View Poll Results: Should I attempt to re-connect with my ex gf?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Give it a shot!

5 55.56%
  • Tell her to kick rocks barefoot!

4 44.44%
+ Follow This Topic

Thread: In search of

In search of

SO, its been over a year since I broke up with my ex gf. She was my first love, we dated for a little over a year which spanned over 3 cities and my heart left in pieces lol. So happy I can smile about it now. Anyways, we're still in contact. The reason for our breakup was rather simple yet came out of nowhere. She simply no longer knew what she wanted and pushed me away......far away. Just so happened that I was going thru quite the financial hardships at the time and she pretty much abandoned me when I needed her the most, and when I say need, I mean for emotional support, that's it, not money.

So a couple weeks ago she tells me how much she regrets the way she treated me toward the end of the relationship and how sorry she was.She's apoligized last year also, but never in such detail. She says she knows what she wants now and would like to come hangout with me in MY city next weekend. Says she'd like the opportunity to prove to me how much she loves me, she's never missed anyone as much as she's missed me, we have an amazing connection etc. etc. etc. I've told her that I don't trust her and I have know idea if I could ever date her again but I didn't completely shut her down. I mean she put me thru a lot of shit and I was always there for her no matter what and the one time I needed her, she turned her back on me.

Now, saying that, when the relationship was good, it was GREAT! I loved it and her and everything about what we shared. Truth be told, noone knows me better than her I think, I've told her things I've never told anyone else. I'm 25 and she turns 23 this April. I always noticed some of her younger attributes coming to life during the relationship and part of me thinks it was a bit much for her at the younger age.Nothing too serious though, no marriage or liveing together. (she was 20-21 when we dated) Although we did share my apartment for 2 months when she didnt have anywhere to live. I've told her by no means am I about to jump into anything with her without a thorough investigation of the person she is today and still, I guaranteed her nothing. We've been talking and texting a lot lately and she seems cool enough but who knows. I realize the success rate of a rekindled relationship that ended as ours are VERY low but what do you guys think from the info I've provided? Is it even worth given her a shot?

I think that you want to try and someday you may begin regretting - maybe I should have tried. So in my opinion you to not to regret - you should try. )))
    I <3 <3 <3 yoooooooooooooooooou

I'd say give her another go --- but take it slow!

If you feel like you are not going to be able to get over your feelings from before when she left you, and you have even the slightest thought in your head that you are going to worry about her leaving you again... Dont date her (or if you find yourself worrying about this you need to talk to her and perhaps think of ending it)

***I once had a guy cheat on me with my best friend, I kept him around and got rid of her. but you know what even though I forgave him, I never got over it and it was always in the back of my mind. he cheated on me 2 months into the relationship and we lasted another 6 months or so.
    Hunter S. Thompson once said "Buy the ticket, Take the ride."

More votes! Come on, I value you guys opinions!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, people DO grow up. I suppose if you can both genuinely move on from your history, it's possible things could work. Just move very slowly.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

hell might as well give it a shot if you still love her. if you dont you might regret it later in life.....'the one that got away'
    I got loaded last night on a bottle of gin
    And I had a fight with my redneck girlfriend
    But when I'm drinkin' I am nobody's friend
    Please baby wait for me until they let me out again

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Well, people DO grow up. I suppose if you can both genuinely move on from your history, it's possible things could work. Just move very slowly.
    Yeah, we spoke about moving real slow, I think that would be the best if we do end up giving it another shot.

Quote Originally Posted by ktm390 View Post
    hell might as well give it a shot if you still love her. if you dont you might regret it later in life.....'the one that got away'
    Yeah, I'm not one to live with regrets as well, good point though, I'd hate to pass on something amazing......hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by IncognitoSir View Post

Yeah, I'm not one to live with regrets as well, good point though, I'd hate to pass on something amazing......hmmm.
    yeah you only live life once and you might as well live it to the fullest! 'livin fast and dyin young is my new style of life' 'you know each damn day that we're livin, we're damn right and rebel proud!!"

lol, Yeah Ima live it to the fullest, but I'm not with the wreck less ish ya digg. I'm walking with my eyes wide open.

oh come on man,,, live fast, die young, and leave a beautiful corpse behind!! nah im just playin, live how you wanna live. its the only way to be truly happy!!

I'm a bit concerned that she would turn her back on you and during a time when you'd needed her most. Will she run off and when the going ever gets tough again, is what you should be asking yourself?

But I guess it's a year ago, people grow up and she's been there this past year for you....so I think I'd give her another chance.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    I'm a bit concerned that she would turn her back on you and during a time when you'd needed her most. Will she run off and when the going ever gets tough again, is what you should be asking yourself?

But I guess it's a year ago, people grow up and she's been there this past year for you....so I think I'd give her another chance.
    Well she hasn't been anything to me this past year. Poetry much had very limited contact with her up until now. "Will she turn her back on me again?" Thats the million dollar question, and honestly I'm not convinced she won't. I told her if we try again I can't hold the past against her, but I could never forget what happened. I guess we'll have to see how the next few days pan out and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by IncognitoSir View Post
    Poetry much had very limited contact with her up until now. .
    All the more reason to proceed with caution then.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    All the more reason to proceed with caution then.
    And that exactly what I've been doing.

Update:

Due to some strange inconsistencies in communication, I think I'm going to take a few steps back. Do you guys find it odd to one day be planning a weekend together to catch up and hang out and the next day...........nothing. And the day after that.........more nothing, and the next day as well lol? Last time, I followed my heart, this time, I'm gonna stick to my gut! My gut is telling me she's not ready to actually put forth the effort to pursue a new relationship. Like I said, I have no plans on holding the past against her, but I refuse to chase after her, which is what she REALLY wants me to do. She wants me to miss her, call her, text her her, pursue her. I think she's trying to play me for a fool, TBH. Luckily, my eyes are wide open and I don't have much emotion to cloud my judgment this time around.