+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No contact from girlfriend...Should I be worried?

It's kinda weird. She's had time to text you constantly for two weeks and now she's flat out and barely has time to let you know? Who's baby in the background? Hers?

Maybe her parents had a chat with her and suggested she's moving too fast? You meeting them after knowing her for only two weeks?

I think it's best to give her reassurance that you're cool with not hearing from her for a while. Send the "do it when you have time, I'm kinda busy too!" message and then actually make yourself busy so you don't have too much time to obsess.

If you don't hear back I'd assume she got cold feet. If you do, make sure you guys talk about things and let her know you're fine with slowing things down and giving her space.

Quote Originally Posted by franklinmount View Post
    Ok she called, she said she got my msgs and she will call me back when she has a minute, she is flat out apparently...baby screaming in the background and all...
    Im am thinking of maybe texting her to say to not worry about calling me back in a rush, do it when she has freetime.
    Maybe add something in there to say for her to keep my updated or something?? Thoughts?
    just text her back saying "give me a buzz when you have a breather just little worried if everything is ok with you."

she doesnt need to "keep you updated" with her life lol. shes not officially yours yet. that would sound rather obsessive.

It's good to be kept updated but it's her job to tell you and not yours to remind her... or else she might have a different impression...
    What progress, you ask, have I made? I have begun to be a friend to myself.
    Hecato, Greek philosopher
    www.coachhollywood.com - Los Angeles Life and Business Coach

Quote Originally Posted by GK001 View Post
    just text her back saying "give me a buzz when you have a breather just little worried if everything is ok with you."

she doesnt need to "keep you updated" with her life lol. shes not officially yours yet. that would sound rather obsessive.
    And if they were in an official relationship, she would have to?

I really hate being called every day, or texted all day by my significant other. It just makes them seem obsessive, and like they don't have a life so they have to bother ME all day.

Well most of the texts that were sent, were started by her soo...

I ended up sending this to her just now "call backk whenever you have time babe, no rush and ill try to denuttyfy you hehe!! I care a lil' :$ and Im kinda busy too"
    she will like the denuttyfy word, used before.

Quote Originally Posted by warriormaiden View Post
    And if they were in an official relationship, she would have to?

I really hate being called every day, or texted all day by my significant other. It just makes them seem obsessive, and like they don't have a life so they have to bother ME all day.
    Everybody's different. My wife loves that I text and call her several times a day, and I love it that she does the same for me.

yeh i would have thought the whole point of a relationship, is to be in constant contact with your partner?
    Dont you want to know everything about them and what they get upto?

yeh i would have thought the whole point of a relationship, is to be in constant contact with your partner?
    Not usually for me, no. Usually when I've been in a relationship in the past, I've NOT been interested in constant contact.

With my wife, I've got a near-physical need to hear her voice, see her face, several times a day. Fortunately for me, she's the same way with me, so it's not annoying for her. She calls me at least as much as I call her. Hell, I go to the grocery store and "take her with me" on the phone with the earpiece in. We chat about stuff I'm getting, make decisions together, etc. She's listened to cashiers flirt with me while I'm at the register and howled with laughter in my ear as I'm checking out. I wonder sometimes if how close we are is somehow sick or wrong, but it works for us.

his been going out with her for 2 weeks. that makes them partners?
    personally i wouldnt, its the amount of trust you put in a person. i would prob worry about her safety if she works late at night etc...people need space some times until they decide its time to move in together.

Since you two have been pretty close for the last two weeks, You have the right to be worried but its good to ask her friend first and then see what her friend has to say. Her friend would know whats best for you to do
    http://www.antileon-ent.com/sex

I dont have contact with any of her friends.
    I ended up speaking to her on facebook and she mentioned that she was really exhausted yesterday at work and could hardly focus and then slept for like 13hrs last night due to it.
    She then mentioned that it was because she stayed up too late on Sunday night with me...
    Anyways, she spoke as if she was still keen to see me, but today she is just really flat out and stuff.
    Though it does feel somewhat odd. And I am still left worrying...

I dont have contact with any of her friends.
    I ended up speaking to her on facebook and she mentioned that she was really exhausted yesterday at work and could hardly focus and then slept for like 13hrs last night due to it.
    She then mentioned that it was because she stayed up too late on Sunday night with me...
    Anyways, she spoke as if she was still keen to see me, but today she is just really flat out and stuff.
    Though it does feel somewhat odd. And I am still left worrying...
    wait........she didnt contact you for 1 day and you flip out? are you for real??? or i misunderstood your post?

For a day and a half actually heh
    What has made me worry sooo much, is how often she would text me for the 2-3 weeks prior to Sunday. It was out of this world good, every hour she would text me and stuff. Sent heaps of texts to each other.
    So it seemed so unusual not to get anything from her, for 1.5 days, would have been longer if i hadn't messaged her...
    So...

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Errr no, for most people being in constant contact is a ball ache. Knowing things about their day/week/life does not mean being in conctant contact...and the fact you have been seeing her for 2 weeks- i think you played the whole thing wrong. You shouldnt have text after you called, you shouldve left the ball in her court. She probably didnt text back as she is tired and busy and also probably a little claustaphobic with all the contact- i get that sometimes and need space. Just chill the hell out and stop being so needy.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Okay, she said that she was having a bad day yesterday so I was considering sending her a text tomorrow morning wishing her a better day, etc.
    Is this a no go?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast