+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Beautiful girl~

Beautiful girl~

Hey y'all, I've got a bit of an issue concerning asking a girl out. I've got no confidence almost at all, and I have nothing incommon with her except for going to the same school. Never spoken to her, and the most closest moment to her was with me and my friend (who knows the girl) sitting in a train, with the atmosphere ending up awkward.

I'm also afraid that i've given her the impression that im the kinda "depressed, closed up kid" due to always when seeing her I've got nobody hanging out with me (although I'm VERY social, but there's just some people who you just don't want to make friends with, I have many friends but their breaks are at different times then mine ), and the worst thing is that i'm the complete opposite of angsty. I always get complimented about being funny and that I have a nice smile.

I dont consider myself bad looking, I dress fine, my hair is neat and my glasses make me look a tad older =).

The thing is, that every girl who i've liked in my life have turned me down, or I never got myself to ask them. Ironically everyone who i've got no interest in suddenly try to close up on me.

About the girl: She's beautiful, i'd say that she's the prettiest girl in the entire school (:3) but she seemingly doesn't have that many guy friends (luckily, she'd be covered in them). She's a fun, very social and always has a smile (one of her greatest aspects).

Now to other issues: I'm confident in everything except for this topic. Asking out by SMS or fb is sad in my opinion, and it hasn't got any special effect on the person, whilst live you can always add the smiles, and overall makes you look more confident. I've got no backbone, and I seriously dont engage any activities with her, and kinda doubt what she thinks of me. No "special eye glances" or anything.

I'd seriously want to know her better, she seems incredible. In a pure and honest way .

So people, please advise me on how to approach her, how to get more confidence and accept a negative responce. ^^

Thanks xx

Quote Originally Posted by Randomness View Post
    I always get complimented about being funny and that I have a nice smile.
    That's what you need to play off of. You said that eveyone you've got no interest in goes after yo,u and the ones you like turn you down. That's because you change who you are around the ones you like. You have to relax and be yourself; funny, and with a great smile. I know countless women who love a man who can make them laugh.

You know that thing about gaining confidence by imagining the person you're taliking to is in their underwear? Well, that one won't work with a beautiful woman, lol. (Too sexy in her undies!) But, I recently read about an interesting study in which two different guys were sent into a room to talk to an attractive woman. The first guy wasn't told anything. The second one was told that the woman was a bit nervous about meeting him because she didn't think she was good enough for him, that he was a little out of her league.

Well, the first guy did "OK". But the second one did great. Since he figured the girl would be nervous, he tried to put her at ease, make her laugh, and wasn't the least bit nervous himself. After all, HE thought that SHE thought that she wasn't good enough for him. It's really all in your mind anyway, so maybe you can make up that same sort of fantasy in your head with this girl. Or practice your approach with some "neutral" women first. But take on that persona of the "great catch" who is trying to put the girl at ease. Get my drift?

Don't hesitate to ask her out. Sounds like you are a likeable guy and have good chances.

She probably doesn't know you well, rather than thinks that you are depressed or whatever. Have a small talk or two with her first, smile and show your real self.

Try not to worry about what she thinks or anything else. As your experience proved that you are more successful when you are more relaxed, learn to use it.

Don't be afraid of rejection, you don't lose anything in fact.

Yeah if she's this pretty, the prettiest girl in the school, then she might reject you.
    But it's not because of you-you- but she wants someone who is top-knotch as well.

If she's the prettiest, unless your school has a bunch of toothless drunk bleach blonde-dark roots, acne, overweight, smelly, stupid girls, and she's like Adriana Lima walking by.

Be more confident, believe in yourself. You can't assume she will reject you - ask her out and see what happens.

Step up to her in a confident way, then sing this song

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8noCrJvvvA]YouTube - Prince The Most Beautifful Girl In The World[/url]

If she won't go out with you after that, she's pobably a lesbian

Bro, girls like funny guys. Not dorky guys, but the ones that can make them laugh. Use that as your tool and she will start thinking of you when she is bored with others.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Hey, thanks for all the responces! (including the ones that made me chuckle). I'm great at making people laugh, most propably the one most commonly known fact about me (but not in this gymnasium, though. It's my first year). People tend to notice when a guy she's never spoken to or had contact with walkes along the corridor and stops just to smalltalk. I've never been good at handling pressure, and I hate getting the feeling when the girl gets quiet or looks at me awkwardly :s.

So, anyways back to the point. I spoke to her on facebook (typical, huh?) and we chatted for about a total of wonderful two minutes. I used a silly excuse about school to kind of break the ice between us, and now I can freely start to say hi to her in the corridoors. Just trying to give the utmost positive look about myself.

Dunno where this is going to lead... but then again, please don't make silly comments about my approaching method, i'd propably seriously make an idiot of myself ^^.

Here you go brah, these are very good conversation starters:
    . What type of music do you like?
    . What TV shows/movies do watch?
    . How do you typically enjoy the weekends?
    . What sports do you play or follow?
    . What’s your favorite hobby?
    -----------------------------------
    Be yourself and ask her about her.

A girl is not beautiful who acts like this

Quote Originally Posted by AMansView View Post
    A girl is not beautiful who acts like this
    How does the fact that i've never spoken to her make her "not beautiful?" Thanks for the topics, but I don't get the point of your second message. I've never seen her act in a "ugly" manner to anyone, barely even see her. Did you base the comment on some of the other comments above? Or did my original post mislead you? =)

Quote Originally Posted by Randomness View Post
    How does the fact that i've never spoken to her make her "not beautiful?" Thanks for the topics, but I don't get the point of your second message. I've never seen her act in a "ugly" manner to anyone, barely even see her. Did you base the comment on some of the other comments above? Or did my original post mislead you? =)
    I'm pretty sure that guy was just trying to get his post count high enough to be able to spam links to his website. Don't pay him much attention.

And hey, your approaching method was solid. Anything to break the ice in a non-creepy way is a step in the right direction. Keep the momentum going, champ.