+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dumb customers/Dumb ppl.

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Dumb customers/Dumb ppl.

I can't remember all the exact words but here is the conversation

c(customer): Miss, i want to know what that special is written on the board over there. The p2-p11. The large one for $6.50

Me: yes, that's for the pho beef noodle soup, you can choose any of them from p2-p11, did you want this for to-go or now?

c: well what's in it? and i want it now, i could eat another bowl

Note: mind you this man literally had just eaten what he's asking about but his soup had no meat in it

me: well the pho soup is all the same, it just depends on what meats or toppings you want in it. Would you like me to bring you a menu?

c: Well i want it but i want to know what's in it.

me: well there several different kinds of meat you can choose from so i will bring you a menu

c: ok well can i have some more tea also?

me: of course, i'll be right back

note: mean while my sister had left to go buy something and the restaurant was starting to fill up, i was feeling very impatient...he seemed to not notice or did notice and not care that i was the only person in the front having to do everything from ringing ppl up, seating ppl, getting/making drinks and bringing it to the tables, taking orders, filling water, answering the phone, checking on tables, serving the food. etc. etc.

....So i come back with the tea

me: some more tea and here's the menu i'll be back in a couple minutes (pointed it out to him which ones applied to the special)
    ...a couple mins later i come back

me: Did you decide on which one you wanted?

c:Well what's in it?

me: Anywhere from p2-p11 there's eye-round, brisket, flank......(as i point it out to him again, and i have other customers i needed to get back to)

c: oooohhh...ok

me: (thinking omfg, shoot me) Did you need another minute to look at the menu?

c: no, no i think i know.....*he stares at the menu some more

me: *silently waiting.......Are you sure you don't need another minute?

C: uhmmmmm. *silence..... I think i'll have the p6

me: alright, anything else you might need?

c: No, that'll be it thank you.

Maybe i'm being a b-i-t-c-h but my patience is really starting to run thin when it comes to dumb ppl, if it weren't for me wanting to help my parents out...I'd NEVER go into the food industry. I encounter the dumbest ppl on a daily basis. I've had worse customers. much much worse.
    Last edited by Bo; 06-02-11 at 07:11 PM. Reason: grammatical errors.
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

Users Country Flag
    My question how do you survive being THAT fkn dumb?

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I remember when I was working at an Ice Cafe , there was a situation that was repeating every freaking day at least 100 times

C:I want 3 scoops ,this this and ummmmmmm this.
    Me: In a cup or a waffle?
    C:In a waffle.
    Me:With cream and sauce?
    C:Yes.
    Me:Which sauce do you want: chocolate or strawberry?
    Me:So chocolate or strawberry?
    Me:Chocolate?

I've realized after few weeks that when they answered "yes" it was always to the first sauce flavour I named. For example "Strawberry or chocolate" would be strawberry But of course it was annoying ,especially when there were 50 people waiting to buy ice creams.
    I wazzzz here

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I want to add, that most of the customers in restaurant etc are like a flock of sheeps. They stop to think when they order. Unfortunately you can understand it once you have to serve them You know, at once menu starts to be freaking unreadable, product names impossible to understand,they feel time pressure and everything. I know I feel that way sometimes, but I know how much it can be a pain in the ass so I call the waiter first when I know what to order. Or if I'm at starbucks or something, I stand on the side, decide what to take and then stand in the line to order. It's really bad when there is a bunch of clients that you have to serve them and there is this one that lets you wait ,cause she/he can't decide to take coke or fanta ...
    I wazzzz here

Users Country Flag
    what i just threaded about happened earlier when i was at work and a few days ago this group comes in during lunch time so i gave all three of them a lunch special menu along with the regular one. it was 2 men and a lady. All were pretty 'professional' looking and nicely dressed. Little did i know how stupid they were

We've gotten used to people asking us dumb and obvious question so literally EVERYTHING you could think of is on the menus all you have to do is read it.

of course i always am asked what the soup special is FCUKING p2-p11!!! EVERY item has a letter and number.

guy1: Do yo have pad thai?

me: yes we do*then i point it out

guy1: is the pad thai on the lunch special menu?

me: *i'm thinking, omg the lunch special menu is in you're fcking hand and it doesn't have pad thai on there, does it?* No, i'm sorry... it's not

guy1: well what are the specials?

me: The lunch specials are on the little white menu you're holding, that says lunch specials

guy1: well what comes with it?

Note: like i said, the menu TELLS you EVERYTHINGGGGGGG.

me: Well it's says these ones are the rice dishes, so they come with rice and an egg-roll. And these are soups and those come with veggies.

guy1: oh ok

girl: i'll have the orange chicken

guy2: Ok i'll have the orange chicken also, but instead of an egg-roll can i have crab puffs?

