+ Follow This Topic

Thread: was this comment too agressive?

was this comment too agressive?

I am a male, and I have a female friend that I met about 3 months ago. About a month ago I asked her to go to a formal banquet with me, which she happily agreed. Just recently I asked her if she was still able to go and she said that she forgot, and that she was very sorry as she made other plans.

Two days ago she said she would like to get together to catch up on things. I asked her one more time about the banquet to double check if she was still unable to come. She said she was truly sorry about it and that she hoped I would be able to find someone else to come with me. I said theres always a possibly with a and then she smiled back.

She never did call me to meet up like she said she would, was I too agressive with my comment? I was just trying to stay positive and didnt know what else to say. Do you think she is pissed at me?

You should have given the very relevant background information, OP.

This girl has a boyfriend and she's never once hinted that she likes you. In fact, she's done the opposite.

I don't know if she's pissed at you, but she's probably making herself scarce so as to not lead you on in any way.

I don't even know the background story. But just from reading the original post in this thread, sounds like she is not interested in attending the banquet with you, and just wants you to forget about asking her and move on.

She's just not that into you dude. Lay off.

Quote Originally Posted by MerryH View Post
    You should have given the very relevant background information, OP.

This girl has a boyfriend and she's never once hinted that she likes you. In fact, she's done the opposite.

I don't know if she's pissed at you, but she's probably making herself scarce so as to not lead you on in any way.
    I agree.. i say, give it a bit more time before you contact her again if ever you still want to..
    http://www.antileon-ent.com/sex

You recieved advice in your 'other' thread and you failed to respond to it.

Are you dumb?? The self same posters who advised you, frequent these forums daily...and we have good memories.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    you're clueless. she sold you out in hopes you'd get a clue.

So how about if I wait about 6 weeks until I contact her again. And when I do I say that I'm sorry I got frustrated with her and tell her I've been under a lot of stress from work the last few months (which I have) and also that I had a family member who passed away recently (which is true) and tell her that I wasn't really upset with her, I was just upset with how things were going in my life. And since she is moving soon I didnt want our friendship to end like this. Do you think that could soften the blow? Should I wait 6 weeks or do it sooner? She is moving away in 4 months.

So, the conversation you're worried about is this:

Her: I hope you can find someone else to go with you.
    You: There's always a possibility!

That's it? Did you say it in a really rude way, or something?

After I double checked that she could not come, she said she truly felt bad and i said its ok i just thought it would be a lot of fun, she said i hope you can find someone else to go with and i said theres always a possibility and she smiled back.

I really didn't think it was that rude of a conversation. I didnt realize people are that sensitive about that stuff. I am shocked she just forgot about it as we have been great friends. All that I just said in the above is absolutely true and I was just really looking forward to going to the banquet with her. Do you think this will help?

Quote Originally Posted by gasperm3 View Post
    After I double checked that she could not come, she said she truly felt bad and i said its ok i just thought it would be a lot of fun, she said i hope you can find someone else to go with and i said theres always a possibility and she smiled back.

I really didn't think it was that rude of a conversation. I didnt realize people are that sensitive about that stuff. I am shocked she just forgot about it as we have been great friends. All that I just said in the above is absolutely true and I was just really looking forward to going to the banquet with her. Do you think this will help?
    Why dont you admit you wanted more from this girl and you thought the banquet was a date for you and her that is why it upset you so much she has always made it clear that she has a bf back off
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by gasperm3 View Post
    I didnt realize people are that sensitive about that stuff.
    I'm not sure where you got the idea that someone would be sensitive about that conversation. There is absolutely nothing offensive or controversial about that. You don't need to apologize to her. Just let it go.