+ Follow This Topic

Thread: accidentally snooped a wee bit

accidentally snooped a wee bit

hey guys, while over at my gfs place, sites like this one i like to browse in private (guess it wouldnt be the worst thing in the world if she found out though). today i forgot if i set to private browsing mode and went to history to make sure this site did not appear in history. as is the nature of browsing, her browsing history was there as well, which i accidentally caught a glance of. i read a few website titles she visited before promptly closing down the window as i felt like i was invading her privacy. i now feel bad that i even caught a glimpse of anything she is doing, its really none of my business, i trust her. its eating me alive though that i even saw any of her history...is this bad or am i dwelling on something really stupid? thanks

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LOL well what the hell did you find?!

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    LOL well what the hell did you find?!
    haha absolutely nothing, again not that i was looking in the first place, stupid thing to fixate on eh?

^^^Ignore that. What you found is unimportant.

I don't think you have anything to worry about in THAT regard - you didn't mean to do it, and you shut it down as soon as you realized what you were doing. In that way, you're fine.

I do however, feel that I must address the issue of why you're keeping your activities on THIS site secret? Do you post things/ask questions about your relationship that you don't want her to see? If that's the case, be aware that this is a public forum and that's kind of foolish...

If not, why hide it? Do you honestly think a woman you're involved with will ever feel uncomfortable with the fact that you're reading about other people's relationships, and maybe trying to learn more about how to make things work well with her? Hell no. She'll love you for it. My activities on here are known to my wife, and occasionally I send her links so she can go see what I've written. She is busy in school and work and doesn't have a lot of time to read here, so she doesn't, but she likes that I have an outlet to talk about us.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    ^^^Ignore that. What you found is unimportant.

I don't think you have anything to worry about in THAT regard - you didn't mean to do it, and you shut it down as soon as you realized what you were doing. In that way, you're fine.

I do however, feel that I must address the issue of why you're keeping your activities on THIS site secret? Do you post things/ask questions about your relationship that you don't want her to see? If that's the case, be aware that this is a public forum and that's kind of foolish...

If not, why hide it? Do you honestly think a woman you're involved with will ever feel uncomfortable with the fact that you're reading about other people's relationships, and maybe trying to learn more about how to make things work well with her? Hell no. She'll love you for it. My activities on here are known to my wife, and occasionally I send her links so she can go see what I've written. She is busy in school and work and doesn't have a lot of time to read here, so she doesn't, but she likes that I have an outlet to talk about us.
    good question, some things like discussing erectile problems (my previous post) and asking if women would leave men over such difficulties doesn't seem like a topic a gf should see. don't get me wrong we discussed the issue but i would never ask her directly, "would you consider leaving me if i keep having these issues?" i dunno, might sound stupid but you bring up a good point...

and also does she need to know that i accidentally saw a small part of her browsing history? probably not...do you see kind of where im coming from? thanks for the thought
    Last edited by sizzling; 04-02-11 at 02:07 AM.

(1) Insecure and controlling cowards go into people's private business and snoop.
    (2) You knew that by having to privately browse: her history would be seen by going to that sub menu...

In either case: the only way it would "eat me alive" is IF you saw something she is hiding from you.
    If not, then you are blowing this out of proportion. Accidents happen, but I suspect your guilt stems from
    the fact you knew what you were doing.

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    (1) Insecure and controlling cowards go into people's private business and snoop.
    (2) You knew that by having to privately browse: her history would be seen by going to that sub menu...

In either case: the only way it would "eat me alive" is IF you saw something she is hiding from you.
    If not, then you are blowing this out of proportion. Accidents happen, but I suspect your guilt stems from
    the fact you knew what you were doing.
    i really was not thinking of viewing her history, honestly. i do this at work, etc. as well so its a habit of checking history as i dont like leaving tracks...i think i love this girl so much that even the slightest things i do wrong i work myself up over...i really do trust her and will be more careful next time as to not get involved in her private business just as i hope she wont in mine...i dunno i have a tendency to fixate on dumb things i guess :/ thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by sizzling View Post
    i really was not thinking of viewing her history, honestly. i do this at work, etc. as well so its a habit of checking history as i dont like leaving tracks...i think i love this girl so much that even the slightest things i do wrong i work myself up over...i really do trust her and will be more careful next time as to not get involved in her private business just as i hope she wont in mine...i dunno i have a tendency to fixate on dumb things i guess :/ thanks for the reply
    I wasn't calling you names: just that the action has the connection with being as such.
    Look, the both of you should feel as though each one loves other the same...You make it out to be as though you
    are obsessed with her and that she appears "too good for you" based on your posts.

Don't fixate on dumb things...It usually means you have a habit of focusing on inconsequential things while avoiding
    the most important ones.

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    I wasn't calling you names: just that the action has the connection with being as such.
    Look, the both of you should feel as though each one loves other the same...You make it out to be as though you
    are obsessed with her and that she appears "too good for you" based on your posts.

Don't fixate on dumb things...It usually means you have a habit of focusing on inconsequential things while avoiding
    the most important ones.
    thanks for the reply. she also loves me very much and she has actually said a few times that she thinks im too good for her...which i refute of course and show her a lot of love...i simply do not agree with her statement...i think we have a great relationship going and im trying to make sure that is built on constant trust and thats why these little things bother me so much...just gotta learn to let go, sooo hard...from now on nothing but truth, im sick how sick these little things are making me argh

Quote Originally Posted by sizzling View Post
    thanks for the reply. she also loves me very much and she has actually said a few times that she thinks im too good for her...which i refute of course and show her a lot of love...i simply do not agree with her statement...i think we have a great relationship going and im trying to make sure that is built on constant trust and thats why these little things bother me so much...just gotta learn to let go, sooo hard...from now on nothing but truth, im sick how sick these little things are making me argh
    Well, relationships end when you stop having open and honest communication, when you have expectations and when you don't have trust and respect.
    You don't *make* a relationship great: Two genuine people that come together for one another make a relationship great.
    You can't be perfect and she doesn't expect that of you. All people require and deserve: love, respect, compassion, patience and understanding! -These aren't expectations to me-

So, all you can do is wake up each morning and wonder to yourself, "What can I do to strengthen our relationship?" (Doing the above)
    Women love humor, spontaneity, love a man who knows how to be assertive, yet who can empathize with his woman's need for attention, compliments and most of all: Affirmation.
    You do these things and your relationship will build on a fruitful foundation. Just understand that change is an implied requisite for humanity's existence, so you must
    always account for variable change AND never get comfortable nor complacent...