+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What to do with EX so I don't feel guilty.

What to do with EX so I don't feel guilty.

I posted a week ago about the problem I have been having with my ex and how she says that we should be friends after a 4 year relationship and how that she really values my friendship. She liked this guy and told me that she knew that they wouldn't last and all but she just wanted to try another guy for a change but I knew that she didn't have it in her and that the only reason she had the guts to do that because I said yes to being her friend and she knew that if it didn't work out that I was some sort of a rebound. Anyways I got sick of it and so I gave her a final goodbye letter and all and she literally begged me not to leave her and stay in her life and started to threaten that she would do stuff to herself so I couldn't be such a guy and I told her what she needs to do. So we both agreed that we would study for now and promise each other to have a future together. It has been really awkward because we're together but not really together and she still talks to that guy as mates and I have all the trust in the world for her but I just don't want other people thinking that shes playing us because it gives her and us a bad image. This has nothing to do with jealousy or anything but its all about principal and I believe that this guy has fallen for her. I know for a fact that she hasn't got the guts to live without me because after 5 years of knowing each other its hard to let go. However this is really awkward and frankly I'm slowly starting to get over it and how she just wants to be friends for now because this is why I left in the first place. I know that I'm not making any sense but being just friends is kind of silly really so is there any advice to elevate this to a relationship? She told me that time will get us back together but I'm slowly running out or patience this whole thing has been going on for about 4 months now and I'm getting really sick of it. I simply don't know what we are right now so I will appreciate any advice.

Thankyou

She told me that time will get us back together ...
    Oh puleassse...and you can't see through this??

She's no more than wanting to keep you around and incase she meets no one else. If she wanted YOU, she'd be with YOU and she wouldn't have, nor want to go gallavanting off elsehwere and to test the waters with other men, like she'd wanted to do with the other guy.

If she finds nobody else, she will come back to you. If she does find someone, she will ditch you like last weeks trash.

She sounds like a selfish bitch who only thinks of herself and what she wants and she uses emotional blackmail to get what she wants.