+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I wait for my Ex? :(

Should I wait for my Ex? :(

My ex and I broke up two days ago (Tuesday, 2/1) over the phone when I confronted him that things haven't been the same these past few days. He was fine when he answered the phone and was calling me by my nicknames and sounded cute and completely normal until I brought up the issue.

So he agreed that things haven't been the same and got defensive and started saying he's not happy with me and our relationship is dead because we have no more intimacy. (We broke up before and he thinks I had sex with someone else while we were broken up even though I keep telling him that I DIDN'T, so he's been refusing to be intimate with me recently). He mentioned a rhyme that I wrote in my phone about "letting go/losing of my emotions" that I wrote when I was sexually frustrated with him and he sounded fed up at this point.

I asked him if he still loves and cares about me and he said yes and I know that's the truth but he still broke up with me.

I'm completely heartbroken and I'm still in love with him. I have some of my stuff at his place and he has his jacket here so he said maybe we'll talk in a week or two (he said he'll email me).
    We haven't spoken for a few days and it's already killing me.

I don't want to go out and meet new people because I made that mistake when we first broke up which is why we have this huge problem now. I'm still in love with him and I want to follow my heart this time.

Do you think I should wait for him or should I move on?
    Last edited by freewing; 06-02-11 at 03:42 AM. Reason: just editing the date and a few typos..

It's tough - I had the same thing only a few weeks ago with my ex girlfriend. Things change...and if people get defensive it generally means they're not going to work out. The girl I was with even got angry at me when I said things had changed. In my opinion....It's best in the end to stay apart. Wait a week or two , get your stuff. See how thing's are. But after that i think you should go out and meet new people and move on with your life. I know it's tough if you still love him...You've just got to be strong and wait til your over it ..weather the storm as it were. Hope your okay soon
    "Nobody , so long as he moves about among the chaotic currents of life , is without trouble. Carl jung

You say you called and he ended it two days ago. Then you say you havn't spoken for a few days???

So, let me get this straight.

You phone him and tell him things are not the same of late. He agrees and ends it - now you aren't happy.

Looks like your plan to get him to alter his ways, backfired huh?

Guess it shows how much he truly thinks of you. Which is not enough and to give you what you need.

I'd stay away from him. Don't call, don't text. He ended it, let him be the one to come to you.

She has the measure of it . let him come crawling back , or not at all
    "Nobody , so long as he moves about among the chaotic currents of life , is without trouble. Carl jung

yeah if you keep buggin him its just gonna drive him away more! the no contact rule worked for me, kinda. still waiting for her to call me tonight. keeping my fingers crossed for me and you!
    I got loaded last night on a bottle of gin
    And I had a fight with my redneck girlfriend
    But when I'm drinkin' I am nobody's friend
    Please baby wait for me until they let me out again

Thanks for the advice guys!

I'm not talking to him at all and applying the no contact rule, I'm just hoping and praying that he'll contact me maybe over the weekend or sometime next week.. I'm going to follow my heart and wait for him to come back (I'm praying he will), I guess love works in strange ways

ktm390- Look like we're in a similar situation? I hope all goes well and she calls you soon

Such a tough situation

Quote Originally Posted by freewing View Post
    Thanks for the advice guys!

I'm not talking to him at all and applying the no contact rule, I'm just hoping and praying that he'll contact me maybe over the weekend or sometime next week.. I'm going to follow my heart and wait for him to come back (I'm praying he will), I guess love works in strange ways

ktm390- Look like we're in a similar situation? I hope all goes well and she calls you soon

Such a tough situation
    yeah its tough but the whiskey, smokes, and music are helping to keep my mind off it. what are you doing to keep busy? i'm actually kind of anxious about her calling, i dont really know what to say!

*sigh* not much actually.. I quit drinking and smoking and have no intention of starting up again :\ I've just been confiding in my friends and keeping bust with school and work.. but it's hard.

I miss him so much, I thought that NC would make me forget him but it's just making it WORSE.. and what's even worse than that is I keep thinking he's really going to forget about me this time

How long have you not spoken with your ex??

she actually stopped by last night to get some of her clothes and said she still loved me and gave me a few long hugs. kept stalling so she didnt have to leave. but i just kept smiling and got her on her way. she started crying a couple times and we both said we were sorry. i just hope she calls 2nite! i hate to hear that you quit drinkin!! no just kidding if thats whats best for you. i quit doing illegal drugs after being addicted to heroin for 11 years so i gotta have a vice of some kind! shit being in NC there are lots of things i would do!! i'm a huge nascar fan so i would go to all the shops. nc is the home of nascar. even if you dont like to watch it on tv it would still be something to go do. the cars are always cool even if you dont like to watch the race, right? if you dont live near moorsville i recommend going there and visiting dale earnhardt jr's place. also here is a song that you might find helpful, its country but not the shit you hear on the radio so its actually good. it helped me through some tough times and actually helped me get my girl back once when we broke up before. i played it for her and she loved it!! i dont know about the video but the song is good.

Awww thank you! I feel like such a troll on this forum.. I'm impatiently waiting for one of my girl friends to pick me up so we can go out to dinner. I've been moping around in my room for the past couple hours, I feel pathetic and to even THINK that he probably doesn't miss me. Otherwise wouldn't he have contacted me by now?

The only hope I have is that perhaps next week we'll talk and trade back some of the stuff we left at each other's apartments.

Sounds like your girl is going to come back, but it just needs some time... just like my situation, except I'm not sure he'll be back

haha and I meant "No Contact" by "NC", that seems to be what everyone on here is calling "no contact" but it took me a little bit to figure it out LOL. I actually live in LA, so there's plenty of things to do here but I don't want to get into any trouble so I'm staying away from clubs or any potential situations that would further agitate the situation with my ex and I

p.s. I'm not much of a country music person BUT I like this song! It's making me feel more insightful instead of crying over some sappy BS lovesong!!! Thank you!

p.s.s. If I may ask.. How long have you been broken up with your ex?
    I'll definitely be praying for you, I sure hope things work out as they're meant to be

shit i'm SURE he misses you, if you two were really in love then he misses you. and just because he hasnt contacted you yet doesnt mean he doesnt miss you. i hope she comes back but i'm not sure that i deserve another chance though i would give anything for one. like the song said "i was mean as i could be, but i wish that you could see, i never meant for you to end up hatin me" i hope your guy comes back to you too. i guess the amount of time needed depends on the specific situation. and ha i swear i read 'i thought movin to nc would make me forget him' sorry i get a little excited with anything that my brain can see as related to racing of any kind. and i'm glad you liked the song, most people that dont like country like Hank III because its not what nashville is telling everyone is 'country music' Hank III is the first country artist to have an explicit lyrics sticker on an album! are you into metal at all? cuz he also plays in a few metal bands. and my girl actually left at like 3 am tuesday morning, so not that long. it just sucks cuz i dont know where she is and who she is with. i try not to think about it, every time i do i get all hot and get a huge jolt of energy. i guess it makes my blood boil. thats why i have had a hard time sleeping cuz when i lay down to go to sleep all i have are my thoughts and they somehow always turn to her....

oh by the way have a good time at dinner, i think mongolian or thai would make me feel better. what are you having?
    Last edited by ktm390; 04-02-11 at 10:19 AM.

Aw I sure hope so, we always used to say our hearts are "connected" because sometimes we'd have the same feelings even when we were apart/separated by distance. Hmmmmm..
    and I know EXACTLY how you feel, I have this feeling of anxiety in the pit of my stomach when I think of what he's doing right now or who he's with. It kills me not to know what he's up to. I just hope he's keeping up with the no drinking/smoking like I am..
    and I actually do like metal.. old school stuff like Black Sabbath/Iron Maiden/Judas Priest and whatnot. That's good stuff right there I'm up for it if you'd like to let me know the metal bands he's played in!

So I just got back from dinner.. we went to a restaurant called "Ketchup" which is famous for all their different types of kethcup (had a hugeeeeee burger and appetizer) and ended up eating waaaaaaaay too much to consider it "comfort food" because I feel uncomfortably full right now haha. But I indeed love Mongolian/Thai/Japanese.. basically any kind of Asian cuisine! That's good stuff!

So any luck hearing back from your girl yet? It seems like I might be waiting FOREVER for my ex to contact me.... starting to feel slightly hopeless:\

you are soooooo strong for not drinkin or smokin right now! how long has it been?? glad you had a good dinner. i have been havin a hard time eating. so you live in la? you ever go to the roxy or the rainbow? pretty cool places if you are into music. and no she never called me tonight, which might be for the best seeing as i didnt even know what i was gonna say anyway! ok so his metal bands are Assjack, Arson Anthem, Superjoint Ritual. now i know the first two are not really 'metal' but they still rock and the arson anthem shit is kinda punk inspired but if you really want to hear some metal you can search his stuff

"Holes in my boots, tattoos on my back
    I guess that's why those rich folks call me white trash
    I raise a lotta chickens, I ride those mules
    I guess thats why those city folks- they think were kinda fools
    I like my honky tonkin, love my cadillac
    I guess that's why those rich folks, call me white trash"

punch fight ****!!!

arson anthem

Hey! Thanks for posting the music, I'll be listening to it later on today.. I haven't been to teh Roxy or the Rainbow but one of my good friends lives by the Sunset Strip so I'm sire I'll get a chance one of these days. I quit drinking/smoking about 2 months ago (it was an agreement with my ex) and I'm so glad I did. I know it hasn't been long but life is so much better in that aspect, I don't know if I'll have drink or smoke again.. at least not for a while.
    Yesterday was really hard for me, I was at work and he was on my mind the whole time and I kept tearing up and trying to hide it so I wouldn't look stupid We still haven't spoken it's been since Tuesday I feel sick to my stomach, looks like no appetite today for me. I'm starting to lose hope. Did your girl call you yet?

This is the evidence that he would return

he said (maybe we'll talk in a week or two (he said he'll email me)).

trust me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast