+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I overreacting?

Am I overreacting?

My boyfriend Of almost 3 years had told me over a year and half ago that he had sent his ex gf a "joke text.". I just found out the "joke text" consisted of a text that said "DTF?" not to mention last February he found another of his ex gf's through Facebook and sent her a message apologizing for the way he acted when they broke up. I think it's commendable that he did so but I do have a problem with the fact he hid it from me and I was caught offguard by having it sent to me by the ex. I also feel very disrespected by his text to his ex asking the question...down to f@!?. Please help!

Now, this was over a year an a half ago? Did he just tell you? If not and you've been angry about it for a year and a half, it's time to let it go. If he just told you, I think it's fine to let him know you found it disrespectful despite it being a "joke". Him apologizing to his ex, I'm not sure. It sounds like maybe he had been feeling guilty because he had been more immature, but didn't think it' be a big deal. (I mean, how does that conversation go? Btw, I apologized to an ex today. Haha) The fact that she sent it to you might mean that she was trying to make you jealous. Don't accuse him of anything, but I don't think it would hurt to ask him about it. You two have been dating for a long while. Maybe he just feels comfortable to talk to his exes now because he's so secure in his relationship with you. Either that or something's up. But I don't think it's the latter.

I actually just found out about the DTF a day ago and not from him. When I asked him about it because the content of the "joke" was intentionally kept from me, he said the reason he kept it from me was because he didn't want this conversation. There are many trust issues that I am having of him. I told him I thought it was very disrespectful to me to send it to her. Even her response back to him clarified it. Her response was to not text her anymore bc she loves her boyfriend. I guess the biggest reason I am having a problem with it is because he kept the fact he was married from me and still is to this day. Although in his defense he sent her the divorce papers last September and she is dragging her feet. I am not against him communicating or texting jokes to friends that are girls but where do you draw the line?