopher
    www.coachhollywood.com - Los Angeles Life and Business Coach

Ok she called, she said she got my msgs and she will call me back when she has a minute, she is flat out apparently...baby screaming in the background and all...
    Im am thinking of maybe texting her to say to not worry about calling me back in a rush, do it when she has freetime.
    Maybe add something in there to say for her to keep my updated or something?? Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by franklinmount View Post
    Im am thinking of maybe texting her to say to not worry about calling me back in a rush, do it when she has freetime.
    Yeah, do that, and then tell her that you just wanted to know she was alright because it's unusual not to hear from her for so long and that you're glad she's okay.

But don't let it become a habit that you text over and over and call when she doesn't get back to you. I know that wasn't the case this time. You actually did have cause for concern, but now you know that she's prone to disappearing for days. Not sure if you'd want to be with someone who does that all the time, though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast