+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would be your reaction to this letter?

If I got such letter from an ex, I would feel sorry for him, because it is a belated effort and only shows how much he (you) is not over break up.
    Don't perform emotional strip teas for her.
    Leave just a few lines. If you have to, apologise and say short "thank you" without details.

Deep. I would realize that I lost someone valuable.

Men tend to pass by the really charishable things.

The right one will come along

You will make a nice wife one day
    [url=http://www.whatagirllikes.com/]Home - What A Girl Likes[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    I'm tending to find that you are the one who disagrees and resorts to name calling.....your below quote:

Genuine newbies try to fit in ....not call longstanding members, 'nancies; and because our opinion may differ from YOURS........

TROLL!!!!!!
    whats a nancies
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

I have written many letters like this over the last few months. Your letter struck a cord with me, I got very sad. Looking over the points brought up here, this is what my, and your letter actually says.

"My fault. Good times. My fault. My fault. Remember when? My fault. My fault. Thank you. My fault."

Engraving it into your mind and possibly her mind that you screwed up isn't a good idea. Here's what I'm doing:

Learn what you did wrong but realize she wasn't there for the long haul for you. She won't come back for you, only for the idea of what she wants you to be for her, if at all. The idea that she can make you something forms from a letter that says "it's all my fault, sorry, thank you". She's not an angel. It takes two to tango.

While a very powerful letter, it would do no good to either of you to send it, though to be honest I have, and probably will send something like this to somebody in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkest Heaven View Post
    She's not an angel. It takes two to tango.

While a very powerful letter, it would do no good to either of you to send it, though to be honest I have, and probably will send something like this to somebody in the future.
    1st off: you weren't there to know how she was to him. Assuming hardly qualifies this statement.
    2nd, writing letters is for the purpose to soothe one own's mind. Writing this letter serves as a good thing for him: but giving the letter to her: when she's demonstrated her lack of compassion and empathy for HIS situation
    is reason enough not to send it.

Then again: it's up to him.

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    1st off: you weren't there to know how she was to him. Assuming hardly qualifies this statement.
    2nd, writing letters is for the purpose to soothe one own's mind. Writing this letter serves as a good thing for him: but giving the letter to her: when she's demonstrated her lack of compassion and empathy for HIS situation
    is reason enough not to send it.

Then again: it's up to him.
    I can only assume she's not perfect.... what person is? And yeah, it's to make piece of mind. But from experience I know that piece of mind isn't made until the letter is sent and read by the other. However, for me at least, it always ended in even more heart break. I can only speak from my experience , but I agree with you that her obvious lack of compassion shows that the letter shouldn't be sent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12