Note: NO WHERE on any menu, or anywhere in the restaurant does it say we have crab puffs, GOD DAMN IT!

me: I'm sorry, we don't have crab puffs and we don't do substitutions on the lunch specials

Note: once AGAIN, it CLEARLYYYYYY states at the top *NO SUBSTITUTIONS on lunch specials and yes it's CAPITALIZED, REALLY ppl???

guy2: ok i guess that's fine

girl: oh and can you hurry? Because we're on our lunch break.

me: sure

*WE DON'T SIT AROUND AND TRY TO TAKE AS LONG AS POSSIBLE ANYWAY..WTFFF. We can only get you're shit done as quick as we can depending on when you're bill came in and how many bills there are before yours. Maybe if you guys didn't ask so many dumb ****ing questions and read the menu, things would have moved a little quicker!

Like it is totally ok, if you need time to read the menu but don't make me sit there and stare at you because you won't let me leave for a few minutes!

Users Country Flag
    i could go on and on about ppl i encounter, really.

pp. you must know how irritating it. seriously. it's driving me utterly insane.

Thank god for those wonderful customers who know what they want and give great tips.

It's normally those shitty-ass customers who also tip like shit too.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's easier to ask Well at the Ice Cafe, also very common situation was for examle :

C: i want 3 scoops . This ,this and this.
    Me: In a cup or a waffle?
    C: In a cup.
    Me: With cream and sauce?
    Me:What sauce?
    Of course the same problem as before... So then I put everything. I start to put the cream on it and then:
    C: Oh umm sorry, can I have it in the waffle?
    cheesus.

Or for example when I forgot to ask if they want to have a cream and sauce and I already started to put the scoops in the waffle :
    C: Oh can I have cream and sauce on it ??
    Me: (you ****ing moron) .
    And then i needed to change the waffle, cause there was a different one for the ice cream with cream and sauce.
    I wazzzz here

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh and about tipping.I'm glad I'm living here where tipping is not obligatory. For me tips are something you give for a good meal and great service. Sometimes the service is so bad that I would kill myself if I had to leave them a tip. And here, I enjoy to give to such people exact amount of money without a tip , I love to see their disappointed face, cause they should know their service sucks and their food was a crap! But I also enjoy giving a tip for a good food and good service. My tip means I really apreciated it
    I wazzzz here

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    Oh and about tipping.I'm glad I'm living here where tipping is not obligatory. For me tips are something you give for a good meal and great service. Sometimes the service is so bad that I would kill myself if I had to leave them a tip. And here, I enjoy to give to such people exact amount of money without a tip , I love to see their disappointed face, cause they should know their service sucks and their food was a crap! But I also enjoy giving a tip for a good food and good service. My tip means I really apreciated it
    Well absolutely if the food and service sucks, you definitely shouldn't be obligated to leave a tip. Although i'm a softy when it comes to tipping, if the service was terrible i'll give a shitty tip.

From what i've been told we provide great service, and proof is in our customer-return rate. We have TONS of regulars who love us and even bring us gifts, our whole front area is littered with flowers, bamboo plants, and origami ALL from customers.
    I've noticed it's usually the customers who require a lot of attention that don't tip well. I mean i'm sorry but if you don't want to leave a tip then go to mcdonald's where you don't have to because you don't get served and you don't have people checking up on you to see if your food is ok or if you need anything else.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You think customers in the food industry are dumb, you should work in a bank. I was in the food industry for many years, and I thought I'd seen it all until I became a banker. People are absolutely RETARDED when it comes to money. I get paid to basically dumb it down for the masses. My favorite clients are the ones that actually have a clue, because we can have non-mind-numbing conversations.

Here's the most typical one:

Client: I need overdraft on my bank account
    Me: Sure, we have to do a credit application for that.
    Client: Oh, ok. Well I'm unemployed right now. I'm on welfare. I make about $500 a month.
    Me: Well I can't apply for credit for you when you're on welfare.
    Client: Why not? It's income. Besides, if I don't get this overdraft I can't pay my cell phone bill.
    Me: It's not guaranteed income. Besides, how do you afford a cell phone on social assistance?
    Client: Well it didn't cost me anything to buy if I signed a contract.
    Me: But you said you can't afford to pay the bill.
    Client: Well I can if you give me the overdraft. $1000 should be fine.
    Me: You're not going to qualify. If you can't pay for your cell phone you can't afford your overdraft.
    Client: Don't tell me what I can afford.
    Me: Sigh.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

I worked at a restaurant when I was a kid. Hated it. Quit after 3 weeks because of all the retarded customers.

Now since dumb is a two way street, I'd like to complain about dumb workers.

How come it's so damn difficult for fast food joints to figure out what a "plain hamburger" is? Just the bun and the meat! Sometimes I go out of my way to be a little more descriptive and say, "a plain burger with nothing on it" or, as the teleprompt often says after an order, "burger minus all", and they still manage to put all their greasy sloppy condiments on it.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    You think customers in the food industry are dumb, you should work in a bank. I was in the food industry for many years, and I thought I'd seen it all until I became a banker. People are absolutely RETARDED when it comes to money. I get paid to basically dumb it down for the masses. My favorite clients are the ones that actually have a clue, because we can have non-mind-numbing conversations.

Here's the most typical one:

Client: I need overdraft on my bank account
    Me: Sure, we have to do a credit application for that.
    Client: Oh, ok. Well I'm unemployed right now. I'm on welfare. I make about $500 a month.
    Me: Well I can't apply for credit for you when you're on welfare.
    Client: Why not? It's income. Besides, if I don't get this overdraft I can't pay my cell phone bill.
    Me: It's not guaranteed income. Besides, how do you afford a cell phone on social assistance?
    Client: Well it didn't cost me anything to buy if I signed a contract.
    Me: But you said you can't afford to pay the bill.
    Client: Well I can if you give me the overdraft. $1000 should be fine.
    Me: You're not going to qualify. If you can't pay for your cell phone you can't afford your overdraft.
    Client: Don't tell me what I can afford.
    Me: Sigh.
    oh god lol. people are so dumb.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This is dumb, mm oh yeah I have something better. This is a true story , that my accounting/law professor read to us during our class.We laughed more than our asses off So he was reading us a law suit or something. A real one. Written in all this law ,so just imagine how funny this story have sounded
    There was a guy that met a woman. He convinced her that he's from another planet . There was a name for this plane, don't know anymore, but it was out of the space for sure lol. So she believed him. He wanted to take her with him and told him,if she wants to travel to this planet, she has to open a life insurance account, of course on his name and then, in order to get to the planet, she needed to prepare a bath,go inside and put a dryer in the water. Unfortunately she didn't succed,so she called him and he was instructing her how to do it. After few calls and few unsuccessful tries, he realized that it makes no sense to try to explain her how to do it... Unfortunately I don't know how the lawsuit ended ,but it was hilarious I don't know if I should laugh at this woman or feel sorry for her
    I wazzzz here

There was one day at Tescos I was preparing for christmas shopping. I was at the bath and spongey stuff, and I saw little sponge animals for £1. So I was like *wahay, they are cute* and went to buy 2.

Because I was buying a few items, I had roughly the right amount of money and was surprised when it went 2 pound over. So I looked at the reciept and realised I was charged over 2 pound for them each. I go to customer service and tell them the label said it was a lower price, so the lady follows me to where the sponges are stacked, and tell me that the label is for a different sponge product, but next time I'm to be careful when looking at prices! There wasn't even much description on the shelf label to indicate that it wasn't the animal sponges that it was refering to, and there was a whole blooming box of sponges above the animals, and no shelf price for them along the entire shelf!!!

Another time, I had checked the price of Heart Gold pokemon online. Because their price was decent, I went to my local Tesco to buy it, to find that only Soul Silver was on the shelf, but Heart Gold had the price sticker on the shelf. So I go to customer service to ask if they have any in stock, or if it can be ordered or something like that. The woman checks her system to see if they have it, and tells me that she can't find this product, because they've never stocked it. I ask if it could be ordered, and she informs me that if they've never stocked it, then it won't be in the store ever. Well I'm so mad at her dismissing it- because I know the price for the Heart Gold was on the shelf- that when it magically appears on the shelf 2 weeks later I decide they can stuff their fecking Heart Gold pokemon game.
    I'm 25 and Female.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    She called me one day when I was on Skype video-chatting with my sister, and I took the call... hung up the phone a few minutes later and my sister was bawling... I asked her what was wrong, and she said "You should've seen the look on your face when you looked at your phone and saw that B______was calling. Your whole face lit up."

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't even get me started on the stupid people I have to deal with. I don't mind speaking at a third grade level to patients who don't understand their condition, but I have to translate information for the doctors, too, who can't see that the patient doesn't have a clue what they are saying, but are too shy to say so. And not only do I need to do this for the patient (which I don't mind), but also their families, who insist on each calling me individually, all day long, to get updates, rather than actually speak to each other, because you know - they hate each other and don't agree on the plan of care.

And of course, the families are hyper-sensitive because their loved one is sick (understandable), but if they get the tiniest little notion you are impatient (even after the 10th phone call), they are quick to complain.

I generally love my patients, and hate dealing with their families.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast