+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dumb customers/Dumb ppl.

I think that there are so many stupid people because many developed societies cater to and spoon feed everyone everything they know and understand. Heaven forbid you tell a customer "no" or "you're wrong" in the US. There would probably be a column in the news paper and a story on the local new station about it. Oh and you can't complain about the fact that someone isn't controlling their disruptive brat, or state someone's obvious characteristics like race or sexual preference (no matter how obvious). Bottom line is that our current societies create pampered whiners who think that everything should go their way and the people who work in any kind of customer service see it every day.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    I think that there are so many stupid people because many developed societies cater to and spoon feed everyone everything they know and understand. Heaven forbid you tell a customer "no" or "you're wrong" in the US. There would probably be a column in the news paper and a story on the local new station about it. Oh and you can't complain about the fact that someone isn't controlling their disruptive brat, or state someone's obvious characteristics like race or sexual preference (no matter how obvious). Bottom line is that our current societies create pampered whiners who think that everything should go their way and the people who work in any kind of customer service see it every day.
    good lord, tell me about it. People are so insanely spoiled and they don't even realize it.

Just the other day, someone's child was sitting there whacking me with a pair of chopsticks while i took the parent's order, they hardly said anything to the kid.

Parents need to learn how to control their F*cking kids.
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

Ha, you need to see this thread: [URL="http://www.loveforum.net/off-topic-discussion/50983-do-modern-free-societies-create-cream-puff-citizens.html#post679087"]http://www.loveforum.net/off-topic-discussion/50983-do-modern-free-societies-create-cream-puff-citizens.html#post679087[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Bo View Post
    good lord, tell me about it. People are so insanely spoiled and they don't even realize it.

Just the other day, someone's child was sitting there whacking me with a pair of chopsticks while i took the parent's order, they hardly said anything to the kid.

Parents need to learn how to control their F*cking kids.
    This reminds me of an epic argument that I had with someone here (I thought it was IndiReloaded, but I might be wrong). Anyway the person was mentioning that if their child disobeys them that they tickle him. I said "um, yeah, so you reward him for his disobedience by tickling him?". Whomever it was never got that their parenting method was a fail. I think that many parents are simply too weak to stand up to their kids, but are hyper defensive when someone points out that their kids need to be put in line.

Again all of this points to the fact that Americans look at freedom as the ability to do whatever feels right and to have everything, even if it means being a lazy/weak parent, or means being EXTREMELY wasteful and so on. I have other family who waste everything from food to electricity, to water. When I tactfully point out that they could save money by not throwing so much away (I can't say being wasteful because it would probably cause hurt feelings) they simply say "meh, its alright, I can afford it". Its not my house, so I don't say anything further.

Speaking of stupid, wasteful people Bo, how many times do you go to clean up a table and the people left a bunch of uneaten food there? People (excuse me... Americans) fail to realize that people in other parts of the world would literally KILL for the food that they so wastefully throw away.
    Last edited by Incognito; 25-02-11 at 03:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    I worked at a restaurant when I was a kid. Hated it. Quit after 3 weeks because of all the retarded customers.

Now since dumb is a two way street, I'd like to complain about dumb workers.

How come it's so damn difficult for fast food joints to figure out what a "plain hamburger" is? Just the bun and the meat! Sometimes I go out of my way to be a little more descriptive and say, "a plain burger with nothing on it" or, as the teleprompt often says after an order, "burger minus all", and they still manage to put all their greasy sloppy condiments on it.
    I hate all condiments to mustard being the worst yuck
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

I remember when I worked in a grocery store. We had a deli/bakery in the back. This lady would come in 1-2 times a week & ask me what was in damn near all the salads in the deli section. Every freaking week!!! The shit never changed lady!!

Also, this other woman would want me to practically walk her around the store because she never knew where things were. Now I know that stores do move aisles around etc. at times, but the place I worked at didn't. Again another person that came in every week, the shit didn't change!!

That's why I will never work with people ever again. I now am an Admin. Assistant, I type up letters that are done by other people, make reports look nice, NEVER have to answer the phone or interact with the people. I think if I had to work with people at this stage in my life, I would have gone totally postal.

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    This reminds me of an epic argument that I had with someone here (I thought it was IndiReloaded, but I might be wrong). Anyway the person was mentioning that if their child disobeys them that they tickle him. I said "um, yeah, so you reward him for his disobedience by tickling him?". Whomever it was never got that their parenting method was a fail. I think that many parents are simply too weak to stand up to their kids, but are hyper defensive when someone points out that their kids need to be put in line.

Again all of this points to the fact that Americans look at freedom as the ability to do whatever feels right and to have everything, even if it means being a lazy/weak parent, or means being EXTREMELY wasteful and so on. I have other family who waste everything from food to electricity, to water. When I tactfully point out that they could save money by not throwing so much away (I can't say being wasteful because it would probably cause hurt feelings) they simply say "meh, its alright, I can afford it". Its not my house, so I don't say anything further.

Speaking of stupid, wasteful people Bo, how many times do you go to clean up a table and the people left a bunch of uneaten food there? People (excuse me... Americans) fail to realize that people in other parts of the world would literally KILL for the food that they so wastefully throw away.
    oh yeah, i have customers who come in constantly hungover in the mornings....they never eat the noodles or meat because their stomach is too weak to take it but refuse to order it without so they can just sip on the both....which would save us food and save them money. Don't really understand this kind of thinking. Even to this day i hate wasting food, good thing i'm naturally thin so i can eat a whole bunch and still be thin because i'm always finishing my sister's food when we go out if she doesn't eat it all.

And about parents, seriously it gets worse and worse..this is why we see so many f*ck up teenagers these days. They all live with enablers.

Just a few hours ago when i was still at work, this lady asks me to fill all her kids waters up which we only fill part way because 95% of the time kids spill their water all over and this makes it a little easier to clean up if there's an accident. Anyway i fill her water and what do you know? TWO seconds later her effing kids spill the water. *palm to the forehead. Nonetheless i clean it up and then the dad comes up to me later and says "my daughter is in the bathroom, just keep an eye on her". Wtf, i'm not a baby-sitter.
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

LOL, that is why I hate people....

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I hate people because most people are bad and do not see it in themselves

that is the EXACT reason i hate cops.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    I hate people because most people are bad and do not see it in themselves

I'm not anywhere close to a people liker person as I used to years ago. I see the slow decline of HUMANS & I just don't like it & can't relate to how people think & do things these days. I choose to stay home most days instead of getting out there in the crowds because I know I will wind up angry at some ignorant so & so or a few ignorant so & so's & ruin my time out.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't think you can see the "slow decline of humans." You're probably just becoming more aware of everyones flaws

I absolutely think there is a decline in human reasoning, attitude, civility, and intelligence. This is partly underscored by my experience at a store yesterday. I was exiting a store and as the door started to close behind me I noticed that there was someone a few paces behind me out of the corner of my eye. I immediately jumped at the door and grabbed it before it could close on the person. I didn't know whether it was a man, woman, child who was young or old. It didn't matter. Anyway I grabbed the door, opened it and apologized that I didn't do it sooner. It turned out to be an older woman, and she thanked me while smiling. She went on to say that hasn't happened to her in a long time and that you don't see it anymore these days. She said that the world would be a lot better if people simply treated each other better.

Even though I wasn't around in the 50s I have reason to believe that it was a much better time, socially speaking. The level of civility and respect was much higher (barring racial issues). Not even a century later we are here where no one has any respect for anyone else and where everyone thinks that their personal "rights" and "freedoms" are more important than everyone else's. I'd define that as a rapid decline in the grand scheme of things.
    Last edited by Incognito; 03-03-11 at 02:40 AM. Reason: Spelling error

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12